• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreigners @ Changi Airport Baggage and Boarding Pass Counters - Insincere..

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those that fly may not have missed the presence of "loads" of foreigners manning the check-in counters at all the three terminals at Changi Airport.

Majority of them are from the Phillippines, China and other countries. The former can be easily identified from the rapid rat-a-tat-tat in Tagalog between their fellow colleagues seated on the left and right.

Although these people speak English, the way they pronounce words during a conversation is truly imcomprehensible.

These people lack human qualities like sympathy and empathy. More often then not their smiles are "plastic". They lack eye-contact and the initial smile wears off within seconds. The original frown returns on their frustrated faces.

Many of these do not know their priorities and place quick emphasis when the baggage being checked in is slightly more then the kilos allowed.

Sometimes I wonder why these people are like robots and has to search for their local manager when things become difficult for them to handle.

They are not operationally-attuned and hence indecisive.

Very seldom will these people ever ask whether the contents in the check-in baggage is fragile or not. The onus is on you to tell.

When told about the fragility of the items, they just put a red sticker that seems to lack the strength to remain sticking to the baggage.

When you arrive at the destination and collect the baggage, more often than not, the "FRAGILE" sticker is missing.

The lack of communication skills, display of sympathy or exercising empathy and inherent indecisiveness has led to many a passenger feeling frustrated.

Surely, this sort of "first-encounter" by passengers will leave them frustrated and will not bode well for our national carriers like SIA and SILKAIR.

These people are infact a liability then an asset to the national carriers and all other airlines they service.

I am sure Changi Airport Group (CAG) can employ local retirees.

There are so many such people who are currently free and are spending unneccessary time on the Internet right now.

Rope the local retirees (some of them wizened with age and front-service experience) will become true assets on the job.

These retirees, will become assets in such jobs.

Forummers please contribute your ideas.

Hopefully many of us will man such counters in 2013.

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
[These people lack human qualities like sympathy and empathy. More often then not their smiles are "plastic". They lack eye-contact and the initial smile wears off within seconds. The original frown returns on their frustrated faces.]

For a moment i thought you are talking about typical Sinkie.

It's no polite to stare at people in Asia. Unless you want to piah zhui..:biggrin:

Last edited:

Themicros

Sorry to tell you that you were wrong in all what you wrote above, my reply was joyfully accepted in the forum as it was more that that number of characters allowed. Anyway, if you talk about hiring locals who are surfing the net now, I tell you why not if they accept to work in the same conditions with the same pay . And for your suggestion to hire retires, I can tell you that job requires what retires don't have