• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nizar, Others Ordered Out of Parliament Over Black Headbands

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
By Wong Choon Mei (Suara Keadilan)

In a stark warning to Prime Minister Najib Razak that he won’t be allowed to sweep the unpopular coup d’etat in Perak under the carpet, Pakatan Rakyat lawmakers led by Menteri Besar Nizar Jamaluddin put up a show of protest to assure Perakians that the battle for their democratic rights will not be forgotten but will rage on.

Hatched by Najib, the power grab has left the northwestern state in political and economic turmoil since February.

On the Monday, at the start of a new two-week sitting, five Pakatan MPs, including Nizar, put on black headbands bearing the words ‘Bubar DUN‘ or Dissolve the State Assembly.

“In my oath I said that I will defend the constitution therefore I asked for permission from the Speaker to inform the members on the constitution which has been sidelined in Perak,” said Nizar, who donned the headband after being sworn in as the Bukit Gantang MP.

However, in a bid to save Najib embrarrassment, they were immediately ordered out of the House by Speaker Pandikar Amin Mulia.

“Bubar DUN is continuously haunting the BN. They cannot escape. Everywhere they go in the country, accusing fingers point at them and deservedly so,” said Tian Chua, PKR strategic affairs director.

“The usurpers are now afraid to face Nizar. His bravery has made him an icon against oppression - a lionhearted warrior against the dark and corrupt Umno-BN regime.”

Standing up for Perak

Indeed, inspired by the 52-year former engineer, spectators who came to watch Parliament proceedings also began donning similar gear to signify solidarity with the Perak people.

What began as a messy tussle for power has since deteriorated into a full-blown national issue and a source of discontent against Najib, who is nearing his third month in office with nothing to show despite spending millions on a massive publicity campaign.

A recent visit to China hardly drew any interest at home, while a tour by Singapore Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew was eyed with suspicion and boomeranged back politically.

Already, there is criticism that Najib is merely trying to curry favour with the ‘big boys’ in a bid to pad up his resume at home - again through cosmetic means unsupported by real result.

By contrast, Nizar’s star has gained since the crisis, impressing Malaysians with his sincerity and all-out efforts to reclaim justice for the people of his state.

Putting on the headband after being sworn in as the Bukt Gantang MP, Nizar raised his left arm and shouted “Hidup rakyat, bubar dewan!” as Pandikar Amin scrambled to throw him and his colleagues out of the hall.

“Please remove the cloths. That is not part of our uniform,” ordered Pandikar, in a bid to save Najib embarrassment.

The other four Pakatan MPs were Nga Kor Ming (DAP-Taiping), Ngeh Khoo Ham (DAP-Beruas), N Gobalakrishnan (PKR-Padang Serai) and Mahfuz Omar (PAS-Pokok Sena).

Although Mahfuz pointed out that former Speaker, the late Zahir Ismail, had allowed anti-Internal Security Act armbands to be worn during the 10th Parliament session, Pandikar paid no heed.

A shouting match ensued as lawmakers from both sides of the divide joined the fray. BN backbenchers screamed back ‘keluar, keluar’ as Pakatan MPs shouted ‘bubar, bubar’. Order was restored after about half hour.

Najib, the most unpopular PM to hold power since independence from British rule in 1957, then stood up to answer a question on his much-criticised 1Malaysia concept posed by DAP adviser Lim Kit Siang.

Meanwhile, security officials outside the House forced all non-MPs to remove their ‘Bubar DUN’ headbands or similar gear signifying solidarity with the Perak folk.

http://mt.m2day.org/2008/content/view/23217/84/

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monday, 15 June 2009 14:10

(The Edge) KUALA LUMPUR: Newly sworn in Bukit Gantang parliamentarian Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin, along with seven other Pakatan Rakyat (PR) members of parliament were ejected from parliament today for refusing to remove headbands that called for the dissolution of the embattled Perak state legislative assembly.

The former menteri besar of Perak was ordered to leave by Dewan Rakyat Speaker Tan Sri Pandikar Amin Mulia after Nizar shouted "Hidup, hidup, hidup rakyat" and "Bubar, bubar, bubar DUN (dissolve the state legislative assembly)" moments after taking his oath at 10am.

Met later, Nizar said as Bukit Gantang MP, he "had to raise the issue" of the ongoing Perak political crisis.

Recounting the flurry of events that led to his expulsion, Nizar said he took his oath as MP and signed the declaration before seeking permission from the Speaker to "inform other MPs about the dissolution of the Perak assembly".

"I hardly sat in my seat for a few seconds and I was instructed to leave the house," Nizar told a press conference in parliament's lobby.

Among the parliamentarians evicted for refusing to remove headbands calling for the Perak assembly's dissolution were Datuk Ngeh Koo Ham (Beruas-DAP), Nga Kor Ming (Taiping-DAP), Datuk Mahfuz Omar (Pokok Sena-PAS), Khalid Samad (Shah Alam-PAS) and Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad (Kuala Selangor-PAS).

Following that, opposition parliamentarians Nurul Izzah Anwar (Pantai Dalam-PKR) and Lim Lip Eng (Segambut-DAP) walked out of the Dewan Rakyat in protest.

During the press conference, parliamentary officers ordered non-MPs, including Perak DAP secretary Chris See, to remove the headband or be ejected from parliament.

Shah Alam MP Khalid Samad then told off the officers: "Jangan main tarik-tarik (Don't simply pull people). This is not your house."

Nizar, who is Pasir Panjang assemblyman, questioned the appropriateness for parliament to convene when the Perak state assembly was "in trouble".

"The state legislative assembly and parliament must be in harmony. It is hypocritical as far as I'm concerned that parliament is in session but the state assembly is in trouble," Nizar said.

Meanwhile, Ngeh, a former senior Perak state executive council (exco) member, said parliament was the only place to "voice the people's voice for the restoration of democratic rights".

"I hope the prime minister will get the message clearly this morning that unless there is restoration of democratic rights to the people, there can be no proper government in Perak," Ngeh said.

PR has been persistently calling for the Perak assembly's dissolution and fresh elections to resolve the Perak political turmoil, which is now in its fifth month.