• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

German Greens MP resigns posts after drugs bust

Bitcoin

Alfrescian
Loyal

German Greens MP resigns posts after drugs bust

AFP
March 3, 2016, 4:42 am

57c7f6766677fb60df465dbd5544c0a49e0cfd6d-1bde9ub.jpg

Berlin (AFP) - A German Greens party lawmaker Wednesday resigned from several political posts after police allegedly caught him carrying a small amount of suspected illegal synthetic drugs.

Volker Beck, 55, was found to be in possession of "0.6 grammes of a suspected narcotic substance," a prosecution service spokesman told Bild daily's online edition.

Bild reported that the substance found during a police street check in Berlin late Tuesday was thought to be crystal meth, but authorities did not immediately confirm this.

The lawmaker said in a brief statement: "I hereby step down from my posts as my parliamentary group's spokesman for interior and religious affairs and as chairman of the German-Israeli Parliamentary Friendship Group."

Beck, who did not resign as a parliamentarian, said his lawyers would respond to any criminal charges levelled against him and added that "I have always supported a liberal drugs policy".

In mid-2014 a Social Democratic lawmaker, Michael Hartmann, stepped down from several parliamentary posts, including on an intelligence services oversight committee, after being caught with crystal meth.