• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Anwar Ibrahim said the success of urban farming programmes in Singapore should be emulated in KL

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysia has tons of land and not enough people. Why they goes into urban farming ?
too hot and humid for jiuhu farmers to take care of vast swaths of farm land. better to stay in the urban shade and farm with convenience and ac. can also go makan for 69 minutes after 6.9 minutes of work.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Farms can be configured in many ways. What can Anwar do is to send a few consultant and look at proposal from these people ? Study proposal and get the farmers to come in.

Farming is in the blood of Malaysian.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I so t think he will be next PM that is for sure.
The rural malays will not vote for him as they see him as similar to PAS so they rather go with PAS.
And the liberals and minorities aspirations have been ignored.
So nobody gets to be next PM. It's going to be a coalition which all interests have to be hammered out first before next gomen is formed. And PM. Chosen. Most likely from sarawak as anwar's pkr will Be wiped out.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
MALAYSIA
Perak MB’s office denies claims of forced eviction of Tambun farmers, says process done according to law

IPOH, Oct 27 ― The claim of forced eviction of a group of farmers in Kanthan, Tambun, is not true as the eviction process was carried out according to the law.

The Perak Menteri Besar’s office, in a statement, said that to resolve the issue, which has been going on for over 11 years, the state government, through the Perak State Development Corporation (PKNPk), had provided an alternative site in Changkat Kinding, which had been gazetted as an agricultural zone.

The state government is always committed to taking a prudent approach in resolving the issue of the claim by the group of agricultural squatters who carry out illegal agricultural activities at the site of the PKNPk's Silver Valley Technology Park (SVTP)

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are You Sure, that "SG Urban Farming is Successful" ?
How many actually see the local produce being Sold now ?
Or are these urban Farmers simply playing the "Government $$$Grants" Game ?

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are You Sure, that "SG Urban Farming is Successful" ?
How many actually see the local produce being Sold now ?
Or are these urban Farmers simply playing the "Government $$$Grants" Game ?
True. I was helping do a biz case for this.
It's not profitable. All grants.

Imported MY vege is easily 3x cheaper.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember one state chief minister telling rural malays if no land, plant paddy on their roof.
He lost his post and seats next election..

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. I was helping do a biz case for this.
It's not profitable. All grants.

Imported MY vege is easily 3x cheaper.
..isn't these "Grants' Schemes a national Con Job ?

Why aren't the CPIB or Internet Sleuths, highlighting such waste of tax-payers' monies ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
production is limited, thus a local urban farm can only supplement the makan needs of a small group of hungry ghosts rather than supplant multiple meals of the entire community. may be a school farm for vege supplements in lunch for students and may be a hospital rooftop garden for vege supplements for patients. students and patients will still need other food and proteins to complete a nutritional meal. sinkies will still crave for bkt, ckt, hkm, bcm, and must have kaya toast and kopi - shit stuff where raw ingredients cannot be “grown” and or produced in an urban farm.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
..isn't these "Grants' Schemes a national Con Job ?

Why aren't the CPIB or Internet Sleuths, highlighting such waste of tax-payers' monies ?
Some minister say for food security, so must show lor. Many other things waste more money ... army, total defence, People's Association etc