• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Omg using Philips’ Cpap machine for sleep apnea also can cause cancer and death

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_6483.jpeg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to a safety communication last updated in June 2023, the FDA had received more than 105,000 medical device reports, including 385 deaths linked to degraded PE-PUR foam. The reports, received between April 2021 and March 31, 2023, include cancer, pneumonia, dizziness, asthma, headache, infection, cough, difficulty breathing and chest pain.

Philips attributed some foam degradation to the use of CPAP cleaning machines using ozone. Manufacturer SoClean Inc. sued Philips and filed an amended complaint referencing the FDA’s report in December 2021. The complaint claims Philips knew the foam could cause “serious risk of harm” for years, but instead of warning the public, it focused blame on SoClean.

Lawsuit Documents Show Philips Knew About CPAP Risks​

In June 2022, unsealed court documents revealed that Philips knew about problems with its foam for at least three years before the recall. Philips claimed off-gassing chemicals from its PE-PUR foam wouldn’t cause health problems unless exposed to ozone cleaners, which made the foam 14 times more likely to degrade.
“The FDA’s investigation further reveals the company’s own internal testing showed the degradation products of PE-PUR foam are toxic and potentially carcinogenic. The company chose to keep using the PE-PUR foam anyway and did not alert the public to the risk of harm.”
Brendan McDonoughATTORNEY WITH WEITZ & LUXENBERG
The FDA issued another recall — a Class I Recall — for the reprogrammed replacement devices because of safety issues with the settings. The FDA also released a statement in April 2023 addressing the number of replacement Philips CPAP devices from the most recent replacement recall. The FDA stated that the number of replacement devices sent to customers was far below the almost 2.5 million Philips had claimed.

https://www.drugwatch.com/philips-c...d Philips,pressure, cough and sinus infection.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Use RESmed instead of the Philips cpap.
Alternatively lose weight or medication to reduce the compounding effects of apnea.

A close relative has weaned off cpap and doing so much better.

Otoh, a good friend died while driving because of refusal to use cpap.
Resmed should be more expensive than Philips one. Can’t recall exact brand name but that should be the one I got free trial in mudland but no buy. Do you know lucky Malaysians can get cpac machine free under their great Rm1 health care? That’s what the sales representative told me. Stupid sinkies keep thinking how poor thing it’s to be born in mudland should wise up.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Resmed should be more expensive than Philips one. Can’t recall exact brand name but that should be the one I got free trial in mudland but no buy. Do you know lucky Malaysians can get cpac machine free under their great Rm1 health care? That’s what the sales representative told me. Stupid sinkies keep thinking how poor thing it’s to be born in mudland should wise up.
Thank goodness I no buy cpac machine, would have bought the cheaper Philips one and end up with more shit.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Or maybe it’s only for the poorer Malaysians but in spore you can forget it to get it free even if poor.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Or maybe it’s only for the poorer Malaysians but in spore you can forget it to get it free even if poor.
And health insurance also can’t claim a cent for cpac machine. Not like USA. In other words, spore health care is shit compared to BOTH USA or mudland.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see mudland very up and think my life would be a breeze if I am born in mudland. Come to spore as ASEAN scholar then buy hdb flat under SPR sibling scheme and retire in mudland cheap cheap reap the benefits of sgd and cry poor thing!