• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Excellent letter that rebuts Minister over PA neutral claim

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Just read Bilahari's reply to JCA. Fucking condescending and arrogant and rude.
Dear Ms Chong:
[Y]ou are certainly entitled to your own opinion and I can live with being called an oxymoron — although in passing I should mention that a “sardonic diplomat” is hardly a rarity in any country but as you cannot be expected to be familiar with diplomacy, I will forgive you that.

However, I must take exception to your assumption that I attended the Cambridge event at the taxpayer’s expense except, of course, in so far as I am a taxpayer too. I was honoured to have been invited by Fitzwilliam College and paid my own way: airfare and accommodation in the UK. So your assumption is untrue. I hope you will correct your blog on this crucial point.

No one or very few people read comments and I trust you will recognise your responsibilities in this regard. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Bilahari Kausikan

I think it's an excellent reply and there is nothing wrong with pointing out the fact that people should not blabber on about things they know nothing about.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides the way the content was written, I thought it reflected badly on him as he disclosed that he paid his own airfare and accommodation to attend a event organised by Cambridge which is not even his alma mater except that they were honouring the Old Man. Who in his right mind pays the bill unless he was a sycophant (a prolumpar). I can understand if it was in Singapore or in this region.

If I paid my own way to visit one of the Ivy League schools to honour a Politician who looked after his family first, took generous discounts without finding out the details, allowed his brother to avoid a disciplinary hearing and allowed his grandsons to attend the local Amercian school while not allowing locals to do so, believe me my entire family, my friends and my associates will spit at me with great revulsion. My enemies will be laughing their head off.

An excellent observation. Now I must somehow incorporate that into my online vocabulary. Should not be difficult since opposition supporters are not the sharpest tools in the shed. Teehee!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CCS the cheebye doggie would have at least gain some respect if he bloody have the balls to admit that PA is part of PAP. Now he just look like a bloody liar/fool/idiot all into 1.

You think all the MP's these days or the PAP members have the balls to say something that is not in the 'script' & voice out their opinions on issues that is against their conscience & do they have any moral fibre?. They are the types that will sell not only their m____ their W___ also for money. Unlike in the past, we have MP who would voice their objection to policies in which they feel in their conscience it is not right....one come to mind...a certain Augustine Tan, MP for Whampoa, I think! & we have President Ong Teng Cheong...& others.

Nowadays they are there for the money, we even have an oncologist who trumpeted himself to be CHEAP....what conscience do they have?..

You think this CCS dare to say it as plain as day....P.A. is P.A.P. :mad:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't see what's wrong with PAP using PA as a proxy to win votes and isolate opposition MPs. It has been done for decades with the approval of the electorate. If the majority of voters support the use of PA to give PAP an unfair advantage, then the opposition have to learn to live with it or switch sides.