• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Asia republic translation of Zaobao: WP playing hard ball

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not a matter of there are other seats available, let's go take the other one!!!! That is a very wrong mentality to adopt!!!

Like I pointed out, no one really knows which party is really more popular in any particular GRC. We have opposition just going around the place and looking for empty slots to compete instead of looking for a place where they are popular and concentrating their strength on it. The whole problem is the stupid compromising with one another mentality

Who is truly more popular in e.g. in Moulmein-Kallang GRC? NSP? WP? No one will be able to give you a definite answer because they have never gone head to head in that GRC. Granted NSP had competed there previously as SDA, but like I pointed out previously their result wasn't anything to shout about. Maybe WP can do better.

I do not advocate going into a 3 corner fight for the sake of doing it but opposition parties who think they have a chance of winning in a particular ward should go ahead and contest there even if there is already another opposition party going in. The whole exercise is to eliminate the weakest, even if PAP wins and the opposition loses, it would be clear to all who is more popular in that ward by just looking at the better loser vote.

If Moulmein-Kallang becomes a 3 corner fight and WP turns out to be the bigger loser, then they should move on and leave this place alone. Same goes for NSP. Elimination of the weakest. They would then know that WP/NSP is the more popular party in that ward and more effort can be put into it to for future elections

Let's face it, we all know PAP is going to win this election again, the difference being by how big a margin. Instead of wasting time and resource doing the same thing going down the same road, they should make good use of this elections and find out where they are most likely to win and work for the future.

Stop looking at the present, start looking to the future and how to get there.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Char

So at the end of the day you are advocating a popularity contest for the sake of a popularity contest. So what are you losing for that popularity ? Yup a pandora's box of three cornered fights because some party believes it can do better.

The future is yes the PAP will win but the question is by how much. ON what basis I would ask my party is the WP deciding to well upend twenty years of no three cornered fight for ONE battle in Moulmein Kallang with NSP which has been there or contesting there for many years ?

The fact remains that three cornered fights draw in scarce resources. I would go say yes go and challenge M Kallang if u have won ALjunied gotten a HIGH result in AMK and Nee SOON east.

You have the right and talent under those circumstances to tell other parties to fuck off and let us in for we can do better.

The WP has no right at present. Under what justification ? Just because its now next door to Aljunied, Well why not AMK or Marine Parade , they also border Aljunied ? Because of decent hammer sales and because some new members think its a brilliant choice ? Well where is the strategy and thought behind this mad dog marking territory all over Singapore argument. ?

What right does the WP have at the moment to challenge other opposition parties in a popularity contest forgetting the PAP ? Low SL oh please, they HAVE YET to win a GRC

Locke

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Char

And how much more popular ? Do u believe that for one moment a 3 to 5% difference between the WP and the NSP means that the NSP should give up territory or a 3% to 5% difference between WP and any other opposition party gives the WP the right to errr piss in other peoples areas ?

What sort of resources do u have to give in order to achieve that 3% advantage ? And for that matter why should anyone listen to WP ? The fact remains you have to win a GRC first, No win no talk

Locke

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is few solution
1. Give and take(compromise)
2. Paper scissor stone game,
3. Toss coin( head/tail)
4. All register let the voter decide

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would strongly urge WP to proceed with its plans to field a team in Moulmein-Kallang. We need a clear-cut demonstration for everyone to see how the votes will divide. I am of the opinion that for every 4 votes that go to the opposition, WP will take 3 and NSP 1. When this happens then in the next election smaller and weaker parties will know where their place lies in the pecking order and will not try to over-reach themselves.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would strongly urge WP to proceed with its plans to field a team in Moulmein-Kallang. We need a clear-cut demonstration for everyone to see how the votes will divide. I am of the opinion that for every 4 votes that go to the opposition, WP will take 3 and NSP 1. When this happens then in the next election smaller and weaker parties will know where their place lies in the pecking order and will not try to over-reach themselves.

Yes precisely what I've been saying all this time

Dear Char

So at the end of the day you are advocating a popularity contest for the sake of a popularity contest. So what are you losing for that popularity ? Yup a pandora's box of three cornered fights because some party believes it can do better.

The future is yes the PAP will win but the question is by how much. ON what basis I would ask my party is the WP deciding to well upend twenty years of no three cornered fight for ONE battle in Moulmein Kallang with NSP which has been there or contesting there for many years ?

The fact remains that three cornered fights draw in scarce resources. I would go say yes go and challenge M Kallang if u have won ALjunied gotten a HIGH result in AMK and Nee SOON east.

You have the right and talent under those circumstances to tell other parties to fuck off and let us in for we can do better.

The WP has no right at present. Under what justification ? Just because its now next door to Aljunied, Well why not AMK or Marine Parade , they also border Aljunied ? Because of decent hammer sales and because some new members think its a brilliant choice ? Well where is the strategy and thought behind this mad dog marking territory all over Singapore argument. ?

What right does the WP have at the moment to challenge other opposition parties in a popularity contest forgetting the PAP ? Low SL oh please, they HAVE YET to win a GRC

Locke

I can understand why you are frustrated as you are part of the party you have your own opinion. However from where I am standing, what I see is that the opposition parties with its bantering and bargaining for spots on who should go where have loss sight of the most important players involved in any elections. THE VOTERS

Like Cestbon puts it
1. Give and take(compromise)
2. Paper scissor stone game,
3. Toss coin( head/tail)
4. All register let the voter decide

What you and all the opposition party is giving us is number 1. Have you ever ask how voters feels. I'm a voter I want to have a choice and not have U compromise.

You keep stating that MK GRC is NSP territory and they have been working on it for years. Really? The last party that contested there was SDA not NSP. Granted it was a team of NSP members running under SDA, to the voters it was still SDA. And with all the defections and bickering going on with the party are you certain they are going to still be able to send in the same team this time round. I highly doubt it.

You can worry about not pissing off the other opposition jokers or you can find out what the voters REALLY want. Are you certain that if this team which was suppose to be diverted to another GRC would be able to win that. If not then what, next election you play another round of musical chairs? The same freaking technique that have not worked for the past 50 years?

The only way for one to move forward is to get out of their comfort zone. I say it's time for a change