• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Please Guess??? High Talented Employee Not Happy Got Layoff by Amazon after 5 years of hardwork!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gurugram Man Laid Off By Amazon India After 5-Year Stint: ''First I Lost My Father...''​

Impacted by the job cut, a software engineer who had worked for Amazon for five years, was laid off on January 11.​

Gurugram Man Laid Off By Amazon India After 5-Year Stint: ''First I Lost My Father...''

Companies across the globe have been trimming their workforce amid concerns about an economic slowdown. The job cuts have also started at e-commerce company Amazon which has already laid off several employees across the globe including India. The company plans to lay off around 1,000 employees in India as part of its biggest retrenchment exercise. As affected employees have been receiving the dreaded e-mails, they have been sharing their experiences on social media.

Impacted by the job cut, a software engineer who had worked for Amazon for five years, was laid off on January 11. The employee who was a senior development engineer at Amazon took to LinkedIn to share his experience working for the company and asked people to help him find new opportunities. Sadly, he lost his job only months after he lost his father.
"Year 2022 has been the most challenging year of my life. First I lost my father, after he struggled 2 to 3 months in ICU, due to which I was off from work for almost 4 months. Now on Jan 11, I am impacted by the recent layoffs done by Amazon," the employee wrote in the LinkedIn post, narrating his ordeal.
However, he also wrote that the 5-year stint at Amazon had been the most wonderful time of his job life. ''I have enjoyed every bit of it working with some of the smartest folks in the industry, and learnt great lessons of corporate life. I got the opportunity to work on large-scale, customer-facing, complex and innovative design problems. I am thankful of everyone who supported me during this time,'' he added.
He also tried to motivate others who were going through the same situation and urged them to stay positive. He also requested people connect him with potential opportunities.
''For the folks who are in the same boat, while this is tough time, stay positive, stay motivated. These small interruptions in life won't stop from moving forward, fight back and come back stronger. I need a little help from you, please spread the word around so that I get the right opportunity,'' the post read further.
Amazon has 1 lakh employees in India and the decision will impact 1 per cent of staff in the country. The impacted employees will be given severance pay, health benefits, and other necessary support. The company cited an "uncertain economy" and the fact that the online retail giant had "hired rapidly" during the pandemic, as reasons behind the mass lay-offs.
CEO Andy Jassy said the company's leadership was "deeply aware that these role eliminations are difficult for people, and we don't take these decisions lightly.'' "We are working to support those who are affected and are providing packages that include a separation payment, transitional health insurance benefits, and external job placement support," he said.

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gurugram Man Laid Off By Amazon India After 5-Year Stint: ''First I Lost My Father...''​

Impacted by the job cut, a software engineer who had worked for Amazon for five years, was laid off on January 11.​

Gurugram Man Laid Off By Amazon India After 5-Year Stint: ''First I Lost My Father...''''First I Lost My Father...''

Companies across the globe have been trimming their workforce amid concerns about an economic slowdown. The job cuts have also started at e-commerce company Amazon which has already laid off several employees across the globe including India. The company plans to lay off around 1,000 employees in India as part of its biggest retrenchment exercise. As affected employees have been receiving the dreaded e-mails, they have been sharing their experiences on social media.

Impacted by the job cut, a software engineer who had worked for Amazon for five years, was laid off on January 11. The employee who was a senior development engineer at Amazon took to LinkedIn to share his experience working for the company and asked people to help him find new opportunities. Sadly, he lost his job only months after he lost his father.
"Year 2022 has been the most challenging year of my life. First I lost my father, after he struggled 2 to 3 months in ICU, due to which I was off from work for almost 4 months. Now on Jan 11, I am impacted by the recent layoffs done by Amazon," the employee wrote in the LinkedIn post, narrating his ordeal.
However, he also wrote that the 5-year stint at Amazon had been the most wonderful time of his job life. ''I have enjoyed every bit of it working with some of the smartest folks in the industry, and learnt great lessons of corporate life. I got the opportunity to work on large-scale, customer-facing, complex and innovative design problems. I am thankful of everyone who supported me during this time,'' he added.
He also tried to motivate others who were going through the same situation and urged them to stay positive. He also requested people connect him with potential opportunities.
''For the folks who are in the same boat, while this is tough time, stay positive, stay motivated. These small interruptions in life won't stop from moving forward, fight back and come back stronger. I need a little help from you, please spread the word around so that I get the right opportunity,'' the post read further.
Amazon has 1 lakh employees in India and the decision will impact 1 per cent of staff in the country. The impacted employees will be given severance pay, health benefits, and other necessary support. The company cited an "uncertain economy" and the fact that the online retail giant had "hired rapidly" during the pandemic, as reasons behind the mass lay-offs.
CEO Andy Jassy said the company's leadership was "deeply aware that these role eliminations are difficult for people, and we don't take these decisions lightly.'' "We are working to support those who are affected and are providing packages that include a separation payment, transitional health insurance benefits, and external job placement support," he said.

KNN…. Topical Kak Leng Kia mind set…. Blame anything and anyone where thing turn south, the father in ICU for months is due to illness or old age got nothing to do with the company….

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN…. Topical Kak Leng Kia mind set…. Blame anything and anyone where thing turn south, the father in ICU for months is due to illness or old age got nothing to do with the company….
Likely to be a Geng King, today father sick, tomorrow mama Cheebye got yeast, next day village cow die from floods, next is wifey run away with another man, unable to work need MC, compassionate leaves etc etc