• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

From murder case changed to trespassing and owning obscene videos?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This reminds me of the kidnapping in JB being changed to robbery and wrongful confinement. Sinkie Police investigation at its best!

Body in water tank case: Cleaner discharged for murdering maid

A cleaner was given a discharge not amounting to an acquittal for murdering a maid whose body was found in a water tank last year.

The Straits Times reported that Bangladeshi Md Repon Mostafa, 29, was originally accused of causing the death of Indonesian maid Ms Ruliyawati, 30 at the rooftop of Block 686B Woodlands Drive 73 on May 16.

The story made headlines last year after the dead body of an Indonesian maid was discovered on May 16 inside the rooftop water tank of Block 686B, Woodlands Street 73.

This led to new measures by the PUB to secure water tanks in all HDB buildings.

The water tank in the affected block was replaced by a $40,000 tank about a month later by the Sembawang Town Council after residents petitioned.

The prosecution has tendered five new charges against him.

Mostafa allegedly willfully trespassed into the area three times on April 10 and 12, and May 16, 2011 without a valid reason.

In addition, he faces two charges under the Films Act of having eight films without a certificate and an obscene film on his mobile phone.

The case was adjourned to July 24 for the lawyer to take instructions from his client on the five new charges.

Bail of $5,000 was allowed, and Mostafa's passport has been impounded.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Police learn from their mistakes... This time round impounded his passport so he can't fly away!

Learn from their mistakes?

Where can a Bangla fly when he can even afford to buy a budget airline ticket unless he walk across the Causeway?

You should learn to be more able to tell whether your own Poodles Force have changed for the better or even be able to learn from their mistake unless you, yourself can't tell one mistake from another ! LOL

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is embarrassing. How did it end up this way?

For the case to go to court, IO needs to clear his OC and then Hd SIS. AD Major Crime is next. When it goes to AGC, for a murder case, I think you need to clear another 3 levels. Amazing!

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is embarrassing. How did it end up this way?

For the case to go to court, IO needs to clear his OC and then Hd SIS. AD Major Crime is next. When it goes to AGC, for a murder case, I think you need to clear another 3 levels. Amazing!

A very sad turn of events insofar as analytical abilities, perseverance and in-depth knowledge as an IO is concerned.

Truly I don't blame the officers today. There are not that many experienced officers to lead them.

The same is true of the AG Chambers where there are many young legal eagles but very few old timers left..

Those were the days when we had the likes of Ong Hean Teik, Pereira, Maniam, EC Foenander, Glenn Knight and many more in the SIS and AG Chambers, respectively.

There is truly a void in such skillful officers.

The fact that there are no pensions today may also be a reason why people are not keen to give their best as IOs.

This is a guess. I may be wrong. Just an old fool trying to share.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A very sad turn of events insofar as analytical abilities, perseverance and in-depth knowledge as an IO is concerned.

Truly I don't blame the officers today. There are not that many experienced officers to lead them.

The same is true of the AG Chambers where there are many young legal eagles but very few old timers left..

Soon, another case will make the headlines. Another big error on the part of SPF and AGC.