• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP team at AMK GRC. The big talk in towns.

Man in the streets

Alfrescian
Loyal
Streets talk in AMK GRC hovers around the son of punggol and the china- tour- guide saga is deafening.

Will AMK GRC voters vote for Punggol east rejects ? Many are saying coming to AMK GRC is one way ticket to the parliament, so what are AMK GRC voters worth ? Ganung Guni voters?

And then, rumors about one of the AMK GRC candidates assisting the tour guide to get PR. Many say the anchor MP even took foto with the tour guide, is this true?

Moreover, can a PR be RC or CCC member under the PA ?

There are too many questions to ask for answers. Those oppo party members who contest AMK GRC should on the sideline, bring all these issues up for AMK GRC voters to vet.

Don't waste the votes, finding out the truth and inform the AMK GRC voters will see a big difference. Time is good, hit the rod when is hot.

PoliticalDialogue

Alfrescian
Loyal
Essentially, virtually everyone has forgotten about the tour guide.

This is how short memories are.

And for the few people who do remember it, it would be considered ancient history and unimportant.
Largely, people vote on the basis of how their lives are impacted. Other than a small proportion of people who have an axe to grind with the government, most people do not really care if others are enriching themselves as long as their lives are not adversely affected and they are fairly contented.

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha! If Koh Poh Koon is a Punggol East reject, then Gerald Giam is a East Coast reject, Yee Jenn Jong is a Joo Jiat reject, etc etc - there are far too many rejects in the opposition camp!

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good piece.

Oppo rejects contest the same wards they contested before, they never give up. This is the gist.

Whereas, PAP rejects join their shoo-in GRCs to get a one way ticket to the parliament.

Ah Koon and other PAP rejects should fight MP Lian and others at the same wards they lost once more to show PAP spirit and not hide where PAP votes percentage is higher.

This is the essence of this thread---fight the same cul-de-sac where you lose.

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha! Oppo run like hell after they lost. Png Eng Huat another East Coast reject, cabut to Hougang, Yaw Shin Leong - Ang Mo Kio reject but now also WP reject, he he

PAP different, they stay to serve the residents. Sitoh Yih Pin stayed and loyal to Potong Pasir, Andy Gan, Eric Low all stayed for the people.

If oppo stay and never give up, why do they need to wait for PAP to announce their candidates line up before they announce theirs? He he

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
11221721_751437754968225_7054339249609529840_n.jpg

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
This loveleongsam such a shameless dickhead member posting at other member thread !

Don't you know how to create a new thread ? LOL

What a retarded moron for hijacking member thread ! :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Billions are lost by Ho Jinx ...loveleongsam worries about the pennies. PAP is definitely a party of idiots, supported by idiots.

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
As far as Singaporeans know, personal issues aside, ex-MP Yaw and MP Png contested gentlemanly in single ward against PAP candidates, and they won.
Though they might have failed in GRCs, they did not hide elsewhere , they know unlike AH Koon has a one way ticket to parliament, they risk to contest one by one outside comfort zone.

We know it is difficult to face the truth not to mention convincing PAP supporters the hard truth. But we wish Ah Koon well if he manages to get a cosy nook near the fire.

perhaps one day, who knows, people will wake up and learn what is the real world out there, what is living a life with happiness, and what is life lead by the nose. It takes a man to travel half round the world to understand. We are wasting resources not seeing what is going on and yet niggling over pennies, unless there is a personal axe to grind. We are not going anywhere without growing up..... we have better things to do .

liongsum

Alfrescian
Loyal

All the talk about governance is to prevent criminal acts. Prevent. Government cannot depend on integrity alone, although Khaw alluded that in the early days, Town Council Act contain laxities which the Companies Act is not so forgiving. Therefore integrity is expected. And he feels that his colleagues all make the mark having forgotten about Mr Phey.

In the present situation, we can fault the WP for lack of governance, but ...
So long as no charges are brought against them, I consider them having a level of integrity higher than some ...
Because they had the opportunity to enrich themselves but they did not.

My nick compels me to make this comment since you brought it up.

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the talk about governance is to prevent criminal acts. Prevent. Government cannot depend on integrity alone, although Khaw alluded that in the early days, Town Council Act contain laxities which the Companies Act is not so forgiving. Therefore integrity is expected. And he feels that his colleagues all make the mark having forgotten about Mr Phey.

In the present situation, we can fault the WP for lack of governance, but ...
So long as no charges are brought against them, I consider them having a level of integrity higher than some ...
Because they had the opportunity to enrich themselves but they did not.

My nick compels me to make this comment since you brought it up.

No charges has been brought because the Town Council Act does not have the provision to enforce charges. But as the government has indicated, the Town Council Act and other legislation will be amended to cover this loophole.

For years, the government did not have the problem of opposition parties milking money from the town councils. The SDP and SPP have been largely honest in the management of their town councils until now.

You can bet that each of those Workers Party's MP received some form of kickback from How Weng Fan, FMSS and FMSI. Do you think the Workers Party's MP are so generous in awarding $27 million dollars and more, of contracts to How Weng Fan for nothing in return?

liongsum

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not a WP apologist, but I do have guesses that you might not like to read.
Suffice to say, it mainly relates to what the PAP did not do.
What they intend is to tighten the Act. If Shanmugam has his way, I think it will be changed to something like the Companies Act.

Let's consider a larger issue. I'm incline to consider the residents as collateral damage in the scheme of politicians. The PM should know that it is no small issue to migrate a system. For sure the residents will suffer. I suspect that the residents also could guess. Yet Aljunied chose this in 2011. I read somewhere that the accounting system costing $24,000,000.00 was sold to AIM for a small fraction of this amount. For the sake of the people, the law must include provisions to leave an intact system when there is a migration, be it a Town Council or the whole Government. This is not about helping the opposition.

I have the greatest regard for the PM. I hope he can see some merit in this. For the sake of the people.