• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Great News! Retirement Age Upped to 70 to help Sinkies Sexercise!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Retirement and re-employment ages in Singapore will be raised to 65 and 70​

SINGAPORE - The retirement and re-employment ages for Singapore workers will be progressively raised to 65 and 70 years old respectively under the law, to support older Singaporeans who wish to continue working to do so.

Speaking at the start of the debate on changes to the Retirement and Re-Employment Act and the Central Provident Fund (CPF) Act, Manpower Minister Tan See Leng told Parliament on Monday (Nov 1) that these changes will also better prepare Singaporeans for retirement.

The process will start on July 1 next year, when the retirement age will be raised to 63 and the re-employment age to 68, he added.

These changes to the retirement and re-employment ages are in line with therecommendations made by the Tripartite Workgroup on Older Workers in 2019.

The work group recommended that the retirement age be raised to 65 and the re-employment age to hit 70 by 2030, in a step-by-step process.

The timing of the subsequent shifts will be subject to agreement among the tripartite partners of the ministry, labour union and employers' federation.

Dr Tan noted that, by 2020, about a quarter of the resident labour force was aged 55 and above, up from 16.5 per cent a decade ago.

"Under this (statutory retirement and re-employment age) framework, employers cannot terminate an employee on grounds of age before the statutory retirement age. Workers have the assurance of continued employment up till the statutory re-employment age if they are able and wish to do so," he said.

"At the same time, businesses have sufficient flexibility to adjust re-employment terms, enabling them to continue providing employment opportunities to our senior workers while remaining competitive."

Firms can also raise the retirement and re-employment ages ahead of the timeline. The public sector has taken the lead from July 1 this year, Dr Tan added.

Another recommendation of the work group was to raise the CPF contribution rates for workers aged 55 to 70 over the next decade, to boost retirement adequacy for seniors.

From Jan 1 next year, the first increase in senior workers' CPF contribution rate will take effect. Employees aged 55 to 70 will see an increase in total CPF contribution rates of up to 2 percentage points.

"This increase was deferred by a year from the original announced timeline of Jan 1, 2021, as a nimble move to help employers manage costs amid the Covid-19 pandemic," Dr Tan said.

"The deferment was also supported by the labour movement, who viewed this as a balanced approach to help senior workers keep their jobs."

There are no changes to CPF withdrawal ages. At 55, people can still withdraw at least $5,000, and they can still start their CPF payouts from 65.

Dr Tan noted that the Government is also doing its part to help employers adjust to the changes, with the $1.5 billion Senior Worker Support Package introduced last year to help offset senior workers' wages and the additional employer CPF contributions.

Lastly, Dr Tan added that the work group recommended that employers make changes to their policies and processes to support older workers.

"To encourage more age-friendly workplaces, employers should also embark on job-redesign, as well as provide more part-time re-employment opportunities," he said.

He also highlighted that while raising the retirement and re-employment ages provides the flexibility for older workers to work longer, it does not compel them to do so.

"Those who do not wish to continue working need not do so, and can enjoy their retirement," he said.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle say lansai lah KNN 65 and 70 yo already will be wiped out by massacre still talk what leeemployment KNN

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB, the papigs talk cock ,the way they let in foreigners n PRs to take over our jobs,now they tell u can work till 70 ,but when u tell them can't find a jib ,they gave u fxxx reasons like skill no matching,cb,talk cock ,same as those take vac n still die ,they tell u they hv medical conditions,hope the papigs all die of covid

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
late 40s already cant find proper jobs..... want to retire at 70......haha
cpf coffers definitely fucked big time......
They don't really care about CPF being emptied as long as there is a continuous stream of employment levies. These levies no need to return to anybody so can coviniently disappear

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They don't really care about CPF being emptied as long as there is a continuous stream of employment levies. These levies no need to return to anybody so can coviniently disappear

PAP should really Pofma you for constantly lying about the state of our CPF. The money in our CPF is still there and growing. Mine has been growing at a compounded rate of 4% per year for the past few decades. And with the strength of the singapore dollar, most cpf members have seen their savings grow exponentially over the years.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP should really Pofma you for constantly lying about the state of our CPF. The money in our CPF is still there and growing. Mine has been growing at a compounded rate of 4% per year for the past few decades. And with the strength of the singapore dollar, most cpf members have seen their savings grow exponentially over the years.
Pofma my foot.

Anything that I cannot hold in my hands is as good as non existent.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cpf has been my uncle's main money growing tools too. The onlee concern my uncle has is whether can it be used after the agreed date that's why my uncle always has a chopper on standby.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal

dont be silly johnny boy, nobody here gives a fuck about the pap and their pofma or pofpa nonsense

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
dont be silly johnny boy, nobody here gives a fuck about the pap and their pofma or pofpa nonsense

The SDP cares about the pofma. They spent a lot of time and money to overturn the stigma of Pofma attached to their lies.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
GOD saves the Queen erm.. I mean SBF ! This is the only place full of POFMA materials but separated by the ocean thou... lol ! If it's insignificant it won't attract snakes eh.. snakes oil salesman to camouflage on ready attack mode here day and night. lol............

They even have paging system lol....... (just kidding ah Loctor... jagan mara eh. lol.)

Oh boy, Unker leemember the episode where you page the snake then it turns around and bite you knn.... /roflmao it was absolute hilarious kept me entertained for hours as it goes on and on kpkb.... Oops did i just say it out loud.....

*and i thought only uneducated bastards esp those got nuthing to lose makes the most noise. Hahahahha........

My bad ... sor wee.... :P <3

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I fully support abolishing a retirement age completely.

Imagine if there was a retirement age for being POTUS the USA would not be in a position to enjoy the stellar leadership that Joe Biden is providing to the whole world.

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is that possible that Covid is purposely let slip into our Country to resolve CPF & Ageing issue ? :biggrin: