• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

funds parked in Singapore will be withdrawn ASAP

roti_island

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why? Because Singapore's situation will be worst than Iceland when banking crisis hit here. All there is in Iceland was 3 major banks all taken over by the government that has no resources to handle them at all.

Singapore thanks to stupid Lee Kuan Yew son Ass Loong's policy, is down to only 2 major banks. When Singapore's banks are in troubles such as DBS is now in deep shit in Hong Kong, there is nothing the Singapore government have to save these 2 Singaporean banks.

There is going to be a trend soon becoming clear in this financial crisis that, foreigners' funds will be frozen like ICESAVE in Iceland during the banks' own national financial crisis.

In Iceland's ICESAVE the British funds is frozen like ice, in Singapore they will be frozen and dried up like snorts or Pee Sai.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Indonesian merchants are alerted about ICESAVE and are looking for alternatives in a big hurry now, to transfer their funds parked in Singapore to other options, such as buying diamonds or gold.

When these parked funds are withdrawn there might be a further crisis that Singaporeans' funds will be emptied and banks arent' able to pay back local depositors, regardless how kiasu or how long they queued up at the banks.

:eek:

Wins88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would really like ot know where you get your information from as I have searched the entire www for the nonsense you have spouted and found nothing! DBS in trouble in HK??? I have not read or heard anything about that.
On a side note, you seem to want our country (Singapore) to be in trouble!

roti_island

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would really like ot know where you get your information from as I have searched the entire www for the nonsense you have spouted and found nothing! DBS in trouble in HK??? I have not read or heard anything about that.
On a side note, you seem to want our country (Singapore) to be in trouble!

DBS HK is now FORCED TO BUY BACK ALL THE LOST FINANCIAL PRODUCTS, WITH SINGAPOREAN TAX PAYER'S FUNDS! MORON! We are talking about Lahman Brother's case!

Sg news covered it up but it is all over internet, DBS Singapore is not paying back Singaporeans but Hong Kongers, because HK can protest and sue DBS. Singaporeans are useless cowards:

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/article/081013/9/8olu.html

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/article/081011/4/8nre.html

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/article/081009/3/8mw7.html

星展擬「提早贖回」零售債券
(星島)10月10日 星期五 05:30

(綜合報道)

(星島日報 報道)星展銀行 昨與近一百名購入零售債券產品的客戶開會,商討解決辦法。星展銀行強調,涉及的投資產品「Constellation零售債券」,並非近日的「迷你債券」,香港星展銷售的,是由星展另設的獨立公司Constellation發行,而雷曼為其中一家相關機構,據發行章程,因已觸發破產信貸事件,發行人將「提早贖回」。星展表示,倘有職員誤導客戶,會跟進個案。

並非雷曼迷你債券

星展銀行董事總經理暨零售銀行業務總監王潔鳳昨日表示,銷售的產品並非雷曼迷你債券,不涉及政府的回購方案。星展表示,新加坡 星展已委任會計公司畢馬威作獨立審計,確保贖回程序公平、公正,並於本月二十四日左右釐定贖回款額,再通知客戶。她又指,暫未能評估客戶可取回的金額,不排除有個案可全數取回本金,但並非整體承諾,須逐個個案跟進,研究銷售過程是否有問題。

民主黨 及公民黨 昨聯同約一百名求助者,與星展開會,商討「Constellation零售債券」問題。手抱一歲女兒的林太,向記者哭訴被職員游說購下產品,「當時大肚六、七個月,腹大便便,職員話『定期保本債券』同定期無分別,連一張單張都沒有,現時連政府的回購方案都不適用,丈夫怨我蠢。銀行點都要負責,還番本金畀我。」

黃錦洪伯伯亦不滿近百萬元退休金「凍過水」,埋怨銀行不良銷售,「職員話好似去酒樓食套餐,八餸一湯,條魚臭咗可以不吃,八間裏面,一間出事都無問題。銀行簡直係寶藥黨!」堅持銀行要十足賠償。:eek::eek::eek:

記者 馬國揚

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/article/081009/4/8mr8.html

星展:若屬誤導 百分百退款
(明報)10月10日 星期五 05:05

【明報專訊】約70名在星展銀行 購買了雷曼相關產品的事主,昨日在議員陪同下會見星展銀行高層。星展董事總經理王潔鳳會後破天荒表示,若客戶能證明銀行職員在銷售過程中有誤導,星展會負起責任,客戶有可能獲得百分之百退款,但強調要按個別情况而定。此外,星展亦答應提早向投資者贖回產品,並已委託會計師計算贖回價,預計本月24日有結果。

現時出事的銀行大都是雷曼「迷你債券」的分銷商,但星展就透過子公司自行發行類似產品「Constellation」系列;王潔鳳指出,因此政府提出的迷債回購方案,並不適用於他們。但星展銀行表示,雷曼兄弟破產後,根據章程,銀行要提早贖回產品,新加坡 星展銀行已委託畢馬威會計師行,計算發行的產品中尚餘下多少資產,會在本月24日得知結果,屬首間承諾回購產品的銀行。

事主:沒錄音死無對證:eek::eek::eek:

