• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Have a heart for this disabled chinese cookie seller

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Believe me, I’m not a scammer, pleads disabled cookie-seller​

'Ainin Wan Salleh
-
February 1, 2022 11:30 AM
26Shares
facebook sharing button
twitter sharing button
whatsapp sharing button

email sharing button

Daniel-Beeskut-emel-pic-310122-1.jpg

Cheng and his close friend Fathullah Idris about to grab a bite before sending customers their orders.
KUALA LUMPUR: Cookies and chips businessman Daniel Cheng works out of a wheelchair, with a spirit of independence born out of a lifetime of ill health, loneliness, and hardship.
He has cerebral palsy, a lifelong brain disorder that affects his ability to move and maintain balance and posture. He has always found it almost impossible to do what most of us do without thinking.

Orphaned as a child, he has to fend for himself and is determined to be a successful businessman. “I do not want to rely on people’s pity in order to live,” he told FMT. “I want to earn my own living.”

But now, the 30-year-old is being accused of dishonesty, of running a scam operation in selling biscuits online – claims he furiously denies.

Delays in completing orders resulted in some unhappy customers, one of whom threatened to report him to the police while others on social media labelled him a scammer.
“It breaks my heart when I think about the harsh things they have accused me of, and I feel like crying,” he said.
Daniel-Beeskut-emel-pic-310122-2.jpg
Cheng runs his business from home.
Cheng turned to online work after the Covid-19 pandemic struck. He had been employed as a manager at a massage centre in Kuchai Lama, Kuala Lumpur, and switched to selling face masks online as the pandemic caused demand to soar.
Last year, he started selling snacks online, repacking chocolate chip cookies, and flavoured chips and crackers. He runs his business, Daniel Beeskut, from his rented home, and occasionally sets up stall at markets and shopping centres.

“I get my supplies from a factory in Shah Alam,” he said. “All my products are halal as I want to cater to Muslim customers too.”
He operates every stage of his business himself, from promoting his products online, to taking orders, dealing with customers, and making sure that orders are delivered promptly and safely.
It’s not easy for him, running a one-man show and glitches do sometimes happen.
Daniel-Beeskut-emel-pic-310122-3.jpg
Sometimes Cheng sells his products at shopping centres.
“My cerebral palsy means I can only use one arm, and this slows down my business a lot,” he said. “Packing the orders can be really difficult for me and sometimes I get behind.”
But he has many supporters and is grateful to all of them.
Perhaps his biggest supporter is his good friend Fathullah Idris, who sometimes accompanies him to send orders to customers around Kuala Lumpur and Selangor.
“He helps me get around and makes sure I have two meals a day. I am blessed to have him as a close friend,” he said.
The support of friends and customers makes all the difference as Cheng tries to build a successful business, and earn an independent living

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

Believe me, I’m not a scammer, pleads disabled cookie-seller​

'Ainin Wan Salleh
-
February 1, 2022 11:30 AM
26Shares
facebook sharing button
twitter sharing button
whatsapp sharing button

email sharing button

Daniel-Beeskut-emel-pic-310122-1.jpg

Cheng and his close friend Fathullah Idris about to grab a bite before sending customers their orders.
KUALA LUMPUR: Cookies and chips businessman Daniel Cheng works out of a wheelchair, with a spirit of independence born out of a lifetime of ill health, loneliness, and hardship.
He has cerebral palsy, a lifelong brain disorder that affects his ability to move and maintain balance and posture. He has always found it almost impossible to do what most of us do without thinking.

Orphaned as a child, he has to fend for himself and is determined to be a successful businessman. “I do not want to rely on people’s pity in order to live,” he told FMT. “I want to earn my own living.”

But now, the 30-year-old is being accused of dishonesty, of running a scam operation in selling biscuits online – claims he furiously denies.

Delays in completing orders resulted in some unhappy customers, one of whom threatened to report him to the police while others on social media labelled him a scammer.
“It breaks my heart when I think about the harsh things they have accused me of, and I feel like crying,” he said.
Daniel-Beeskut-emel-pic-310122-2.jpg
Cheng runs his business from home.
Cheng turned to online work after the Covid-19 pandemic struck. He had been employed as a manager at a massage centre in Kuchai Lama, Kuala Lumpur, and switched to selling face masks online as the pandemic caused demand to soar.
Last year, he started selling snacks online, repacking chocolate chip cookies, and flavoured chips and crackers. He runs his business, Daniel Beeskut, from his rented home, and occasionally sets up stall at markets and shopping centres.

“I get my supplies from a factory in Shah Alam,” he said. “All my products are halal as I want to cater to Muslim customers too.”
He operates every stage of his business himself, from promoting his products online, to taking orders, dealing with customers, and making sure that orders are delivered promptly and safely.
It’s not easy for him, running a one-man show and glitches do sometimes happen.
Daniel-Beeskut-emel-pic-310122-3.jpg
Sometimes Cheng sells his products at shopping centres.
“My cerebral palsy means I can only use one arm, and this slows down my business a lot,” he said. “Packing the orders can be really difficult for me and sometimes I get behind.”
But he has many supporters and is grateful to all of them.
Perhaps his biggest supporter is his good friend Fathullah Idris, who sometimes accompanies him to send orders to customers around Kuala Lumpur and Selangor.
“He helps me get around and makes sure I have two meals a day. I am blessed to have him as a close friend,” he said.
The support of friends and customers makes all the difference as Cheng tries to build a successful business, and earn an independent living
Malaysia boleh! :thumbsup:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He certainly looks like a scammer to me. Are his cookies actually edible?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the good old days, he could earn a good living by performing for the koyok seller at the markets and town centres.