• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indonesian Atheist Attacked, Faces Jail Time After Posting 'God Doesn't Exist'

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...d-faces-jail-time-facebook-god_n_1219778.html

After surviving an attack from an angry mob, an Indonesian atheist is facing jail time for posting the phrase "God doesn't exist" on his Facebook page.

The man, who is being identified only as Alexander, posted the message on the social networking site and was later reported to authorities by the Indonesian Council of Ulema, an Islamic religious authority, according to the Telegraph.

Alexander arrived for work at a government office Wednesday, where he was met and attacked by a mob of people upset by his beliefs.

He was arrested on Friday and charged with blasphemy against Islam, a crime punishable by up to five years in jail.

According to the Telegraph, officials were upset because they "believed Mr. Alexander had defiled Islam by using passages from the Koran to denounce God."

An Indonesian law prohibits people from speaking out against any of the country's six recognized religions.

In addition to legal trouble, Alexander's post may also cost him his job, the BBC reports.

Alexander grew up Muslim, but questioned the existence of God, angels and heaven, the Jakarta Post reports. He learned about atheism while attending college in Bandung, West Java.

According to a local police chief, Alexander said he's not going down without a fight.

"He said he realized what he had said and was prepared to lose his job to defend his beliefs," Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Chairul Azis told the Jakarta Post.

In addition to questioning God on his own page, Alexander managed a Facebook group about atheism that had more than 1,200 followers, the AFP reports.

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i disagree with Alexander of course but support his right to vocalise what he believes in. In this day and age there is no place for such mob violence and persecutions.

Religious freedom and the freedom to to believe is everyone's right. You can and should win others over by your words and your behaviour.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
i disagree with Alexander of course but support his right to vocalise what he believes in. In this day and age there is no place for such mob violence and persecutions.

Religious freedom and the freedom to to believe is everyone's right. You can and should win others over by your words and your behaviour.

im ok with christianity, at least they dont hang , stone or beat the crap out of me...

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sigh...................all these ignorant, dogmatic muslims.................christians too............

do they even know the earth isn't flat ?