• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hongkong rock band Beyond late vocalist Wong Ka Kui's tombstone tio vandalised by a siaolang botak boy.

MutterBerg

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is creepy. Last night I thought I heard Ka Kui crying to me as I was listening to their Masonic album. I bet none of the Beyond fans even know one of their albums is Masonic. I dun listen to their post 1987 popular and commercial stuffs.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is creepy. Last night I thought I heard Ka Kui crying to me as I was listening to their Masonic album. I bet none of the Beyond fans even know one of their albums is Masonic. I dun listen to their post 1987 popular and commercial stuffs.

I only know this Masonic song

MutterBerg

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me, their commercially successful pieces are all over-rated and artistically crabby. I bought all their albums since 1986 on the first day of release as a support. When I bought 乐与怒 in 1993, I thought 海阔天空 must be the worst piece ever written and produced. Recycled basic harmonic progression, a melody which is just so ABRSM Grade 6 Theory homework-like, cliche orchestra arrangement done by a Japanese with that cliche to hell timpani roll, overly-vibrato semi-professional strings playing from the gig orchestra, lyrics which are linguistically below average, an “I, me, myself” ideology. Never I knew most people actually perceived it to be his best composition ever. It’s so obvious that they are just pandering to the lower-middle and lower class leftist audience by then. Not withstanding this, there are some really great Beyond gems which remain relatively obscure and unknown from their pre 1988 era.

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me, their commercially successful pieces are all over-rated and artistically crabby. I bought all their albums since 1986 on the first day of release as a support. When I bought 乐与怒 in 1993, I thought 海阔天空 must be the worst piece ever written and produced. Recycled basic harmonic progression, a melody which is just so ABRSM Grade 6 Theory homework-like, cliche orchestra arrangement done by a Japanese with that cliche to hell timpani roll, overly-vibrato semi-professional strings playing from the gig orchestra, lyrics which are linguistically below average, an “I, me, myself” ideology. Never I knew most people actually perceived it to be his best composition ever. It’s so obvious that they are just pandering to the lower-middle and lower class leftist audience by then. Not withstanding this, there are some really great Beyond gems which remain relatively obscure and unknown from their pre 1988 era.
Rare Beyond fan spotted

MutterBerg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not exactly a fan. Never a fan of HK culture. But I did find their early works interesting. One full Masonic-themed album, and another with a few Masonic pieces in 1992. Very rare for an Asian group. During my younger days, I found these lower-middle class background “boys” intellectually interesting enough to be supported. Met Ka Kui one week before he passed on, so the group sticked in my mind a bit longer. I am indeed one rare person who found Beyond declined after 1988.

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
image-861052.webp

image-861053.webp

Tio tangkup liao