• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Writing open letters to the PM & Cabinet

Ah Hai

Alfrescian
Loyal
A letter has been sent to the Straits Times Forum page, addressed to the Prime Minister and his Cabinet, drafted by Dana Lam and Braema Mathi, to ask that the government preserve JBJ's public spiritedness and love of the law and is requesting for two items (please see reproduced letter below).

While the first letter by has been sent to the press already, there is an intention to continue collecting signatures and build up momentum. It's likely that there are many more people who want to show their support but may not have known about this initiative.

Therefore, for those of you who are interested, you can either choose to submit this letter individually or as a collective group together with some people you know, with your name(s), I/C number(s) for Singaporeans and signature(s). You may base on the template letter below and address it to the Prime Minister and his Cabinet via:

E-mail address: [email protected]

Mail: Orchard Road Istana Singapore 238823

Fax: 63328983(PM) 67324627(SM) 67345244(MM) 68356621(General Office)

Thank you for your time and to Stephanie Chok for informing the Facebook Admins.

NOTE: Please cross out your I/C number(s) if you wish to publicly display your letter in a website, blog or online forum, but the letters privately sent to the PM, Cabinet or the press should maintain the I/C number(s).

--------------------

OPEN LETTER TO THE PRIME MINISTER AND HIS CABINET

30 September 2008

Dear Prime Minister & Cabinet Members

By all accounts, we have lost a figure of uncommon strength and conviction in Mr JB Jeyaretnam.

No matter which side of the political fence we stand, it is undeniable that Mr JBJ, as he will be fondly remembered, has fought long and hard for what he believed was good for Singapore and, good for Singaporeans.

Mr JBJ did all he could with all he could. In staying the course, he has undoubtedly performed a public duty as a citizen of Singapore and, amply demonstrated the public spirit, the commitment to country and, the "nation before self" maxim that the government has sought to propagate.

As Singaporeans we are proud that such a man as Mr JBJ walked among us. We appreciate the sacrifices Mr JBJ has made for his beliefs in serving the people of Singapore . We are equally proud that the government, in spite of its political differences, has acknowledged the same resilience and service to nation in Mr JBJ.

Mr JBJ is an icon - an individual who stood up to serve the country and who stood tall for his beliefs and principles. As citizens of Singapore , we hope that Mr JBJ's public spiritedness and love of the law can be preserved in the following manner:

1) a professorial chair in the name of Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam be created in the Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore and,

2) A scholarship fund in the name of Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam for graduate studies in political science and/or constitutional law and/or civil society studies.

We also humbly ask the government to further demonstrate its commitment to public spiritedness and active citizenry by taking the lead to provide the seed fund for the above honours for others to follow.

We look forward to your encouragement as we mourn the loss of one of Singapore's better sons.

Yours in good faith,

Dana Lam Yoke Kiew (SXXXXXXXH)
Braema Mathi (SXXXXXXXG)
Siew Kum Hong (SXXXXXXXE)
Au Wai Pang (SXXXXXXXJ)
Manohar P Sabnani (SXXXXXXXA)
Teri Teo Shiwen (SXXXXXXXI)
Constance Singam (SXXXXXXXE)
Cheng U Wen, Lena (SXXXXXXXD)
Lim Siew Wai, William (SXXXXXXXD)
Benedict Jacob-Thambiah (SXXXXXXXI)
T Sasitharan (SXXXXXXXZ)
Stephanie Chok (SXXXXXXXB)
Heng Hiang Khng (SXXXXXXXE)
Jacqueline Tan (SXXXXXXXC)
Serene Yap (SXXXXXXXG)

NOTE I: JBJ’s funeral cortege leaves Funeral Parlour 1, Mount Vernon, at 1 pm on 4 Oct; for 2pm service at St Andrews Cathedral; Cremation at 4.30pm, Mandai Crematorium, Hall 3

NOTE II: In Memoriam: JBJ event at Speakers Corner on 4 Oct (Sat) at 6.30pm.
For details - http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=37798650773

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I support the idea.

As it is asking the ruling party to enshrine the memory of singapore's foremost opposition leader in very concrete and living terms, it is unlikely to be taken up.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Dana Lam Yoke Kiew (SXXXXXXXH)
Braema Mathi (SXXXXXXXG)
Siew Kum Hong (SXXXXXXXE)
Au Wai Pang (SXXXXXXXJ)
Manohar P Sabnani (SXXXXXXXA)
Teri Teo Shiwen (SXXXXXXXI)
Constance Singam (SXXXXXXXE)
Cheng U Wen, Lena (SXXXXXXXD)
Lim Siew Wai, William (SXXXXXXXD)
Benedict Jacob-Thambiah (SXXXXXXXI)
T Sasitharan (SXXXXXXXZ)
Stephanie Chok (SXXXXXXXB)
Heng Hiang Khng (SXXXXXXXE)
Jacqueline Tan (SXXXXXXXC)
Serene Yap (SXXXXXXXG)

http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=37798650773

Files have been opened at the Internal Security Department for each of the above.

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
soon PAP dog leetahbar the diabetic ugly fat slob chao ah kwa with kidney

disease will make his presence felt in the defense of his PAP masters.

when he's done sucking several of the bangalas' cocks he'll make his

way in here.

LOL

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The various opposition parties might like to consider coming together to create a trust as a lasting monument to JBJ.

The trust may well fund research to post-doctoral studies into singapore's politics.

And employ economists to give independent perspectives into the impact of singapore's policies.

There are at least 33% of singaporeans who do not mind contributing the cost of a cup of coffee to JBJ.

This is a chance for the opposition to show some strategic focus in their actions. It is constructive and it ties in with JBJ's vision of a responsible opposition.

It also leads to a different level of representation.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
They may have noble intentions but why the need to beg the government for permission? In doing so, they had dishonour the memory of JBJ. He in life had never kowtowed to the government despite the grief perpetrated on him. I'm sure he is shaking his head now in heaven above. Anyway, had they discussed the idea with his sons?

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, I feel they are doing a most excellent thing. That will indeed be a very strong monument to JBJ.

Most of all, it legitimizes his position as the Father of all Opposition.

There is a difference between asking and begging.

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
you will have to goto their personal blog to do it or goto PAP site to do it.
no point doing it here.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, I feel they are doing a most excellent thing. That will indeed be a very strong monument to JBJ.

Most of all, it legitimizes his position as the Father of all Opposition.

There is a difference between asking and begging.

I "BEG" to differ. What is supposed to be within our rights, we have to ask.

What action needed to be corrected to make right a wrong, we have to beg.

That's how I put it my own perspective. Figure it out or ignore.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will choose to ignore it then.

The proposals given will give to JBJ a strong sense of legitimacy. And the repercussions of such a proposal will have positive impact to the opposition for years to come.

That is why my opinion is that it will not be approved.