• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP Singapore Buys 26.3 Tonnes of Gold In May June 2021!! Sinkies No Need Worry! Our Money More Than Enough! Majulah PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1638188506454.png
P

(Bloomberg) — Singapore increased its gold reserves by about 20% earlier this year in a largely under-the-radar move that saw holdings expand for the first time in decades.

The purchases, which totalled about 26.3 tons, took place over May and June, according to data from the Monetary Authority of Singapore’s International Reserves and Foreign Currency Liquidity reports. The move came to wider prominence when it was picked up in the International Monetary Fund’s monthly update, which shows it was the first increase in figures dating back to 2000.

MAS didn’t disclose how much it paid for the bullion, but at today’s price that would be about US$1.5 billion. The authority didn’t immediately respond to an email seeking comment.

The central bank may have preferred to not draw attention to the amount of gold in its international reserves as this might encourage foreign-exchange markets to view the purchase as a move that strengthens the city-state’s reserve position and potentially put upward pressure on it’s exchange rate, according to a blog post by Ronan Manly, a precious metals analyst at Singapore dealer BullionStar.

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/s...-for-the-first-time-in-decades-103112729.html

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Financial crisis coming in 2022 ...​

金融危机真要来了,全球富豪都在悄悄做这些...疫情后疯狂印钱的代价,要还了。可普通人如何在经济不景气的动荡中自保,还能赚到钱?​

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's an insurance policy in case your Sinkie dollars become banana notes overnight. :cool:

Could have more money to buy gold if it wasn't squandered on Tiong shit such as Luckin Coffee.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 128011P

(Bloomberg) — Singapore increased its gold reserves by about 20% earlier this year in a largely under-the-radar move that saw holdings expand for the first time in decades.

The purchases, which totalled about 26.3 tons, took place over May and June, according to data from the Monetary Authority of Singapore’s International Reserves and Foreign Currency Liquidity reports. The move came to wider prominence when it was picked up in the International Monetary Fund’s monthly update, which shows it was the first increase in figures dating back to 2000.

MAS didn’t disclose how much it paid for the bullion, but at today’s price that would be about US$1.5 billion. The authority didn’t immediately respond to an email seeking comment.

The central bank may have preferred to not draw attention to the amount of gold in its international reserves as this might encourage foreign-exchange markets to view the purchase as a move that strengthens the city-state’s reserve position and potentially put upward pressure on it’s exchange rate, according to a blog post by Ronan Manly, a precious metals analyst at Singapore dealer BullionStar.

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/s...-for-the-first-time-in-decades-103112729.html
About 30 kg of the 26.3 tonnes belongs to my uncle.

https://www.calculateme.com/precious-metals/gold/weight/30-kilograms

Last edited:

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
May June timeframe is when gold hits 1900+, MAS losing big time but why am I not surprise. Singapore seems to always big high and sell low. Amateurs... I bought gold when it dip below 1700 and sold at 1900; about the time Singapore started picking it up.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May June timeframe is when gold hits 1900+, MAS losing big time but why am I not surprise. Singapore seems to always big high and sell low. Amateurs... I bought gold when it dip below 1700 and sold at 1900; about the time Singapore started picking it up.

Lose money no need to cry, Sinkies can be squeezed dry, buy low sell high, one more time can try.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Gold prices will continue to climb. I've bought some gold bars and kept them safely in my safe at home. I've also put some in my DBS safe deposit box too.

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid move. Too little too late. I was telling those cucks here on this forum since last june. Where is our 100tonnes of gold that Goh Keng Swee bought. I predict gold will drop to about 1400 to 1500 per ounce. Fucking buy high sell low. Your CPF is fucked.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Stupid move. Too little too late. I was telling those cucks here on this forum since last june. Where is our 100tonnes of gold that Goh Keng Swee bought. I predict gold will drop to about 1400 to 1500 per ounce. Fucking buy high sell low. Your CPF is fucked.

Goh Keng Swee was a true blue PAP cadre. Thanks to PAP cadres like him, our reserves grew exponentially over the years. PAP is wise to hoard gold.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
you malaysians wouldn't know that pinky and his jinggang sold all our 100 tons of gold at the bottom at 200 an ounce. and put all into standard chartered Bank shares.

thats serious? when was that?
just checked mas site, we now have 154 tons, which is still too little considering our reserves

this 26 tons (2b worth) is chicken feed considering our reserves is in hundreds of billions,
if the 100 tons was sold, we are in deeper shit than i thought

Last edited:

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats serious? when was that?
just checked mas site, we now have 154 tons, which is still too little considering our reserves

this 26 tons (2b worth) is chicken feed considering our reserves is in hundreds of billions,
if the 100 tons was sold, we are in deeper shit than i thought
paper swaps and derivatives, not physical gold.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you malaysians wouldn't know that pinky and his jinggang sold all our 100 tons of gold at the bottom at 200 an ounce. and put all into standard chartered Bank shares.

People buy and sell gold all the time, be it at $200 an ounce, or $1000 an ounce. Singapore is still very very rich today. PAP has more hits than misses when it comes to investing.