• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Women's Wing celebrates 20th anniversary with bash at St James

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
SICK PEOPLE!!

http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,207002,00.html?

A political party at St James
PAP Women's Wing celebrates 20th anniversary with bash
By Hedy Khoo

July 06, 2009

NP_IMAGES_HKPAP_8.jpg

WOMEN IN WHITE: Miss Chloe Khoo (right) and Mrs Serene Wong of the PAP Women's Wing, decked out for a catwalk during the party.

IT IS your 20th and you're having a party at a hip club.

How stressful can it be?

The Women's Wing of the People's Action Party (PAP) decided on the theme of 'hot white' with 'red hot accessories for women'.

But having fun isn't always painless.

'I had a lot of e-mails from the male PAP members about the dress code,' recalled MsIndranee Rajah, the organising chairman, with a chuckle. She's also a Member of Parliament for Tanjong Pagar GRC.

The dress code was her brainchild.

'I replied saying they have to look hot in their white and white, but more than they usually do, of course!' she said, laughing.

Their reaction?

'They all seemed very pained, but to their credit, they were all very sporting and turned up looking hot in white,' she said.

But why the addition of 'hot' to the standard white?

'We wanted to move away from the perceived conservative image for ladies and show that we know when to be serious, and when to have fun,' she explained.

'We wanted the party to be something happening, not the usual sit-down dinner at a hotel. This venue could accommodate our 1,000 guests and naturally, we wanted the dress code to match the venue.'

But she pointed out that while giving the colour for the dress code, she had deliberately left it generic and open to interpretation.

NP_IMAGES_HKPAP-GNS.jpg

SMILES ALL AROUND: (From left) Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean sharing a laugh with Ms Indranee Rajah , Ms Lim Hwee Hua, Mrs Josephine Teo and Ms Diana Pang

Anyhow interpret? That can be stressful.

Take Ms Diana Pang, a party member and party goer yesterday.

With less than four hours to the event, MsPang, an organising committee member, had to sprint through the shops at VivoCity to buy a white dress in 15 minutes.

Three days earlier, she had picked out the perfect outfit to suit the dress code but then, horrors.

Yesterday morning, she packed it in a bag, intending to change into it later, as she had to be at the venue from 10am to oversee the final preparations for the party.

To her dismay, at 1pm when Ms Pang wanted to change into her outfit, she realised she had left her bag at home. She may have been red-faced but there was no white dress.

'I panicked because I had been reminding everyone about the dress code and I was wearing a T-shirt and jeans with no dress to wear,' said Ms Pang.

She quickly ran across to VivoCity in the hope of finding something suitable.

NP_IMAGES_HKPAP-TAX.jpg

ROSE AMONG THE THORNS: MP Jessica Tan (centre) with MPs (from left) Lim Wee Kiak, Baey Yam Keng, Abdullah Tarmugi and Michael Palmer. --TNP PICTURES: KUA CHEE SIONG

'It was a nightmare. I went to three shops and none of them sold all-white dresses without prints,' she said.

But she breathed a huge sigh of relief when she found one at the fourth store.

'I was very lucky and even more so because the dress was on sale,' she said with a laugh.

She wasn't the only one who took 'white' so seriously.

'White hot'

Mrs Josephine Chew, secretary of the executive committee of the Women's Wing said of theme:

'When coal is at the highest burning point, it is white, hot. That for me, symbolises our passion and commitment.

'It is good that we have a party like this because it shows that the PAP is not inflexible, unchanging and rigid. We are open to new ideas.

'The dress code allows individual women to express themselves according to their own interpretation, but at the same time there is a cohesion as we are all in white.'

So serious. Ask about party theme and get party manifesto.

NP_IMAGES_HKPAP-9K5.jpg

Maybe the younger ones know it's okay to not talk shop.

A new member of the Women's Wing, undergraduate Chloe Khoo, 22, gushed:

'The fact that they chose this venue shows that they are helping the younger generation and new blood feel integrated and welcome.'

Then she added: 'When the female politicians dress fashionably like today, it catches the younger crowd's attention. It shows us that we can have principles, yet be hip at the same time.'

Maybe the men are different.

Of the party theme, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean said: 'We think that white is plain, but it can also be exciting and creative.

'The dress code for this party reflects that we can maintain our key values while moving with the times.'

Just goes to show. Parties for this party mean fun taken seriously.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the middle of our worst recession ever, they celebrate with BIG BASH.

These are our Most Brilliant people in S'pore? No fucking EQ!

Very Sick! How do you think the poor and un-unemployed in s'pore will feel?

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_399322.html

PM Lee honours women
He also pays tribute to 3 founders of the wing at celebrations to mark its 20th anniversary
By Kor Kian Beng

PEOPLE'S Action Party (PAP) Women's Wing veterans, like Mrs Angie Neo, who have worked for years behind the scenes yesterday received a big thank you from the party's chief, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

He was speaking to some 1,000 guests at a bash to mark the 20th anniversary of the women's wing at St James Power Station.

Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean, Speaker of Parliament Abdullah Tarmugi and around 25 MPs joined in the celebrations.

Mrs Neo, 50, joined 15 years ago and had started out preparing refreshments and cleaning up after Meet-the-People sessions.