購買了「Constellation」系列票據的事主鄺太表示,星展雖然答應退款,但絕大多數客戶都不會在職員推銷產品時錄音,可謂「死無對證」,加上現時銀行自組調查小組,算是「自己查自己」,令人感到並不公道。她指出,當初銀行職員推銷產品時,只表示票據和八大企業掛鈎,雷曼兄弟只是其中之一,「執一間都只輸八分一」,但她指昨日星展高層否認有這種說法。她表示,星展高層曾替事主估計,預料票據的價值只剩下約一成,甚至可能成為廢紙。

公民黨 黨魁余若薇 在與星展會面後表示,星展的回覆比其他銀行有建設性,「至少肯講如果有誤導性銷售的話,會全數賠本金」。她指星展已拿了300多個檔案調查,但以私隱為由拒絕披露有哪些投訴成立。:eek::eek::eek:

14essog029mobs-i1.jpg

星展銀行零售銀行業務總監兼董事總經理王潔鳳表示,若有客戶能證明銀行職員在推銷時誤導,銀行會負上責任,不排除百分百退款,但具體情况要視乎不同個案而定。(何家達攝):eek::eek::eek:

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/article/081009/9/8mnx.html

【金融深淵】星展承認Constellation為特定目的公司
(經濟通)10月9日 星期四 18:33

《經濟通通訊社9日專訊》公民黨 表示,立法會 議員余若薇 連同雷曼苦主,與星展銀行 高層會面,銀行承諾若證實分行職員以不良手法推銷結構性零售債券,會向客戶負責。:eek::eek::eek:

星展銀行代表承認Constellation實為星展的特定目的公司,為發行結構性零售債券而成立。星展代表承認,若分行職員向客戶表示產品其中一個相連機構出現信貸問題,客戶可取回其他七個相連機構的款額是錯誤信息。

星展表示,正就300宗案展開調查,研究銷售過程中是否涉及不良手法。(sh)

roti_island

Alfrescian
Loyal
My GF is Indonesian business family, I know what is happening in Indonesia.

Funds reversed back to Indonesia last week in huge amount, even with Jakarta exchange stopping.

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/081014/4/17ky7.html

今年來 韓、台、巴西股市 失血嚴重
中時 更新日期:2008/10/14 04:34 魏喬怡/台北報導

就上周資金流向來看,資金持續大逃亡,流出日本與新興股票市場!而共同基金當中,除了美國貨幣市場基金大吸金之外,其他不管是新興市場基金還是成熟市場股票基金,甚至美債基金都呈現淨流出的局面。法人認為,在投資人信心未恢復、信用緊縮情況未改善前,投資人宜逢反彈減碼,手持現金為上策。

據JP摩根、彭博資訊、EPFR等機構的統計,10月2日至8日全球資金仍大舉撤出日本、新興市場,尤其是台灣、南非、巴西、韓國、印度等國家。

主要股市中唯一呈現淨流入的市場是印尼,但並不是外資買超,而是股市無限期休市導致資金無法流出所致。就今年以來的資金狀況來看,以韓股、台股、巴西失血最多,淨流出分別為300億、122億、101億美元。

若再看到共同基金的流向,可發現上周投資人驚恐達到高峰,只有美國貨幣基金淨流入476億美元,其他像美債基金、美股基金、全球股票基金都是淨流出,金額分別達53億美元、51億美元、51億美元,而亞洲不含日本股票基金流出也不少,達12億美元。

JF太平洋證券基金經理人李鴻斌表示,被點名「下一個亞洲冰島」的南韓其實並沒這麼糟。韓國央行的外匯儲蓄多達2400億美元,而9月份韓國銀行體系的韓圜存款額較上一年同期增長了11%,可見金融體系手上仍握有資金可以調頭寸,並未再現和1997年金融危機時存款蒸發的景象。

另外,韓圜雖然快速走貶,但也有助於該國出口,再加上大宗商品價格走低,高盛就預估,只要油價能維持在每桶85美元,那麼韓國很有可能在今年第四季實現經常帳順差。

至於巴西,法人表示,巴西匯率和商品市場走勢息息相關,因此近期股匯雙挫,但巴西企業股/債比在10%上下,財務健全度甚至比美國企業還佳,加上巴西政府不斷提出救市方案後,跌幅已逐漸縮小。

新加坡大華銀研究部表示,針對歐美各國政府目前所展開的一連串救市措施符合市場預期,不過能否刺激疲弱已久的全球股市,現階段仍有待觀望,未來仍以美債、美元、黃金為首選標的。

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
When these parked funds are withdrawn there might be a further crisis that Singaporeans' funds will be emptied and banks arent' able to pay back local depositors, regardless how kiasu or how long they queued up at the banks.

When that happens ! Singapore gov is in the process as we speak selling power stations and already have access over the reserves to tide the gloom.

It is our version of bailouts .

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I said in the older forum, easy capital coming in, means easy capital going out when bad times comes.

This means that let it be hedge funds, private banking, tourism or anything in regards to capital movement(which btw created this economical bubble and price bubble), when times are bad, they will move these funds out.

And its gonna happen. Its not a surprise that the PAP has created an economical bubble because of such policies. That's why we grew so fast in such a short time. 8% every year for a developed country should have smelled fishy in the first place; no developed country usually grows more than 5% annually. If it exceeds that level, there must be a rotten fish somewhere.