• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Justice is reserved for only the rich in Singapore now?

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Justice is reserved for only the rich in Singapore now?

How come scam $1.5B can be out to roam free on $4M bail, did the DPP or Judge pass their PSLE maths test?

Hello, $4M is less than even 1% of $1.5B; even 1% is also $15M.

This kinda money can easily buy a fake passport, body double, ticket to freedom etc etc.

How much money has he since returned? He has so many assets, how many have DPP secured that he cannot liquidate to pay bribes.

I would think that at least 10% of the scam value (even though relatively low) would be the required amount for bail by his rich business partners, familee and friends via minimum of a bank guarantee, because $150M is not insubstantial.

Is PAP gahmen using this as advertisement for rich criminals and con-men to base themselves here?

Or is DPP and the courts setting the new legal standard that bail should always be set at approx 0.25% of the total amount swindled, implying a complementary 'get out of jail free' card.

And did his bailor even have $4M in his bank account or assets secured as collateral, or is he just a desperate job-seeker/minion, being paid a few thousands to agree to be jailed a few weeks to feed his family, because he is obviously unable to furnish in default, the $4M bail amount promised in court if the defendant absconds.

The defendant as is reported, has at least $10M in artworks and $15M worth of jewellery and watches, well sufficient to start life anew in a foreign country, and this is just what was discovered from $1.5B mismanaged.

So can someone charged for shop lifting a $100 item, also be bailed out proportionally for under 25¢ (or even lesser, especially if the item was subsequently recovered by the store security department) ?

In this case, the law is a circus or totally biased I really believe. Please correct me if any of my facts are mistaken /wrong.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...-over-100-million-of-alleged-ill-gotten-gains