• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jiuhoo Deputy prime minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi paid his last respects to his adoptive mother, Cheah Seoh Lian, who died at her home last Sunday

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Zahid pays last respects to Chinese adoptive mother​

He says he last shared a meal with her during the Chinese New Year celebration.
Bernama - 15 Feb 2023, 7:43pm

25c39fe3-zahid-funeral-bernama-150223.jpg

Ahmad Zahid Hamidi paid his last respects to his adoptive mother, Cheah Seoh Lian, who died at the age of 83 on Sunday. (Bernama pic)

BAGAN DATUK: Deputy prime minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi paid his last respects to his adoptive mother, Cheah Seoh Lian, who died at her home last Sunday.

Cheah, 83, died in her sleep at about 11am.

Stay up-to-date by following FMT's Telegram channel
FMT
Zahid spent about 20 minutes at Cheah’s residence in Taman Desa Bersatu, Hutan Melintang.

On his arrival at 12.40 pm, Zahid was seen comforting Cheah’s son and his close friend, Beh Song Wan, 60, also known as “Bujang”.

The Bagan Datuk MP said his close relationship with his adoptive mother and her six children spanned over decades, adding that he considered the family as his own.

“I have lost my adopted mother. The last time I saw her was on the second day of Chinese New Year.

“I managed to spend time eating and chatting with her,” he said when met by reporters.

Zahid said he cherished the relationship with the family, adding that Malaysians must have mutual respect, regardless of religion, race and culture to maintain harmony.

“We follow the sunnah (traditions) of Prophet Muhammad in respecting other religions and I am confident that we can maintain and improve this harmony.

“Cross-culturalism among the people in Malaysia is not just about respecting, but understanding different religions, cultures and races.

“This is the key to harmony among the people in the country,” he said.

Meanwhile, Cheah’s daughter, Gina Beh, 54, said her mother had always been well and she only complained of stomach ache before she died.

Cheah will be buried at the Chinese cemetery in Batu 18, Kuala Bikam, at 10am tomorrow.