• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Girl's six-fingered hand and no thumb

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Girl's six-fingered hand and no thumb
09 Jan 2010

Posted by Unikversiti |
gadis+enam+jari.jpg

Posted in Health and Medicine , Photo , Weird News

Doctors have operated on a Chinese girl who was born with six virtually identical fingers on her right hand and no thumb.

Four-year-old Xiao Qian, of Wuhan, eastern China's Hubei province, also has five fingers on her left hand, reports Chutian Golden News.

Her parents took her to see doctors in Pu'ai Hospital who said they had never seen a hand like the little girl's before.

Although, six-fingered hands were not very rare, it was highly unusual for somebody to have six nearly identical fingers, they said.

Doctor Xin Danmo operated on Qian, removing her left-most finger and trying to thicken the second finger in a bid to turn it into a thumb.

He believes that the girl's abnormity was caused by radiation or chemical exposure to the mother during pregnancy.

Via - Ananova

Other people with six fingers and toes

enam+jari+tangan.jpg

fingers-toes-6.jpg

hand6.gif

jari+kaki+enam.jpg

six+toes.jpg

six.fingers.hand.jpg

six_toes.jpg

Laurence Chan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remembered back in 1968 when I was called up to register for national service at the Kallang Manpower Base (I was born in 1943 during the second world war). One uncle was speaking to a young man. He said " don't be shy about it" and I noticed that the young man had an extra small thumb on both hands. To my amazement the uncle also had an extra thumb on both hands.