• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Last Day Being Emperor of My Class...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is being an Emperor so important?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Was one boy trying to save the other?

</TR><!-- headline one : end --><TR>This is one of several theories, but friends and family of Tampines Secondary students Sia Chan Hong and Ku Witaya (right) still don't have any answers, one week after their mysterious deaths </TR><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Tan Dawn Wei

</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
chan.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Sia Chan Hong

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>
viewMorePhotos.gif
View more photos

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->Just three hours before they fell to their deaths from a ninth-floor window two Saturdays ago, Sia Chan Hong and Ku Witaya were said to have been celebrating a friend's birthday at a barbecue at East Coast Park.
When the party ended at three in the morning, a bunch of them made their way to Witaya's home at Block 667 in Jalan Damai, off Bedok Reservoir Road.
<TABLE width=200 align=left valign="top"><TBODY><TR><TD class=padr8><!-- Vodcast --><!-- Background Story --><STYLE type=text/css> #related .quote {background-color:#E7F7FF; padding:8px;margin:0px 0px 5px 0px;} #related .quote .headline {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px;font-weight:bold; border-bottom:3px double #007BFF; color:#036; text-transform:uppercase; padding-bottom:5px;} #related .quote .text {font-size:11px;color:#036;padding:5px 0px;} </STYLE>HELPLINES
Samaritans of Singapore (SOS): 1800-221-4444

Family Service Centre: 1800-838-0100

Take suicidal threats seriously
It is unlikely that Ku Witaya and Sia Chan Hong had formed some sort of suicide pact, said a psychiatrist.

'For a suicide pact to occur, there has to be a very intense relationship between both parties,' Dr Adrian Wang, a consultant psychiatrist at the Gleneagles Medical Centre, told The Sunday Times.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Later that morning, their friends left to buy food. When they returned at 5.20am, they found the two 16-year-old boys sprawled at the foot of the block, motionless.
Paramedics pronounced Witaya dead while Chan Hong was sent to the Changi General Hospital. He died at 7.50am.
One week after this bizarre double death, no one seems any closer to the truth about why the two seemingly healthy and, by most accounts, cheerful basketball-loving boys fell to their deaths from Witaya's bedroom.
It is a mystery that has shocked and baffled family members, friends and schoolmates, teachers and the principal of Tampines Secondary School, which the two boys attended.
A flurry of discussions ensued on blogs of those who knew them, but while the youngsters grieved the untimely passing of their friends, none could pinpoint a reason for the deaths.
The police may be the only ones who know better, but they would only say they are still investigating the case, which has been classified as 'unnatural deaths'.

=> The poodles have "more important" tasks e.g. shadowing CSJ and co. to handle lah!

The media frenzy that followed has also caused those close to the boys to beat a retreat - they have declined to talk to the press and have locked their blogs; some have even taken them down.
When The Sunday Times visited Chan Hong's parents in their Eunos Crescent flat last Tuesday, the boy's mother, looking distraught and tired, would only say: 'My son is already dead. I just want to put all these things behind me and move on.'
Witaya's grandmother, who lived with him, refused to comment, saying: 'It's over, I don't want to talk anymore.'
Still, questions - and theories - continue to swirl.
Did the boys have a suicide pact? Were they high at the time? Was it an unfortunate freak accident? Was one trying to save the other when he, too, fell? After all, one story goes that the body of one of the boys was found lying on top of the other.
Some have chosen to see answers in three journals - found by reporters and now in police possession - lodged behind some pipes outside Witaya's flat.
The three exercise books and foolscap pad contained scribblings of sometimes ungrammatical English numbering 40 pages and carried the two boys' names, and have led some to believe they sought their own ends.
In what was perhaps one of the most telling entries, Chan Hong, a class chairman in his Secondary 4 Express class, wrote: 'Last day being an emperor of my class. I have to kiss goodbye to my studies, Good Academic Award for this year, my teachers, my prepared exam which is the final-year exam, my dream for studies and of my classmates.'
The entry was found under the label, 'Last day on earth'.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another entry Witaya had apparently written two days before his death was titled 'Last Words'.
'0 days to world war. 0 days to meet my love. Today will be the day I will be writing my dairys (sic).'
He also wrote about how he belonged to a group of 'slayers' and was the leader of a party of nine who called themselves 'Sexy Little Fellows'.
The Sexy Little Fellows were supposed to live by certain rules: meditate more, don't give in to temptation, so said the journal.
Some reports have been quick to blame computer gaming - where players create avatars and can slay demons and monsters - for leading the boys up a doomed path.
Witaya's diary entry also said this band of brothers had to choose between their slaying mission and their studies.
The two boys started playing computer games last year but family members are adamant that they were not hooked on them.
Classmates, too, have refuted such speculation.
A classmate of Chan Hong's who declined to be named said the boys would sometimes discuss computer games during their breaks and plan a time to play together.
'But they didn't seem the types to be obsessed with computer games. I believe Chan Hong and his friends knew their limits,' she told The Sunday Times.
Fuelling the mystery and rumours is the fact that Witaya has been practising as a Taoist medium for the past three years - a trade he inherited from his paternal grandmother, whom he lived with.
Neighbours said they often heard banging sounds from his flat in the middle of the night when he went into trances, which averaged once a week.
Adorning the entrance of his flat are religious artefacts such as a blanket with the yin-yang symbol. The same symbol was spray-painted on the graffiti-filled wall of a staircase landing just outside his flat.
Best buddies

