• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

QLD Flood: No Ginger. Selling $40/kg!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shits happen!
Price of ginger rise faster than Gold :eek:

What to do? The Japanese have huge contract for Australian ginger.

Hoarding ginger, I think price will go up to $50/kg next fortnight.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shits happen!

Oei, you ok in Perth or not? Heard got fire there ah.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oei, you ok in Perth or not? Heard got fire there ah.

OK. Not enough water here. But the grapes are growing beautifully - perfect season this year.

Kelmscott/Rolystone quite far from Mt Lawley. Usually don't go there because it is "rednecks" :biggrin: territory.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK. Not enough water here. But the grapes are growing beautifully - perfect season this year.

Kelmscott/Rolystone quite far from Mt Lawley. Usually don't go there because it is "rednecks" :biggrin: territory.

Ah no worries then mate.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah no worries then mate.

A Vietnam veteran working on angle-grinder caused that big fire. What a cruel joke! I heard that he is forgiven by his community - he has been a good bloke.

You OK? NSW Election coming.

I am heading Japan next to meet the in-laws.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Vietnam veteran working on angle-grinder caused that big fire. What a cruel joke! I heard that he is forgiven by his community - he has been a good bloke.

You OK? NSW Election coming.

I am heading Japan next to meet the in-laws.

Oh, tying the knot finally? Congrats. Bah, they predicting labor gets at most 20 seats. It'll be a walk-over.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I read the Courier Mail that Wayne Swan should have kept his big mouth shut about soaring prices, because the minute he opened it, prices of fruit and veges shot sky high.

Talk about price signalling, he could have been taken to court by the very legislation he's trying to introduce. :biggrin::biggrin:

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shits happen!

Singapore is still the best place to live!! No flood, no earthquake, no Tsunami, no nuclear meltdown...no worries...

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is still the best place to live!! No flood, no earthquake, no Tsunami, no nuclear meltdown...no worries...

Singapore is a good place to live, it is ranked higher then Hong Kong.
I will live on the little island as an expat with air-con.

But I can do without too many people, and living under pseudo martial laws.

Ginger is down to 20$/kg.
I will be leaving for Japan soon.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hope everything goes well for you over there. Looks bad from the news like some disaster movie.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hope everything goes well for you over there. Looks bad from the news like some disaster movie.

On Friday, the Tokyo area phone service was down.
The earthquake was felt in central Honshu as well, but the in-laws are fine.

But my friend's shop in Choshi-shi in Chiba prefecture is in a mess. He and his British wife ok, kids fine as well.

I am only concerned about radiation getting into the food supply.

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal

go live in Greenland, there u dun find too many ppl, and u wont have to live under what u call ' pseudo martial laws'...u can even run naked the whole day if u like....

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...u can even run naked the whole day if u like....

Wow, have you done that before?
Did you catch a cold?

No thanks on your offer.
I am a happy migrant. I love where I am living now.

* I am suppose to be travelling, but I love entertaining in my house too much. I can't say that about my past life in Singapore. *

I have created 5 living areas in my house, including a multi-purpose Activity Room for mahjong, etc.
Once I remove my swimming pool, I will be building a granny unit, a separate living area complete with its own kitchenette for Singapore relatives who are tired of hectic living and need a real vacation.

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro you are wrong. Crisis free and high efficient environment caused disasters too. Look at how impatient sinkies are - coz everything too efficient? Look at North East MRT tunnel collasped - non stop working to meet deadlines by compromising safety ? Even Mas Salamat great escape - sitting to well on their comfort chair ? Occasionally, set backs are good for us.. good for the economy and rebuilding process :wink:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hey, my trip is postponed. Osaka is now the temporary HQ for business from Tokyo, Chiba region. Companies like SAP have booked 500 hotel rooms for Tokyo staff to use.

After Smarttraveller issue a 'do not travel' warning to Tokyo & north, insurance will not accept any claims should I choose to travel. This is even though mine is a annual multi-trip policy.

Everyone is scared of radiation in food. I was told to expect delays in public transport.
Do you know that travel insurance do not cover exposure to radiation? I just did.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, my trip is postponed. Osaka is now the temporary HQ for business from Tokyo, Chiba region.

After Smarttraveller issue a 'do not travel' warning to Tokyo & north, insurance will not accept any claims should I choose to travel. This is even though mine is a annual multi-trip policy.

Everyone is scared of radiation in food, delays in public transport.
Did you know that travel insurance do not cover exposure to radiation?

Hah, not just China, I know of people delaying their trip to Shanghai because of the "radiation".