• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retrenchments, unemployment in S’pore up in Q3 but job market continues to expand: MOM

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
After 6mth of unemployed sinkie should be out of the statistic?
That keeps our unemployment numbers looking rosy indeed. How do our leaders measure "intent"? How many of those laid off PMEs below the official retirement age actually intend to retire or are no longer interested in searching for a job a mere 6 months following their retrenchment?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
That keeps our unemployment numbers looking rosy indeed. How do our leaders measure "intent"? How many of those laid off PMEs below the official retirement age actually intend to retire or are no longer interested in searching for a job a mere 6 months following their retrenchment?
If u ate yesterday, do u still need to eat today? Lol.... lost interest in searching for a job and wait for money to drop from Heavens?

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
sinkies voted for this
i got two friends who got "retrenched" earlier this year.

One told me civil service headcount freeze, so his contract was not renewed. Now start his own business but struggling because of high overheads and regulatory issues, eg. need to send local staff for training. Borrowed money from me, never return on time too.

Second one retrenched from private sector. He is still highly sought-after but similar paying jobs are based overseas, eg. BKK, HK or Aust. He is still jobless because his wife and him don't wish to relocate.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Second one retrenched from private sector. He is still highly sought-after but similar paying jobs are based overseas, eg. BKK, HK or Aust. He is still jobless because his wife and him don't wish to relocate.
Dumbest husband. Can migrate but refuse. Son's life ruined by NS.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumbest husband. Can migrate but refuse. Son's life ruined by NS.
I think once the kids enters Primary school, they are obliged to serve NS.
For himself, he got to take care of his parents, and paying for kids education in BKK, HK or Aust is not necessary a better choice.

everyone have different baggages in life.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think once the kids enters Primary school, they are obliged to serve NS.
For himself, he got to take care of his parents, and paying for kids education in BKK, HK or Aust is not necessary a better choice.

everyone have different baggages in life.
I don't mean to be rude and insulting but parents are dumb too for allowing themselves to be a burden to their kids. Why do parents not know how to be independent at old age. Why be a drag on your adult kid's life?
If he doesn't migrate soon, he will also end up foisting his burdens on his kids. And the cycle continue.

His son can take up a foreign citizenship and throw away his NRIC. Why does he want to come back to this shithole, even for a visit? Is that worth 2 years of his life?

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lol so iz not juz me having a hard time deciphering todae’s headline :biggrin:

29a4ce94458c16e7be60d9c27aa9d1e3.jpeg
It's saying that job market is healthy but nobody is taking up the jobs i.e. the unemployed lazy asses. At the same time, those that are employed get retrenched.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's like the doc telling you ok I have bad news and good news for you....

Bad news - u got Stage 4 Cancer
Good news - u are still alive
It could be worse. The doc could tell his patient: "The bad news is that you have Stage 4 Cancer and you have 24 hours to live. The worse news is that I forgot to tell you yesterday."

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
It could be worse. The doc could tell his patient: "The bad news is that you have Stage 4 Cancer and you have 24 hours to live. The worse news is that I forgot to tell you yesterday."
How’s that bad news? If u can die without suffering pain, then u must have 积阴德 in your previous life!

I can tell u many rich people wish they were dead when they are suffering from ailments and illnesses, but lack the balls to kill themselves to end the suffering