• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fall of Aljunied GRC, End of the Low Era

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Following the fall of Aljunied GRC...

there will be intense debate in the CEC over whether Low should step down to allow Pritam Singh/CSM to take the NCMP.... given that JJ was forced out for Ru in the name of Party renewal, but Low himself was to stay on. The hypocrisy was apparent to all but no1 dare to move against Low

Low know that his position is tenuous given the disastrous results in GE 2015 and the mass exodus of members and candidates from WP... with some moving to NSP, SPP, and SDP which now look to be the "IN" opp party.
JJ himself took a few guys with him to SPP.

Low know if he is not in parliament, he will be under immerse pressure to step down sooner or later...

Pulling the ultimate card in his bag... He manage to pressure Png to resign or persuade/force the CEC to sack Png forcing a by-election for him to take Hougang...

Given the acrimonious split over the expulsion of Png which totally decimated the Hougang grassroot... and split the Party for 2nd times in 2 months, more left, Hougang grassroot need to be rebuilt again just as it did after Yaw left...
Some of the core members from Aljunied grassroot returns but others left since mood on Aljunied is now hostile

the gamble failed miserably as Low and WP lose Hougang for the 1st time and Png enter as independent ... leading to zero elected MP for the 1st time since 1981 and WP ... Png become 1st elected to resign and recontest only to lose his deposit.

from 1 elected MP and 8 NCMPs to only 8 NCMPs

The party is split for the 3rd time and Low is forced by all his internal enemies and fake allies to step down.. Gerald is the new sec Gen and Sylvia eventually left politics..

Png quit politics and GMS invite Low to join but Low went on to found a new party which goes nowhere.. There is intense feud with WP for the new Party and 3CF everywhere where WP contest

but Gerald is only the figure head and not the real head given the lack of his contact with the ranks and file.... the politicking intensify and WP never retain its former glory

That is assuming Hougang is retain... If Hougang is not retained.. Low will be finished... as NCMP seat will fall to Png and there is no other way Low can return to Parliament.. so he took the NCMP seats.... Pritam will resign in disappointment...

CSM will sell his Kovan house and return to US ...

Opposition never recovered for the next 50 years from this debacle and with No1 to check the PAP... Singapore fell into decline and eventually join Johor as 1 of the town in Johor, not even a state in malaysia.

but no worry there will always be opportunists around to join as opposition candidates.

Last edited:

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
bDSir4z.jpg

SCgHalR.jpg

davetan3

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally am not against WP. But their replies to the FMSS saga turned me off.
First why was FMSS sacked? No skeletons in the closet?
Also the reply that they are answerable to the people sounds so arrogant. If my project fails audit can I tell my boss I am not answerable to the auditors?
Also they say as long as the estate is cleaned and well maintained good enough. If my project fails audit but my customers are happy, is that good enough?

Why should the WP receive special treatment, dodge answers when I can't? No transparency at all.

LTK says if wrong, CPIB will be in. I say if no wrong then let independent auditors conduct an forensic audit. What is there to be afraid of?