• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I want this 4k PC monitor, NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please sharp dun make another product just for japanese market, bring it to the world, i want it asap, please please i have everything ready, phase change ivy bridge and GTX690. My 5.5K is reserve for you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sharp_pnk321_im-100015058-large.jpg

Sharp will launch a display capable of rendering images at a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels over an area of 32 inches, but enough to impress any professional image editing or PC gaming enthusiasts with deep pockets.

The first 4K resolution monitor uses a Sharp LCD panel made with the IGZO technology (indium gallium zinc oxide), very promising in terms of image quality. Among other things, the IGZO technology allows LCD screens with a low coefficient in filtering incoming light from a LED source, capable of providing high brightness without excessive rise in energy consumption.

Sharp-PN-K321

Helped by an LED light source similar to those found in the current generation of LCD TVs, the actual screen resolution of 8.3 MP can be accommodated in a housing with a thickness of only 35 mm and narrow frame.

Now known as Sharp PN-K321, the monitor can play video received through DisplayPort and HDMI connectivity and sound includes a set of stereo speakers with 2 watts power, connector and a 3.5 mm headphone type jack.

Sharp PN-K321 will be available, initially, only in Japan, where it can be bought starting February at a price of $ 5,500. Even with such a prohibitive price those interested must hurry because Sharp offers the new monitor series in a limited edition to 1500 copies made each month. Hopefully, with increasing the production volume in anticipation of an international launch, Sharp will bring the price at a more accessible standard for a wider audience.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sharp unveiled the industry’s thinnest 4K monitor, which has a 32-inch LCD screen that is just 3.5 mm thick.

The new monitor is powered by the ultra-thin IGZO technology that delivers an incredibly high resolution in an ultra-thin display. It features a 4K resolution of 3,840 x 2,160, the equivalent of four full-HD screens.The monitor is expected to run around $5,500 USD (450,000 yen) and will launch in Japan in February.

“We are hoping to launch around the same time globally,” said Sharp spokeswoman Miyuki Nakayama. “This is aimed at computer designers, architects, medical users—those type of people.”

The screen will be equipped with two HDMI connectors, enabling users to connect a PC and home video equipment, and two small speakers. It weighs about 7.5 kilograms.

IGZO display technology can be applied across a wide range of devices and Sharp plans to launch its first smartphones and tablets with the technology in Japan. IGZO technology could be beneficial because it uses less power than current LCD screens and can prolong battery life in mobile devices.

They will likely be showcasing the new monitor during the Consumer Electronics Show in January as it isn’t expected to be released until sometime in February.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pls change policy.

Unfortunately, Sharp will be able to produce only 1500 of such displays per month. Hence, very high price is expected when the displays become available in February, 2013. Initially, Sharp PN-K321 will be available only in Japan.

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about an eyefinity setup? Somewhat primitive, but I think it's quite interesting how it envelops a field of vision :smile:

Gwendolene

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not an expert. But a monitor is a monitor. Why waste so much money? A Channel or a Gucci is more worth it.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not an expert. But a monitor is a monitor. Why waste so much money? A Channel or a Gucci is more worth it.

monitor is the most important, that is what your eye see, high resolution screen is much clearer than cheap monitor.
one monitor can last many generation of PC, every 2 years, i change my PC, but my screen remain the same.
it is well worth the money, much better than chanel and gucci which will be out of fashion next season.

are you a gal? you sound like one.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Won't be a downgrade if you use three of those 30" displays :p

that is not three 30 inch high res screen, that is just three 24 inch low res screen.

3 sub par 24 inch is less than one 30 inch monitor
3 good 30 inch is less than one 4x2K monitor

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem with all these driving consoles is that they can simulate the visual aspects of driving but not the G forces.

i agree, but good for you to practice at home with the simulator to improve yourself, so you can do better on the track.
like flight simulation training for pilot