• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

iPod officially died.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
user posted image

So long and thanks for all the tunes: Apple has bid a fond farewell to the last model in its iconic line of iPod music players — ending the music player’s two-decade run.

The tech giant’s original iPod, introduced on Oct. 23, 2001, was the first MP3 player to deliver what was then an unprecedented 1,000 songs (!) into a compact, portable device. Since then, Apple has introduced a variety of iPod models.

On Tuesday, the company announced that it was discontinuing the iPod touch, the version of the music player that features the iPhone’s multitouch interface, which first bowed in 2007. The last of the iPod touch models are available to purchase through apple.com, Apple Store locations, and Apple authorized resellers “while supplies last,” the company said.

To be sure, Apple was quick to point out the myriad of ways customers can still listen to music on its other products, including the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV and Mac, through Apple Music, its subscription music-streaming service that provides more than 90 million songs and 30,000-plus playlists. (The press release announcing the phase-out of the iPod touch was titled “The music lives on.”)

“Music has always been part of our core at Apple, and bringing it to hundreds of millions of users in the way iPod did impacted more than just the music industry — it also redefined how music is discovered, listened to and shared,” Greg Joswiak, Apple’s SVP of worldwide marketing, said in a statement.

In 2017, Apple discontinued the iPod Shuffle and iPod Nano, the two last versions of the music players that were not capable of running iOS apps.

https://www.aol.com/finance/apple-officiall...-170219867.html

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It should have died long ago. Why you still need that crappy and bloaty iTunes to sync your music when you can just drag and drop is beyond me.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imuhp Airpod is alao a fucking ter nao device that onlee ter nao users use and think verlee high class. The sound effect is totallee nothing compared to my uncle's ear piece.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If your phone has USB-C, you can have great sound quality than any iPod by plugging in a USB-C DAC dongle. They are dirt cheap and I bought several of them ranging from $10 to $50. The most expensive one uses the ESS Sabre DAC and is around $50. Install the Hiby app or PowerAmp app as they can access the DAC directly, bypassing the OS, which will offer the best audio quality.

Screenshot_20220511_133523_com.thecarousell.Carousell_1.jpg

Last edited:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your phone has USB-C, you can have great sound quality than any iPod by plugging in a USB-C DAC dongle. They are dirt cheap and I bought several of them ranging from $10 to $50. The most expensive one uses the ESS Sabre DAC and is around $50. Install the Hiby app or PowerAmp app as they can access the DAC directly, bypassing the OS, which will offer the best audio quality.

View attachment 145534

You subscribe to Tidal?
Those physical lossless file will fill up the phone in no time.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You subscribe to Tidal?
Those physical lossless file will fill up the phone in no time.
No. I convert my own files from CD or Flac to AAC with a good encoder. No point having lossless as there is no perceptable difference between lossless and 256Kbps. I have made many thorough testings over the years to come to that conclusion. Any increase in audio quality is marginal at best and not worth the extra storage space needed.
On top of that, my hearing is no longer as good as before and certain high frequencies is inaudible to me anymore due to age.

Last edited: