• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Name this group of political activists

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is an interesting group that fought a political cause and this was their make-up
- they hailed from the middle and upper class of society
- carried out protests
- stormed buildings
- smashed windows
- chained themselves to railings
- baton charged by the Police
- arson
- detonated bombs
- suicide to gain martyrdom
- hundreds jailed
- went on hunger strike and had to be forced fed.

I am sure this one will be tough to crack as this group though known by some for their cause but the tactics were less well known. And they achieved their goal.

Name the group and the clue is that this group did not include members of the opposite sex .

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is an interesting group that fought a political cause and this was their make-up
- they hailed from the middle and upper class of society
- carried out protests
- stormed buildings
- smashed windows
- chained themselves to railings
- baton charged by the Police
- arson
- detonated bombs
- suicide to gain martyrdom
- hundreds jailed
- went on hunger strike and had to be forced fed.

I am sure this one will be tough to crack as this group though known by some for their cause but the tactics were less well known. And they achieved their goal.

Name the group and the clue is that this group did not include members of the opposite sex .

Suffragettes ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done. Seriously I thought this was a tough one to crack.

Interestingly they would have been classified as a terrorists organisation now as they did they things worse than some of the more modern terrorist organisations. I was surprised to learn that they were firebombing places.

And finally they were given the power to vote which was the their political cause - women to be allowed the democratic right to vote.

Suffragettes ?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Miners fighting for their rights. Not many protestors detonate bombs nowadays except workers who used explosive to dig holes for precious commodity.