• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More job cuts in OZ - while govt cook the books in mini budget.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because I don't like the feeling of hallucination. I like to have a clear mind all the time.

The truth about the job situation in Perth is put across by this external recruiter employed by the govt to interview Level 4 contract job applicants just recently.

Level 4 jobs in govt do not require a uni degree, mostly admin jobs.

Many job applicants are overqualified, ranging from Irish to ex mining sector (A lot of cancelled and soon-to-be cancelled projects)

Some have not have real paid work for more than a year, and using volunteer work experience in OZ to promote their familiarity with local work environment.

Don't look good at all. Many are attracted to the mining boom in Australia and they are disappointed that this boom has not resulted in them getting jobs.

I am disappointed too. The situation in China must be pretty bad, but no one is telling the truth over there.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey Neddy, sure or not? the situation in Perth is bad? is it for those with australian working experience or without? Irish are flooding into perth because of the shit Paddyland is in,,they come here no job,,they might as well jump into the sea...u sure they are not fussy?? Just only recently,,it seems these Paddys expect to come off the plane and get the job thrown at them...they dont know they join the queue like everyone else,,have to work to gain experience etc,,,but they come here feel disgruntled cos jobs are not thrown at them...wat sort of bullshit attitude is that? just like the fts in singkieland,,,

Road extension projects etc are looking for people,,,those ex mining people can do it,,,why dont they go for it,,,after the great eastern highway expension,,there will be other roads to fix hor,,,at least 10 years of road upgrading in perth,,,

The truth about the job situation in Perth is put across by this external recruiter employed by the govt to interview Level 4 contract job applicants just recently.

Level 4 jobs in govt do not require a uni degree, mostly admin jobs.

Many job applicants are overqualified, ranging from Irish to ex mining sector (A lot of cancelled and soon-to-be cancelled projects)

Some have not have real paid work for more than a year, and using volunteer work experience in OZ to promote their familiarity with local work environment.

Don't look good at all. Many are attracted to the mining boom in Australia and they are disappointed that this boom has not resulted in them getting jobs.

I am disappointed too. The situation in China must be pretty bad, but no one is telling the truth over there.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey Neddy, sure or not? the situation in Perth is bad? is it for those with australian working experience or without? Irish are flooding into perth because of the shit Paddyland is in,,they come here no job,,they might as well jump into the sea...u sure they are not fussy?? Just only recently,,it seems these Paddys expect to come off the plane and get the job thrown at them...they dont know they join the queue like everyone else,,have to work to gain experience etc,,,but they come here feel disgruntled cos jobs are not thrown at them...wat sort of bullshit attitude is that? just like the fts in singkieland,,,

Road extension projects etc are looking for people,,,those ex mining people can do it,,,why dont they go for it,,,after the great eastern highway expension,,there will be other roads to fix hor,,,at least 10 years of road upgrading in perth,,,

What you wrote is about blue-collar workers.
I talk white-collar jobs.

Close to a hundred people chasing 2 job openings, not knowing that the jobs are already "reserved" for fixed-term incumbents whose contracts are over. Govt like to play this game to try to keep existing contractors.

Not enough blue-collar workers for mining projects, plus poor outlook, so projects cancelled (mothballed). White-collar workers suffer.

Not enough blue collar workers - So many construction projects - Burswood new stadium, Perth Underground, Perth foreshore development. Govt can pay for overrun, private firms will not, with negative outlook.

I know this Kiwi bloke construction worker who bought a nice 4 bedroom house after finishing the Northbridge theatre.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Do not be mistaken, I have no plans to move to Australia so has job or no job makes no difference to me. Unlike many bros here who are at the start, maybe in the middle of their career, I am at the end. In fact for many of my peers, they have retired. I have a house, a car, children who have completed their university studies and I still have a job, subject only to me calling it off.

I have nothing more to gain from moving to Australia or elsewhere. If there is an urge, I will probably take a long holiday.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
White collar jobs also alot what,,they are looking for skilled engineers, technicians etc,,,but if u got arts degree and no market value,,too bad for you,,,and u say got many construction projects,,dont need highly skilled project managers? IT etc meh? its people dont want to do,,like the news article on support for Paddys coming to Oz and feeling depressed,,they so depressed go back to paddyland and find work lah,,,the media make it sound so sad like that,,,I know one singaporean,,came over to Oz and was a big shot Financial controller in sinkieland,,,than come here cannot even get accountant or finance job,,so went back,,

another malaysian accountant graduated from oz uni,,went back to mudland and came back,,complain cannot get job as accountant,,the reason is no oz working experience,,,so there is some form or protection in the market,,,so have to start from bottom, but both examples will not,,sit down and wait for job to come in,,,like that how to survive in Oz? or anywhere?

What you wrote is about blue-collar workers.
I talk white-collar jobs.

Close to a hundred people chasing 2 job openings, not knowing that the jobs are already "reserved" for fixed-term incumbents whose contracts are over. Govt like to play this game to try to keep existing contractors.

