• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hooray! Good Riddance Finally!

D

Dodomeki

Benítez sacked by Inter

22 December 2010

12427199550.jpg

(GSM) - Rafael Benítez has been sacked as manager of Internazionale after just six months in charge at the European champions, according to Sky Sports.

The sacking comes as no surprise after the former Liverpool boss criticized the Italian club's president Massimo Moratti for his lack of investment in the squad this season.

Despite having two games in hand, the 50-year-old's team has struggled in Serie A as they currently sit in seventh place, 13 points behind leaders Milan.

Inter have also stuttered in the Champions League, finishing behind Tottenham Hotspur, with a meeting against Bayern München on the cards next for the reigning European champions.

And despite winning the Club World Cup just last Saturday, Benítez issued an ultimatum to the club's board to back him in the transfer market if they want him to remain at Giuseppe Meazza.

Moratti has rejected to finance Benítez's transfer plans, and after criticizing the Spaniard's team management, Italian tycoon has apparently run out of patience.

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k12aSNSt4o0?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
confusion.

moratti says he is not sacked...well, with reports like this...its like someone telling u they saw ur obituary before u are dead...

so even if he is not sacked today...he will be soon, its bad on relations...and if you openly issue ultimatum to your boss...who u think will win?

jw5

Loyal
When a UK reporter asked that fxxker whether he thought it was a foul or a goal or a penalty after a Liverpool match, he would ask the reporter "Were you watching the match" or "What do you think" in a condescending manner.

Even Wenger and Fergie have never done that, they may be angry with the decision or the result, but they would answer the football-related question. They would only be rude when the questions were about their personal affairs, players' personal affairs, disputes within the club, etc, i.e. kaypoh questions.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
article-1340677-0C8BFAF4000005DC-647_468x286.jpg

Blatter: Mr Moratti, why did you hire this fat spanish slob in the 1st place.
This S.O.B has only the skills to turn decent sides into second-rate turkeys.

Moratti: You are right, Mr Blatter, even the gays and ladies in tight shorts can do a better job than this fat spanish azz.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rafael Benitez denies being dismissed by Inter Milan

Inter Milan manager Rafael Benitez has denied reports that he has been sacked by the European and Italian champions.

Former Liverpool boss Benitez told Spanish radio station Onda Cero on Monday: "I have not been fired.

"I am surprised because I have seen a lot of headlines and I have been phoned by a lot of people asking me if I have been fired, and it is not true at all."

Inter president Massimo Moratti said: "At the moment he is the coach, if I am not mistaken."

Benitez led Inter to victory in the Club World Cup on Saturday with a 3-0 win over TP Mazembe before urging Inter's board to back him.

The club, currently seventh in Serie A, insisted subsequent reports that the Spaniard had parted company with them were just rumours.

"I have heard and read of contacts with other coaches," said Moratti, "but the company has not made contact with any other coach until it clarifies the situation."

Manuel Garcia Quilon, who represents Benitez, also denied his client had reached the end of the road at Inter.

"Benitez is under contract with Inter and the situation is the same as it was before," he said.

"Benitez said what he said and he does not need to explain himself further. I have not been contacted by anyone."

Inter may have won the Club World Cup with victory over Congolese side TP Mazembe to claim their fifth trophy of 2010 but they are well off the pace in this season's Serie A.

They have won only one of their last six league games and go into Italian's football's winter break 13 points behind leaders and city rivals AC Milan.

However, Inter do have two games in hand on the teams above them and next play on 6 January at home to Napoli.

Although Benitez can point to injuries to key players for his team's plight, he is reportedly under pressure barely seven months after Moratti appointed him to succeed Jose Mourinho.

Speaking after Saturday's victory, Benitez said: "There are three possibilities for the club. One, 100% support for the coach and buy four or five players to build a stronger team with competition among the players to be able to carry on winning matches and trophies.

"Two, carry on like this without a project, without planning, and go ahead with one person to blame, for the whole season.

"The third," he added, "is to speak to my agent to reach an agreement if there is not this support. Simple."

Despite stating Benitez's comments "were not suitable for the situation", Moratti praised Inter's coach for the way he masterminded the Club World Cup win.

"For the moment the Inter fans are happy," said Moratti. "It is not the moment to ask for reinforcements."

The Inter president added: "He [Benitez] managed the game very well, I saw his handywork."

Under former coach Mourinho last season, Inter won the Serie A title, the Italian Cup and the Champions League.

D

Dodomeki

Moratti regrets Benitez downfall

Moratti regrets Benitez downfall

24 December 2010

12427202310.jpg

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti said he was disappointed in the manner sacked boss Rafa Benitez departed the club.

Benitez was dismissed by the European champions on Thursday, just six months after suffering a similar fate at English Premier League club Liverpool.

And Moratti said he was disappointed with the way the Spaniard's time at the San Siro finished.

"I am sorry about how it all ended. However, it was an experience and experiences are always useful," Moratti told Reuters.

"Also, through this experience we brought home the Italian Supercup and a Clubs' World Championship title.

This puts us in a situation which we can be satisfied with and now we can start all over again."

Moratti said the motive for sacking the former Liverpool boss was related to Inter's sub-par results in Serie A this season.

The champions are in seventh place in the league, 13 points behind leaders AC Milan, but Moratti said the writing was on the wall when Benitez made a 'back me or sack me' ultimatum to the president.

"Besides (Benitez's) statements that precipitated things, I was not too satisfied about our results before the final of the Clubs' World Championship," Moratti said.

"Adding his statement to this however put an end to my patience and the good sense to keep waiting (for things to improve)."

Former AC Milan boss Leonardo, has emerged as the favourite to fill the absence left by Benitez, but Moratti was not willing to share names of the candidates vying for the job.

"I will tell you when the time comes. All the people we have in mind now are people of experience, nice and good people, intelligent people. Anyway, in due time," he said.

D

Dodomeki

Inter name Leonardo as new coach

Inter name Leonardo as new coach

25 December 2010

12426938590.jpg

(GSM) - Internazionale has announced the appointment of former Milan boss Leonardo as their new coach on Friday.

The announcement by the European and Italian champions on its website comes a day following Rafa Benítez's contract termination by mutual agreement.

Leonardo, who has managed Inter's city rivals Milan, has been handed a contract that will run until June 2012.

His first match as the Nerrazzuri coach will be when Inter play against second-place Napoli in the Serie A on January 6.

The club statement read: "We wish Leonardo the very best of luck and are sure that with his class, experience and winning mentality the Club and the team can achieve the results that everyone at Inter and all the Inter fans want to see."

Leonardo becomes the fifth coach to make the move from Milan to Inter, following Giuseppe Bigogno, Giovanni Trapattoni, Ilario Castagner and Alberto Zaccheroni.