• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Judge won't allow questions on police discrimination

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
The big deal is that, it was not SI Yeo, a junior officer who had purportedly rejected the application but someone else hiding behind poor SI Yeo.
You gather that because the DOB suddenly appeared on the printed application form?

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Porifirio

Its a dance as old as time well as old as the reputation of Singapore as a centre for legal and judicial fairness.

1. Dr Chee wants to prove politicization of the Judiciary and the Civil Service. I suspect that he will not only seek to prove that in a "limited sense" i,e political activities but use it as part of his "change campaign" to extend it broadly to all aspects of legal, business and day to day life.

2. He seeks the "eureka" moment whereby the SI admits receiving a phone call from the DS or the Comissioner ordering him to turn down the application of Dr Chee.

3. Because of one and two it justifies his "civil disobedience campaign" and his lack of political success in unfair and unbalanced elections.

4. There could have been a thousand and one silly reasons to give for rejecting his proposal :_)). For example the fact that their consumer protest on World Consumer Day 2008 had nothing to do whatsoever with the official theme for the day as set out by the World Consumer's organization itself or security concerns in front of parliament. etc etc etc. Anyhow any reason would have been silly just which one would seem less stupid

Cheers

Locke

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The trial is getting very interesting and exciting. I hope what the judge did and all the documents/recording compiled by SDP can be archieved to serve as reminder to next generations that discrimination existed in this country and how ruling party exploited kangaroo and dogs to create hazy law for peasants to abide. The world must know and see the process of Singapore Kangaroo behaving not in international standard. Let's keep the eye-opening trial and process a "must read" article for many weeks to come.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Por

Now now :_)) My comments were an analysis on the strategies and actions of others and might not have any direct correlation with my own personal viewpoints. Dammm should have been a weasel of a lawyer :_))

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the person had signed the Official Secrets Act slip, he or she cannot reply on any question which had been deem confidental by his department. he can only answer them or allow others to know of the information if that set of information had been declassified.

had the officer actually reply on the question, he would then be in trouble for breaching the Official Secrets Act.

Chee, as an ASP(NS) knows that, but he is just playing to the gallery and fooling those who r ignorant of the Official Secrets Act and at the same time, trying to get a IO in trouble.

Actually one does not have to sign anything under the OSA to be charged under the OSA. It is up to the State to prove that the information is classified under the official secrets act. During last OSA trial, all accused except for one would not have signed anything unde the OSA.

The proper procedure is for the judge to ask the DPP to confirm that it falls under OSA. The possibility of trial held in camera is another. During the last OSA trial, Sr members of the ISD testified in camera.

A simple application process is not a state secret. If it was, DPP would have applied beforehand to exclude the calling of the Officer on the grounds that his testimony would breach OSA. No state official who is aware that a civil servant has been called up for this purpose will sit on his hands thinking the judge will act for him.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Porifirio

Its a dance as old as time well as old as the reputation of Singapore as a centre for legal and judicial fairness.

1. Dr Chee wants to prove politicization of the Judiciary and the Civil Service. I suspect that he will not only seek to prove that in a "limited sense" i,e political activities but use it as part of his "change campaign" to extend it broadly to all aspects of legal, business and day to day life.

Locke

All the Govt has to state is that all applications from Chee will be automatically declined in view of his past clear efforts to politicise and agitate others rather than confine to activites that are stated in his applications.

I don't understand why they need to go thru the circus act which they are not good at.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Errr clear cut, and politically incorrect because they have to put up some form of semblance or excuse that some political expression is permitted in democratic singapore. :_)). That kinda defeats the excuse which is what Dr Chee wants :_))

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Errr clear cut, and politically incorrect because they have to put up some form of semblance or excuse that some political expression is permitted in democratic singapore. :_)). That kinda defeats the excuse which is what Dr Chee wants :_))

Locke

I suppose you are right.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, kindly do not give them any "ideas", they are already overpaid as it is:p

All the Govt has to state is that all applications from Chee will be automatically declined in view of his past clear efforts to politicise and agitate others rather than confine to activites that are stated in his applications.

I don't understand why they need to go thru the circus act which they are not good at.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only the police's credibility, if there's any left, is at stake but also that of the judge who had disallowed CSJ's question on the long delay in processing his application.
Our men in blue should serve everyone without fear of anyone. They should hold lofty their ideals and treat everyone at par.
In the eyes of the Almighty everyone (human and other living things) are at par. There is no discrimination in His Court.
It would be wise to remember the ancient Bedouin (Arab nomad) saying,
"He who digs a pit should remember that he or his loved one will fall into it"