• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mustafa vs NTUC FairPrice – Who Saves You More on Food and Household Items?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]Mustafa vs NTUC FairPrice – Who Saves You More on Food and Household Items?[/h] <cite class="byline vcard">By Jeff Cuellar | MoneySmart – <abbr title="2014-07-07T16:00:00Z">Tue, Jul 8, 2014 12:00 AM SGT</abbr></cite>

<!-- START article --> [h=3]Related Content[/h]

• View PhotoMustafa vs NTUC FairPrice – Who Saves You More on Food and Household Items?

<!-- yog-5u -->
<meta content="2014-07-07T16:00:00Z" itemprop="datePublished"> <meta content="MoneySmart" itemprop="provider"> <meta content="Mustafa vs NTUC FairPrice – Who Saves You More on Food and Household Items?" itemprop="headline"> <meta content="Jeff Cuellar" itemprop="author"> <meta content="If I were to tell you that Mustafa isn’t the absolute cheapest place around, you’d probably tell me that I was full of crap right? I mean c’mon, nobody is cheaper than Mustafa! And to say otherwise to ..." itemprop="description"> <meta content="http://globalfinance.zenfs.com/en_SG/Finance/SG_AFTP_MoneySmart_NEW/259683936_aa9f8ef4a0_b.jpg" itemprop="image"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->If I were to tell you that Mustafa isn’t the absolute cheapest place around, you’d probably tell me that I was full of crap right?
I mean c’mon, nobody is cheaper than Mustafa! And to say otherwise to any member of Team Mustafa is like going into a bar full of Man United fans and saying some… rather unkind words about the club.
However, I was very curious about whether Mustafa really was cheaper than NTUC FairPrice. So I took a trip and compared items carried by both retailers just to see if the legend of Mustafa’s overwhelming cheapness is indeed true.
What I found out from my little trip was surprising!

[h=4]Item #1 Neutrogena Rainbath[/h] One of the better deals you’ll find at Mustafa
Mustafa Price: $10.90
NTUC FairPrice Price: $16.15
Savings: $5.25 – 32.5% Cheaper

[h=4]Item #2 Schick Hydro 5[/h]

Mustafa Price: $9.90
NTUC FairPrice Price: $8.90
Savings: NTUC FairPrice saves you $1.00 – 10.1% Cheaper

[h=4]Item #3 Head & Shoulders All In One 610ml[/h]
Mustafa Price: $8.50
NTUC FairPrice Price: $10.95
Savings: $2.45 – 22.4%

[h=4]Item #4 Panadol Sinus MAX[/h]
Mustafa Price: $7.80
NTUC FairPrice Price: $7.80
Savings: None – Both have the same price

[h=4]Item #5 Oral B Tooth and Gum Care 2 + 1 Pack[/h]
Mustafa Price: $9.50
NTUC FairPrice Price: $8.65
Savings: NTUC FairPrice saves you $0.85 – 8.9% Cheaper

[h=4]Item #6 Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Premium Soy Sauce 600ml[/h]
Mustafa Price: $5.15
NTUC FairPrice Price: $4.65
Savings: NTUC FairPrice saves you $0.50 – 9.8% Cheaper

[h=4]Item #7 Ceres Orange 100% Juice Blend [/h]
Mustafa Price: $2.35
NTUC FairPrice Price: $2.65
Savings: $0.30 – 11.3% Cheaper

[h=4]Item #8 Smucker’s Strawberry/Orange Marmalade/Blueberry Preserves 340G Jar[/h]
Mustafa Price: $3.90
NTUC FairPrice Price: $4.90
Savings: $1.00 – 20.5% Cheaper

[h=4]Item #9 Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Real Strawberries[/h]

Mustafa Price: $4.70
NTUC FairPrice Price: $3.95
Savings: NTUC saves you $0.75 – 16% Cheaper
[h=4][/h][h=4]Item #10 Emborg Feta in Oil with Herbs & Spices 300G Jar[/h] A must-have for every salad!
Mustafa Price: $7.20
NTUC FairPrice Price: $7.20
Savings: None – Both have the same price

Final Note: Turns out, NTUC FairPrice puts up a pretty good fight against Mustafa when it comes to prices on food and household items. But if I had to declare a “winner,” I’d mark it as a draw based on what I saw on my shopping trip.
However, you can still end up saving money no matter where you shop if you pay for your groceries and household items with the right credit card. If your credit card(s) don’t offer money-saving cashback benefits or rewards, no problem – just click here to choose from the best credit cards out there.

Were you surprised at the price differences between Mustafa and NTUC FairPrice? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook! For even more useful information on everything personal finance, visit MoneySmart today!
Image Credits:
Soham Banerjee
<like href="http://blog.moneysmart.sg/lifestyle/mustafa-vs-ntuc-fairprice-who-saves-you-more-on-food-and-household-items/" send="false" show_faces="false" layout="box_count" width="50"></like><iframe title="Twitter For Websites: Tweet Button" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-vertical" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.html#_=1404993103383&count=vertical&id=twitter_tweet_button_0&lang=en&original_referer=https%3A%2F%2Fsg.finance.yahoo.com%2Fnews%2Fmustafa-vs-ntuc-fairprice-saves-160000925.html&text=Mustafa%20vs%20NTUC%20FairPrice%20%E2%80%93%20Who%20Saves%20You%20More%20on%20Food%20and%20Household%20Items%3F&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.moneysmart.sg%2Flifestyle%2Fmustafa-vs-ntuc-fairprice-who-saves-you-more-on-food-and-household-items%2F&via=moneysmartsg" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no" style="width: 55px; height: 62px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
</plusone>The post Mustafa vs NTUC FairPrice – Who Saves You More on Food and Household Items? appeared first on the MoneySmart blog.
MoneySmart.sg helps you maximize your money. Like us on Facebook to keep up to date with our latest news and articles.
Compare and shop for the best deals on Loans, Insurance and Credit Cards on our site now!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuck you Soham Banerjee, how many outlets does Mustafa Centre have? How many of us would want to go all the way to Syed Alwi Road to buy groceries? And on top of that, squeeze with the whole lot of your kind there.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mustafa is a cheap CONVENIENCE store; it is open 24 hours. So, some stuff have to be priced higher to cover the additional cost of not ever closing.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
one very very important factor not to shop in mustafa is the location and the kind of fuckers that shop there and man the store. In fact the sole most important factor.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck you Soham Banerjee, how many outlets does Mustafa Centre have? How many of us would want to go all the way to Syed Alwi Road to buy groceries? And on top of that, squeeze with the whole lot of your kind there.

it's an interesting place.. in the dead of nite. you get creatures of all kind. the type priest would like to let their hands wonder over.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's an interesting place.. in the dead of nite. you get creatures of all kind. the type priest would like to let their hands wonder over.
I get dividend, bonus from NTUC & on Tuesdays additional discount for sr citizens pls convenient carparking... & NO strange smells