Today, she chairs the women's wing branch in the Tampines Changkat ward, mentors younger activists and helps MP Irene Ng with front-line work at Meet-the-People sessions.

Mr Lee highlighted the contributions of women activists like her.

'They work very hard in the background, gathering feedback, manning MPS, organising events, making sure everything works right. These are the unsung heroines that help the party to hold the ground and the party says a big thank you to all of them,' he said.

Mr Lee also paid tribute to three retired MPs, who launched the women's wing in July 1989 to draw more women into politics and identify potential leaders.

The trio were women's wing founding chairman and former senior minister of state Aline Wong, former acting minister for community development Seet Ai Mee and Dr Dixie Tan.

Dr Tan could not attend the event as she was in London for her daughter's graduation.

Mr Lee also took stock of the progress of the women's wing in the last two decades, chief among which was an increase in the number of women MPs from four in 1989 to 17 today.

Read the full story in The Sunday Times.

saf_ranger

Alfrescian
Loyal
SICK PEOPLE!!

http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,207002,00.html?

A political party at St James
PAP Women's Wing celebrates 20th anniversary with bash
By Hedy Khoo

July 06, 2009

NP_IMAGES_HKPAP_8.jpg

WOMEN IN WHITE: Miss Chloe Khoo (right) and Mrs Serene Wong of the PAP Women's Wing, decked out for a catwalk during the party.

IT IS your 20th and you're having a party at a hip club.

How stressful can it be?

The Women's Wing of the People's Action Party (PAP) decided on the theme of 'hot white' with 'red hot accessories for women'.

But having fun isn't always painless.

'I had a lot of e-mails from the male PAP members about the dress code,' recalled MsIndranee Rajah, the organising chairman, with a chuckle. She's also a Member of Parliament for Tanjong Pagar GRC.

The dress code was her brainchild.

'I replied saying they have to look hot in their white and white, but more than they usually do, of course!' she said, laughing.

Their reaction?

'They all seemed very pained, but to their credit, they were all very sporting and turned up looking hot in white,' she said.

But why the addition of 'hot' to the standard white?

'We wanted to move away from the perceived conservative image for ladies and show that we know when to be serious, and when to have fun,' she explained.

'We wanted the party to be something happening, not the usual sit-down dinner at a hotel. This venue could accommodate our 1,000 guests and naturally, we wanted the dress code to match the venue.'

But she pointed out that while giving the colour for the dress code, she had deliberately left it generic and open to interpretation.

NP_IMAGES_HKPAP-GNS.jpg

SMILES ALL AROUND: (From left) Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean sharing a laugh with Ms Indranee Rajah , Ms Lim Hwee Hua, Mrs Josephine Teo and Ms Diana Pang

Anyhow interpret? That can be stressful.

Take Ms Diana Pang, a party member and party goer yesterday.

With less than four hours to the event, MsPang, an organising committee member, had to sprint through the shops at VivoCity to buy a white dress in 15 minutes.

Three days earlier, she had picked out the perfect outfit to suit the dress code but then, horrors.

Yesterday morning, she packed it in a bag, intending to change into it later, as she had to be at the venue from 10am to oversee the final preparations for the party.

To her dismay, at 1pm when Ms Pang wanted to change into her outfit, she realised she had left her bag at home. She may have been red-faced but there was no white dress.

'I panicked because I had been reminding everyone about the dress code and I was wearing a T-shirt and jeans with no dress to wear,' said Ms Pang.

She quickly ran across to VivoCity in the hope of finding something suitable.

NP_IMAGES_HKPAP-TAX.jpg

ROSE AMONG THE THORNS: MP Jessica Tan (centre) with MPs (from left) Lim Wee Kiak, Baey Yam Keng, Abdullah Tarmugi and Michael Palmer. --TNP PICTURES: KUA CHEE SIONG

'It was a nightmare. I went to three shops and none of them sold all-white dresses without prints,' she said.

But she breathed a huge sigh of relief when she found one at the fourth store.

'I was very lucky and even more so because the dress was on sale,' she said with a laugh.

She wasn't the only one who took 'white' so seriously.

'White hot'

Mrs Josephine Chew, secretary of the executive committee of the Women's Wing said of theme:

'When coal is at the highest burning point, it is white, hot. That for me, symbolises our passion and commitment.

'It is good that we have a party like this because it shows that the PAP is not inflexible, unchanging and rigid. We are open to new ideas.

'The dress code allows individual women to express themselves according to their own interpretation, but at the same time there is a cohesion as we are all in white.'

So serious. Ask about party theme and get party manifesto.

NP_IMAGES_HKPAP-9K5.jpg

Maybe the younger ones know it's okay to not talk shop.

A new member of the Women's Wing, undergraduate Chloe Khoo, 22, gushed:

'The fact that they chose this venue shows that they are helping the younger generation and new blood feel integrated and welcome.'

Then she added: 'When the female politicians dress fashionably like today, it catches the younger crowd's attention. It shows us that we can have principles, yet be hip at the same time.'

Maybe the men are different.

Of the party theme, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean said: 'We think that white is plain, but it can also be exciting and creative.

'The dress code for this party reflects that we can maintain our key values while moving with the times.'

Just goes to show. Parties for this party mean fun taken seriously.

i thought st jame dont weclome locals.howcome they can party there...