• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian woman who financed Tollywood movie now target of gangsters

sunsanḍ̣̣̣̣

Alfrescian
Loyal

Published: Tuesday December 14, 2010 MYT 5:17:00 PM

Malaysian woman who financed Tollywood movie now target of gangsters

CHENNAI: A Malaysian businesswoman who financed a Tamil movie depicting a turf war involving rival gangsters, now fears being targeted by the Indian underworld. V. Jayalakshmi had financed the movie's production on a staggered basis since 2008, after she was convinced by a South Indian film director that the movie, Agam Puram (Two-Face) would rake in millions in revenue.

She claimed she had spent about RM500,000 to finance the movie. Last July, when she asked for the return of her capital sum, the film director allegedly refused. Jayalakshmi, 56, a tour agency operator from Klang, Selangor, then filed a court injunction to prevent the movie from being screened here.

In her application, she sought the court to grant an interim injunction restraining the respondents from releasing the movie until her dues were settled. Justice S. Rajeswaran of the Madras High Court granted an interim injunction from releasing the movie till Tuesday) but turned down Jayalakshmi's application for an extension.

The movie, starring Shamsuddin Ibrahim, popularly known as Shaam, and new actress Meenakshi, is now being shown in local theatres. The story touches on an underworld gang war similar to the Hollywood movie, American Gangster.

"I have lost all my hard-earned money ... he (film director) has refused to return my money as promised. Instead, gangsters have been making threats against my life in Chennai. "Four people came to my (hotel) room to threaten me because of the case (demanding for the return of the money).

"They even challenged me, saying they wanted to know how I would be able to leave this place (Chennai) (without getting hurt) and warned that they could finish me off here or in Malaysia. "I just want my money back...I even borrowed money to finance the movie and now, I am helpless," she said here Tuesday. - Bernama