Not enough blue-collar workers for mining projects, plus poor outlook, so projects cancelled (mothballed). White-collar workers suffer.

Not enough blue collar workers - So many construction projects - Burswood new stadium, Perth Underground, Perth foreshore development. Govt can pay for overrun, private firms will not, with negative outlook.

I know this Kiwi bloke construction worker who bought a nice 4 bedroom house after finishing the Northbridge theatre.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, u have already made it in life,,just enjoy,,u dont need additional stress of moving etc,,,

Do not be mistaken, I have no plans to move to Australia so has job or no job makes no difference to me. Unlike many bros here who are at the start, maybe in the middle of their career, I am at the end. In fact for many of my peers, they have retired. I have a house, a car, children who have completed their university studies and I still have a job, subject only to me calling it off.

I have nothing more to gain from moving to Australia or elsewhere. If there is an urge, I will probably take a long holiday.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Big jump in WA jobless rate
SHANE WRIGHT, ECONOMICS EDITOR, The West Australian
November 8, 2012, 8:44 am

WA’s unemployment rate jumped sharply in October, new figures reveal, as the rest of the nation put on workers.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics reported this morning the State jobless rate increased by 0.6 percentage points to 4.6 per cent.

It is the highest WA jobless rate in more than two years (August 2010).

It was due to a sharp increase in the number of people described as unemployed which grew by 8300 to 63,100.

The total number of people in work in WA actually improved through October with the State putting on an extra 1800 full time workers.

The number of West Australians in full time work stands at an all-time high of more than 1.3 million.

Nationally, the jobless rate was steady at 5.4 per cent after 10,000 jobs were added across the country.

Overall full time employment lifted by 18,700 last month while part time employment fell by 8000.

The total number of unemployed fell slightly, by 8800, with a 10,900 drop in the number of people looking for full time work.

The total number of worked hours fell last month by 4.2 million to 1.622 billion hours.

The figures follow the decision this week by the Reserve Bank to keep official interest rates on hold at 3.25 per cent.

The bank will tomorrow release its quarterly statement on monetary policy which should provide some guidance as to how it expects the economy, the jobs market and interest rates will perform over coming months.

In other parts of the country, the jobless rate fell in Tasmania (to 7.1 per cent), in Queensland (6.2 per cent) and Victoria (to 5.4 per cent).

It lifted in the Northern Territory (to 4.5 per cent) and the ACT (to 4.1 per cent) while it was steady in South Australia at 5.6 per cent and NSW at 5.2 percent.

The steady unemployment rate was in stark in contrast to figures across the Tasman.

The jobless rate in New Zealand has lifted to a 13-year high of 7.3 per cent on the back of a large increase in the number of people out of work.

Economists there had been expecting the headline rate to ease to 6.7 per cent from 6.8 per cent.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video]http://www.perthnow.com.au/business/jobs-growth-to-accelerate-led-by-mining/story-fn7kjv7y-1226515643265[/video]

Jobs growth to accelerate led by mining

THE employment outlook may not be as bleak as some forward indicators suggest, with a new report predicting 137,000 jobs will be added to the economy by August next year, led by demand in the mining industry.

That would be more than double the 58,000 people who gained employment in the year to August 2012.

The biannual report by consultants Economic and Market Development Advisors (EMDA) forecasts modest jobs growth in every mainland state apart from South Australia, where the job market is expected to be flat.

EMDA's Michael Emerson, the author of MyCareer Employment Forecast November 2012, said there had been a lot of business uncertainty after recent reports about China's economic slowdown and the mining industry, and a rise in the national unemployment rate.

"But the overall outlook is quite encouraging as the economy continues to stabilise," Mr Emerson said, releasing the report today that analyses national, state, industry, and demographic employment trends and figures.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related Coverage

SA govt challenged on growth, jobs figures Perth Now, 25 Oct 2012
Steady outlook for jobs market Perth Now, 11 Sep 2012
Journos to be outnumbered by spinners The Australian, 6 May 2012
Job ads rise for third month - ANZ Courier Mail, 10 Apr 2012
Bank settings too reserved The Australian, 29 Mar 2012

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

The latest official data for October released last week showed the jobless rate unchanged from September at a two-and-a-half-year high of 5.4 per cent, after it jumped from 5.1 per cent in August.

EMDA's report predicts Western Australia will lead the way with 2.5 per cent employment growth in the year to August, followed Queensland at 1.2 per cent.

The nation's two largest states, NSW and Victoria, are both forecast to have 1.1 per cent growth.

By industry, based on forecasts for the year to May 2013, mining employment is expected to surge by 10.2 per cent, while engineering is forecast to rise by 3.6 per cent.

However, government jobs, construction and property, and manufacturing are all seen in decline.

"Losses of jobs in the next year will primarily be as a result of public-sector job cuts and the strength of the Aussie dollar, which will send more of our manufacturing jobs overseas," Mr Emerson said.