• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat No money to pay for damages, ask Netizens for help to sponsor him talking cock!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Marathoner Soh Rui Yong crowdfunds S$180,000, says, “Help Me Win This Case”​

"Despite my position that we will be lodging an appeal, Ashley’s lawyers have demanded for the $180,000 to be paid immediately. They are also seeking $100,000 in legal costs for their work done."
Singapore marathoner Soh Rui Yong

AUTHOR
Obbana Rajah
DATE
September 30, 2021

Singapore ― Soh Rui Yong, a local marathoner, was ordered to pay former teammate Ashley Liew S$180,000 in damages for defamation and is now turning to crowdfunding to settle the bill.

On Thursday (Sept 23), the District Court told Soh to pay the sum of S$120,000 in general damages and S$60,000 in aggravated damages towards Liew for the defamation suit, which began two years ago in June 2019.

In a blog post on Wednesday (Sept 29), Soh wrote: “Friends and supporters, I ask you for a favour.
You know me as an athlete, you know me as a friend, you know me as a person. You know that I stand for what’s right, I speak out against lies, and I fight against bullies. Facing greater odds has never intimidated me, be in the competition arena against traditional powerhouses at the SEA Games, or dealing with the bullies and bureaucrats ruining our local sports ecosystem back home.

He added: “Despite my position that we will be lodging an appeal, Ashley’s lawyers have demanded for the $180,000 to be paid immediately. They are also seeking $100,000 in legal costs for their work done”.

“I’ll be honest and say that I don’t have the money on hand. I need your help”, Soh wrote, asking for help to fund his legal fees.

What Initially Happened
During a race at the 2015 SEA Games, it was reported that Liew, Soh’s teammate then, had slowed down to let other runners catch up before continuing his run. The other runners had allegedly missed a turn during the race and Liew did so to even the playing field.

Liew was then awarded the Pierre de Coubertin World Fair Play Trophy by the International Fair Play Committee (CIFP) for his gesture. Soh claimed that Liew’s slowing down during the marathon was “simply not true.”

The defamation suit included four other statements made by Soh on two blog posts, two Facebook posts and one Facebook comment.
In court, the former colleagues presented four witnesses each.

Before the verdict was announced, Soh took to Facebook to reiterate his unchanging stance on the dispute.
“To this day, I stand by what I said – because it is what I witnessed that day, and I would never testify to anything else. I have absolutely no reason to lie,” wrote Soh.
“Ashley Liew’s reported act of ‘slowing to a crawl’ to wait for his competitors who missed the U-turn did not happen,” he added.

“My account was publicly backed by a number of witnesses in the media, including Filipino marathoner Rafael Poliquit Jr who was in the same race.”
After the verdict was given, Soh took to his blog to note that he and his legal team found several mistakes in the judgement.

Soh highlighted that Liew changed his story from what he said on live television and in court and that there was an error regarding the time it took for the pack to catch up to Liew.

His team plans to appeal against the verdict, said Soh in the post, which has since been taken down. /TISG
Follow us on Social Media

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all he must join an opposition political party.....stand for election, lose and then he can gain sympathy from the public.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all he must join an opposition political party.....stand for election, lose and then he can gain sympathy from the public.
More importantly, his opponents must be from the MIW. People respond to crowdfund because they damn tulan with the ruling party. :roflmao:

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
This retard is a sour grape...much of a sore loser. He so full of himself and this is not the first rukus he have wif others...i would even give a dollar to him...what a moron he is.