• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jeopardy to re-allow Canadian applicants

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jeopardy is the only game show I'd watch on TV. It is exciting, fun, and challenging. All other game shows suck. I hope Mediacorp will air Jeopardy. I'd stay home and watch it. Excpet for the sports questions, (I know fuckall about baseball, basketball or American football) I suppose I dare claim I'd have a slight chance in all the other categories, especially Geography and Science. In any case, Singapore should have her own version of this game. It is very entertaining.

Cheers!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/alex-trebek-key-city-french-dispensation-jeopardy-1.3568266

Jeopardy, finally: Alex Trebek says ban on Canadian applicants to be lifted

Popular U.S. game show stopped accepting Canadian applications, citing privacy laws
CBC News Posted: May 05, 2016 3:49 PM ET Last Updated: May 05, 2016 5:29 PM ET
The Canadian host of popular U.S. game show Jeopardy says he expects issues with the online application form that led to a ban on Canadian applications to be resolved by the summer.
Alex Trebek, speaking Thursday in Ottawa where he met with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and later received a key to the city, says changes to Canada's privacy laws in 2015 forced the initial decision to stop accepting Canadians.
"We at Jeopardy and Sony productions were not in compliance with the new rules and so we have been working very hard to rectify that problem," he said.
Though he did not give an exact timetable for when Canadians might be able to go online for a chance to show off their knowledge, he said he expects "we will be in full compliance by the time we start shooting our 33rd season of programs this July."
Privacy, language issues

Jeopardy host Alex Trebek says he expects issues that prevented Canadians from applying to be contestants on the game show to be resolved by the summer. (CBC)
The show's decision in February to stop accepting Canadian applications, was — like the show's signature format — an answer that invited questions.
For example, it was unclear how the updates to the Digital Privacy Act in 2015 put the show out of compliance, and the show's publicists didn't provide much clarity.
In a statement issued in February, they said, "As international laws governing how information is shared over the internet are ever-changing and complex, we are currently investigating how we can accept registrations from potential Canadian contestants."
Trebek further muddied the waters Thursday during his meeting with Trudeau, when he mentioned that a separate requirement was that the applications had to be in both English and French, something that previously hadn't been mentioned as an issue.
But he said the show has just learned that it has been exempted from that requirement.
Trebek said Canadians who had applied before the changes are still in the show's backlog of potential contestants, so there will be no shortage of Canadian participants.

"We have enough Canadians in the pipeline already as contestants, so you'll see them on the program between now and July," he said.
Contestant Justin?
Trebek said he knows of at least one Canadian eager to apply: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
"In my conversations with the prime minister a little while ago, he mentioned that if Jeopardy ever conducts a world leader celebrity Jeopardy tournament, count him in."
Trebek said he told Trudeau this would never happen, because "no other political leader that I can think of would accept our invitation and would go in against him."