• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Resident helps nab burglar

chowka

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sep 15, 2010

Resident helps nab burglar

Man's suspicious behaviour outside neighbour's flat prompts her to alert police

By Jalelah Abu Baker

ST_17538047.jpg

Madam Mazni Sueb received a commendation plaque for her public spiritedness and vigilance. -- PHOTO: LIANHE ZAOBAO

BABYSITTER Mazni Sueb, 43, had a bad feeling about a man living in a block near hers in Clementi West whom she often saw loitering around the neighbourhood. Yesterday, her hunch was proven right when she saw the 49-year-old man trying to break into her neighbour's flat. She immediately called the police.

The man, believed to be jobless, was arrested within minutes, and Madam Mazni was presented with a commendation plaque for her public spiritedness.
Speaking at a press conference called by the police to commend her on her vigilance, she said: 'I'm happy that I helped to catch this man. I hope other people will also help the police like this.'

She said she was watching television in her flat with her front door open when the man came to her door, asking for food. Fearing he might make a habit out of doing this, she did not give him any.
He then asked her whether anyone in the neighbouring flat was home and proceeded to check on it himself. She then became suspicious. After checking, he returned and asked Madam Mazni whether she knew of any locksmith nearby.

Read the full story in Wednesday's edition of The Straits Times.
[email protected]

c.gif