• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Horse racing official attacked

D

Dodomeki

Friday October 15, 2010

Horse racing official attacked

By ALEX TENG
[email protected]

IPOH: An attempt on the life of a Malayan Racing Association (MRA) senior official was foiled when he rammed his car into one of his assailants and fled from an ambush near the Jalan Kampar flyover here. South African Errol Lang, 57, the acting chief stipendiary steward of Malaysia, was driving to the Perak Turf Club in his Proton Waja when the incident happened at about 7am.

“I was reaching a traffic light junction when a vehicle suddenly blocked my way. Another vehicle also pulled up behind at the same time to prevent me from reversing.
“Two parang-wielding men wearing ski masks then got off the vehicles and started to smash my windscreen and the window on the driver’s side,” he said in a telephone interview yesterday. Lang added that he then rammed into one of his assailants and the front vehicle before speeding off.

“Luckily, I’m not injured, just a bit shaken up. I am in the dark over the motive of the attack. “About a week back, a similar thing happened but I managed to reverse into my house,” he said, adding that he had lodged police reports over both incidents. Ipoh OCPD Asst Comm Azisman Alias confirmed a report had been lodged. The latest attack was the third in the last two years.

In April last year, Soo Lai Kwok, who is the deputy chief stipendiary steward of the MRA, was attacked by eight people outside a Bukit Tambun seafood restaurant in Nibong Tebal, Penang. Just four months earlier, Soo’s boss David McGillivray, the chief stipendiary steward of the MRA, was also attacked and had his left arm almost severed by a parang-wielding man outside a restaurant in Ipoh.