What is clearer is how close the two boys were. Childhood friends who lived four bus stops apart, they were from the same primary school and later, Tampines Secondary School, where they were both on the basketball team.
A friend who knew them in primary school told The Sunday Times that he was in Witaya's class in Primary 1 and with Chan Hong in Primary 4 and 5.
'They were both hardworking and earnest. Although they did not achieve the best academic results, they still strived on and were usually optimistic about life. Chan Hong never failed to wear a smile on his face,' she said.
Basketball, she said, was a particular love of the two. 'Although I didn't play basketball with Chan Hong during break times, when I did so during PE lessons, he displayed good sportsmanship. As for Witaya, I heard he was a very loyal friend. When his friends needed him, he'd always be there for them.'
Although they were in different classes - Chan Hong was in Sec 4 Express while Witaya was repeating his Sec 3 Normal (Academic) course - they spent a lot of their time together and were regular visitors to each other's homes.
The day before his death, Chan Hong apparently didn't behave any differently in school. 'Chan Hong was still wearing that smile, like he always did,' said his classmate.
By all accounts, Chan Hong was well liked. He was outgoing, sociable and nominated by his class to be their chairman for two years in a row.
He was also one of the top three students in his class and was known to work very hard for his grades.
That is why friends and family refuse to believe he would commit suicide.
Just a day before his death, he asked his teacher for remedial lessons. He also had a date with his uncle to have prata on that fateful day.
He was 'driven' and 'motivated', said Mr Neo Tick Watt, the principal of Tampines Secondary School. He had never been absent from school and had spoken about his plans to go to a junior college that was strong in basketball.
Chan Hong's father, Mr Sia Leng Chye, 44, a hawker, told The New Paper last Sunday that he never had to worry about his elder son's studies. The boy wanted to become an accountant.
On weekends, he would help out at his parents' stall, sometimes dragging friends along for extra pairs of hands.
Much less is known about Witaya. Reports say his father is a construction supervisor and his Thai mother works in a factory.
Born in Thailand, he moved to Singapore at a young age. His parents divorced about a year ago and he had a younger brother and sister. Besides his love for basketball and gaming, he also took a shine to the piano, whic he picked up a year ago.

Friends have been expressing shock and sadness on their personal blogs.
A friend of Chan Hong's wrote: 'You stupid boy...Look at your brother's face, look at your family, look at your girlfriend, look at your friends. Just take a look at them. How much they're grieving over you.'
Others wrote about how they will miss his 'infectious smile', that he was 'someone very special' and was 'filial, hardworking, respectful, responsible, kind-hearted'.
The school has been trying to keep the students' spirits up, especially since their preliminary exams have just started.
'We encourage our students, we tell them it is part and parcel of life and life must go on,' Mr Neo said.
The school postponed a Biology and Elementary Mathematics paper last Monday and has been giving counselling to the basketball and netball teams. The two teams often play together.
But there has not been closure for some.
'Most of us want answers,' said Chan Hong's classmate. 'We're waiting for the police to investigate and tell us.'
A friend of the boys wrote in her blog: 'Netballers and basketballers went for counselling today. I don't need counselling. I just want to see them reunited with their loved ones. Instead of them being so far away from their loved ones.'
[email protected]
Additional reporting by Alvin Lim and Gabriel Yue