• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'I'm a nobody, why would LKY meet me?'

zujjkiol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sarcasm oozed out of every pore when reporters posed a question pertaining to Singaporean Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew to former premier Dr Mahathir Mohamad.

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
why is MM meeting all the relevant politicians in Msia...
ANY INTELLIGENT GUESS.........
Mathir being Mathir.will never bent to anybody........

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mahathir Sees No Reason For Kuan Yew To Meet Him

KUALA LUMPUR, June 11 (Bernama) -- Former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said today he did not see any reason why Singapore's Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew would want to see him.

Dr Mahathir said this when asked by reporters on the possibility of him meeting Lee, who is currently in the country on an eight-day visit.

"I don't see why he would request to see me, I am a nobody," he told reporters when pressed further what if there was a request from Lee to see him.

Dr Mahathir met reporters after launching Sapura Crest Petroleum Berhad's new state of the art Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) called the Thypoon, which is capable of deepwater operations, during the Oil and Gas Asia 2009 Exhibition, at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, here.

The former premier was also asked to comment on the meeting between Lee and the opposition leaders, and the advice he gave to them.

"Lee Kuan Yew has much experience. Our politicians know nothing. That is why we have to learn from Singapore. Singapore is a great country, they invest so much money," he said.

On the third bridge issue, Dr Mahathir said: "If we give sand, then we can get the bridge."

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Lee Kuan Yew has much experience. Our politicians know nothing. That is why we have to learn from Singapore. Singapore is a great country, they invest so much money," he said.

Mathir is forever saarcastic about Lau Leee.....really got spikes in his words........

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mathir is forever saarcastic about Lau Leee.....really got spikes in his words........
tis quote shows mahathir really noes lky ...

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mathir is a Aneh ...his record in his medical study in spore .......will likely to show.
Aneh has a gift of gap.......fork tonge maybe.....but this Mathir got spikes in his words........SALUTE........

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mahathir Sees No Reason For Kuan Yew To Meet Him

KUALA LUMPUR, June 11 (Bernama) -- Former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said today he did not see any reason why Singapore's Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew would want to see him.

Dr Mahathir said this when asked by reporters on the possibility of him meeting Lee, who is currently in the country on an eight-day visit.

"I don't see why he would request to see me, I am a nobody," he told reporters when pressed further what if there was a request from Lee to see him.

Dr Mahathir met reporters after launching Sapura Crest Petroleum Berhad's new state of the art Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) called the Thypoon, which is capable of deepwater operations, during the Oil and Gas Asia 2009 Exhibition, at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, here.

The former premier was also asked to comment on the meeting between Lee and the opposition leaders, and the advice he gave to them.

On the third bridge issue, Dr Mahathir said: "If we give sand, then we can get the bridge."

do u all know that snake can be very petty? i got one in my avatar by the way.:p

zujjkiol

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Lee Kuan Yew has a lot of experience. Our politicians know nothing. That is why we have to learn from Singapore. Singapore is a great country, they invest so much money,” he said.

He admits that after 50 years ruling Malaysia, UMNO-BN is a great failure!!

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That dumb ass keep making noise coz BN is losing to ground to the opposition not realizing that he was one of the main causes of BN's downfall. He should seriously learn to shut up and act like he had really retire instead of ranting non stop.

zujjkiol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kelantan wants to emulate Singapore's success in cleanliness, fighting graft

KOTA BAHRU: Malaysia's opposition Islamic state of Kelantan wants to emulate Singapore's success in fighting graft and keeping the city clean.

Chief minister of the opposition-held state, Nik Aziz Nik Mat, said this when he met Singapore Minister Mentor, Lee Kuan Yew, who is currently on an eight-day visit to Malaysia.

It is the first time both leaders have met in their political careers spanning half a century.

Tok Guru, as the 78-year-old spiritual head of the Pan Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS) is affectionately known, met Mr Lee for slightly over an hour.

Both leaders discussed various issues - from strengthening ties to the importance of the English language in global affairs, where Singapore shared its experience in implementing the English language policy.

Mr Nik Aziz in turn explained PAS' Islamic policies.

He said: "We are all human beings, regardless Chinese or Malays. I apply Islamic principles to govern Kelantan and in international relations. I respect those who are good, even though they are Chinese, and despise those who are bad, even though they are Malays."

Mr Nik Aziz's moderate way of life has won the respect of many, including Singapore Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam.

Mr Tharman said: "Tok Guru has a reputation that extends beyond Kelantan, a man of belief who practises his beliefs in a way that inspires many people. (He is) someone whom we politicians can learn from."

The delegation was later treated to a traditional nasi dagang lunch as a local troupe performed Dikir Barat.

Mr Lee and the Singapore delegation were then taken on a city tour of Kota Baru before heading to their final stop, Kuantan.

- CNA/yt

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/video/index.php