• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jamie Oliver to open eatery here

Oracle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rebecca Lynne Tan | The Straits Times | Fri Oct 12 2012

20962.jpg
British celebrity cook Jamie Oliver is opening a restaurant in Singapore, his first in Asia.

Singapore, October 12, 2012

British celebrity cook Jamie Oliver is opening a restaurant in Singapore, his first in Asia.

Called Jamie's Italian, the family-friendly restaurant will be located at VivoCity in Harbourfront Walk, and will open in the third quarter of next year.

Conceived by Oliver and his Italian mentor, famed chef Gennaro Contaldo of the now-defunct Passione restaurant in London, the new restaurant will offer Italian fare such as fresh pasta and antipasti.

Jamie's Italian here, a partnership between the two chefs and Hotel Properties Limited, will add to the over 30 branches of the restaurant that span the United Kingdom from Cardiff in Wales to Bristol, and other cities including Sydney and Perth in Australia, and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.

The Essex-raised celebrity cook, 37, is best known for his simple and fresh approach to cooking, as well as cooking shows that include The Naked Chef and Jamie's Kitchen. He has at least 15 cookbooks to his name.

The restaurant here is expected to be "affordable" though it is not know what the average bill per head will be.

The menu will be based on dishes eaten by ordinary people in Italy and will be rustic and simple. The pasta will be made onsite daily.

There are also plans for the restaurant here to use fine regional produce.

The restaurant will feature an open kitchen as well as an alfresco dining area.

Oliver said: "I can't tell you how excited I am to be opening a restaurant in Singapore.

"I think VivoCity is a fantastic location and I'm delighted to be able to bring the Jamie's Italian experience to the people of this wonderful city."

[email protected]

Last edited: