• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Patient’s belongings stolen from ward

S

San Zang

Wednesday November 17, 2010

Patient’s belongings stolen from ward

JOHOR BARU: It was a double blow for a 53-year-old consultant, who was warded at a private hospital here for suspected dengue and then lost his belongings to a thief. F.M. Magentharan was admitted to the hospital at about 10am on Sunday and was given medication, which made him sleepy.

When he woke up some few hours later, he found his bag containing his house keys, mobile phones, bank cards and more than RM900 missing. “I asked another patient about it and was informed that a man who wore a cap, had come in and taken my bag,” Magentharan said. He reported the matter to the hospital’s management and security. A closed-circuit TV footage showed a man taking away his bag.

“The patient in the bed next to mine identified the culprit. “He (the patient) thought the man was my relative,” Magentharan said, adding he was unhappy that such a thing could occur at the hospital. He has lodged a police report. The hospital has also made a police report. The hospital’s chief executive officer said they regretted the incident.

“We have made a police report and handed over the CCTV footage of the incident to the police. “We have 24-hour security but in light of what happened, we will place plainclothes security guards on the premises as a long-term solution,” he said. He added that the hospital was planning to issue access door cards for visitors to prevent similar incidents from recurring.

Regarding compensation for Magentharan, who is still warded, he said: “We will consider a discount for his medical bill if he does not have insurance coverage.” Johor Baru (South) OCPD Asst Comm Zainuddin Yaakob said police were investigating the matter. Those with information can call the police hotline at 07-2212999 or contact the nearest police station.