• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Putin's T-90 fighting in Syria now, will meet M1A1 used by ISIS

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a pointless argument.

The obvious winner is the one with air support

Actually a $2000 toy drone is enough, video view shared by several tanks' commanders. Identify and locate targets and threats from 120m above circulating. Drone have the automatic FOLLOW-Me device like a wrist watch, no remote control nor
pilot needed.

https://www.wearechampionmag.com/drones-follow-you-follow-me-mode

Drones that follow you (follow me mode)
Drones that follow you (follow me mode)

Drones and quadcopters are great to use when you want to take some amazing footage of places, but they are also extremely efficient when it comes to taking pictures and videos of you. Whether you want to record yourself on an adventure or just want your drone to take some pretty pictures, the advanced technology that now powers quadcopters allows them you use ‘follow me’ mode. This is essentially a mode where the quadcopter will follow you using a signal from the transmitter.

If you too want a drone that has such cool features and follows you around, then here’s a list of the best quadcopters to do so.
3D Robotics Solo Drone
$939.00
View On Amazon
View at 3drobotics.com

3D Robotics (3DR) is releasing their most advanced consumer drone till date called the Solo drone and it is being touted as one of the best in the market right now.

Unlike the other quadcopters and drones available in the market, the Solo is equipped to directly stream video from a GoPro camera (Hero3+ and up) to your smartphone or tablet due to its new 3-axis Solo gimbal.

The drone can fly for about 20 minutes when using a camera and gimbal, while it can go around 25 minutes without them. It is equipped with a 1 GHz ARM Cortex A9 processor inside the drone along with another identical one fitted inside the controller. It also has 3DR’s new Pixhawk 2 autopilot.
3DR Solo - The Smart Drone

See? set altitude 80m distance out 220m. automatic follows and circle around the small group of tanks. Eye in the sky for tank commanders.

Last edited:

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
if I was the Russian military advisor in Syria, I would train and organize them to be 4 tanks one armor car per team, best with a drone.

The effective operation model will be done observation to identify and pick a militant neighborhood, by high speed petrol, don't stop, give no time to be aimed.

Once identified target neighborhood, in a quick past and blind corner, drop off 2 sneaky light armed observers equipped with climb rope and hooks, and whisper radios, bino-scopes. They sneak up silently like snakes to high observation position where they can hear and see the neighborhood and see tanks.

Tanks stir up the militant's nest, violently. Observers and drone tells tanks where they flee, gather, hide, attempt to ambush, etc.

This way, surely I will kill way more of them than they could kill mine. :wink:

I don't require attack helicopters even.

In Syrian urban environment, actually infantry must adapt to electric bike or motorbike mounted. Electric for SILENT. Motor for speed. Very effective, can access everywhere. Can chase, and take cover, can flee, and reconnaissance, and rescue trapped or injured, RAPIDLY. These bikes are easily available, can even ship in from abroad. The military advisors from Russia did not see this. I am more war genius than them.

If ISIS tank killer teams goes on fast bikes, lots of tank crews' funeral are near. :wink:

Last edited: