• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dotard facing Rape Charge like Wikileak Assange now, 75 yo LCB said Dotard raped her in changing room 1995 approx! Fucked not just Grabbed Pussy!

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/mag...-raped-her-at-a-store-two-decades-ago-2057367

Sections
Home | World
COMMENTS

Magazine Columnist Alleges Trump Raped Her At A Store Two Decades Ago
She said she hoped that telling her story "will empower women to come forward and not feel bad. . . . I blamed myself and I was silent and I felt guilty. I beat up myself terrible."
World | (c) 2019 The Washington Post | Beth Reinhard and Colby Itkowitz, The Washington Post | Updated: June 22, 2019 13:08 IST

EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS

kc9u679_e-jean-carrollus-columnistwp-_625x300_22_June_19.jpg

Jean Carroll claimed she was sexually assaulted by Trump at Bergdorf Goodman in 90's.
Highlights
  1. E Jean Carroll is a New York-based writer and women's advice columnist
  2. She alleges that Trump assaulted her in a Manhattan department store
  3. Trump vigorously denied the accusation, calling it "fake news"

E. Jean Carroll, a New York-based writer and longtime women's advice columnist, accused President Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her more than two decades ago in a dressing room of an upscale Manhattan department store, an episode detailed in a book excerpt published Friday in New York magazine.
In an interview with The Washington Post on Friday afternoon, Carroll reiterated the allegations, saying that during a chance encounter with the then-real estate developer at Bergdorf Goodman in late 1995 or early 1996, Trump attacked her in a dressing room. She said he knocked her head against a wall, pulled down her tights and briefly penetrated her before she pushed him off and ran out.
She said she hoped that telling her story "will empower women to come forward and not feel bad. . . . I blamed myself and I was silent and I felt guilty. I beat up myself terrible."
Carroll, now 75, said she told two close friends about the episode at the time. One of them told The Post on Friday that Carroll described the incident to her shortly after it occurred and that she had unsuccessfully urged Carroll to go to the police.
Trump vigorously denied the accusation, calling it "fake news." He questioned why there was no video footage of the incident or witnesses in the store.
"I've never met this person in my life," the president said in a statement. "She is trying to sell a new book - that should indicate her motivation. It should be sold in the fiction section."
The New York magazine piece includes a photo provided by Carroll of what appears to be Trump pictured from behind, standing with his then-wife, Ivana, and Carroll's then-husband, John Johnson, at what Carroll said was an NBC party around 1987.
In his statement, Trump asked that anyone who has information that Carroll or the magazine were working with the Democratic Party to come forward. "It is a disgrace and people should pay dearly for such false accusations," he said.
Carroll, a registered Democrat, said she voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016. She donated $1,000 this cycle to Emily's List, which supports female candidates who back abortion rights, and $500 to President Barack Obama's reelection campaign in 2012, according to campaign finance records. On Twitter, she has posted several sharp remarks about Trump and retweets of satirical and critical articles about him.
"This is not political," Carroll said of her decision to talk publicly about Trump. "Sexual violence is not political."
Carroll, a longtime advice columnist for Elle magazine, is among 16 women who have publicly accused Trump of sexual misconduct over the past several decades. Most spoke out just weeks before the 2016 election, after The Post published a recording of Trump bragging during a 2005 "Access Hollywood" interview that his celebrity gave him permission to grab women by their genitals.
Trump has denied the allegations and called the women "liars."
One Trump accuser, former "Apprentice" contestant Summer Zervos, is suing the president for defamation in New York, a case in which her lawyers may have the opportunity to question him under oath. Zervos alleges that Trump forcibly kissed and groped her at the Beverly Hills Hotel in December 2007.
Carroll's allegation about Trump is among the most violent of the accusations against him. His ex-wife, Ivana, said in a divorce deposition that he "raped" her in 1989, but later said, "I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense."
Carroll said she didn't come forward in 2016 because other women did, adding that she "didn't have the guts." But now, inspired by the #MeToo movement that began in late 2017, she said, "It's time. It's time."
She said she felt like she had disappointed all the readers of her "Ask E. Jean" column in Elle magazine who have confided in her about their problems with men over the past 26 years. Like many of the women who told her they had been sexually assaulted, Carroll said she blamed herself for the incident. "I thought I was stupid," she said. "I really thought I had done it."
Carroll spoke by phone to The Post hours after New York magazine posted an online excerpt of her forthcoming book, "What Do We Need Men For?" She also did interviews Friday with other news organizations, her publicist said.
Trump is among a number of men who forced themselves on her, Carroll alleges in her book. She writes that Les Moonves, the once-powerful chief executive of CBS who resigned a year ago after several women accused him of sexual misconduct, grabbed her in an elevator of a Beverly Hills hotel after she interviewed him for a 1997 Esquire magazine story.
"He went at me like an octopus," she said. "I actually thought he had grown extra arms."
A spokesman for Moonves referred the The Post to a statement the former CBS chief gave New York magazine, in which he "emphatically denies" the episode. Dana McClintock, a CBS spokesman, declined to comment.
Carroll said her encounter with Trump began one weeknight evening, when she ran into him as she was leaving the department store. At the time, Carroll was hosting a cable television show and she said he recognized her, calling her "that advice lady."
"He was very good looking at the time and personable," she said. She said he asked her to help him pick out a present for a woman. When Carroll asked how old the woman was, she said Trump responded by asking her age. She told him she was 52, to which she said he responded, "You're so old." Trump would have been about 49 at the time.
Carroll said he considered buying a fur hat and then led her up the escalator to the lingerie department. She said the area was empty. He picked up some lingerie, a flimsy gray bodysuit, and asked her to try it on, suggesting she was "in shape, " she said. She said that she responded by urging him to put it on.
"It occurred to me it would be very funny if I could get him to try it on over his pants," she said. "I just thought this was the greatest joke in the world."
But after they walked into the dressing room, she said Trump pinned her against the wall, tried to kiss her and touched her genital area. Then he unzipped his pants and sexually assaulted her.
"It was shocking. I fought, it was against my will," Carroll said, though she didn't scream. "I laughed. That's how I deal with it. Adrenaline was pouring through my body."
Carroll provided The Post with the names of the two friends she said she had told about the incident at the time. One could not be reached Friday evening.
The other friend, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to protect her privacy, said Carroll called her either the day of the alleged attack or the next day and described the assault.
The friend, an author and former TV morning show correspondent, recalled Carroll was laughing slightly manically as she recounted what happened. "It's not funny," the friend said she told Carroll. "He raped you." She said she urged Carroll to go to the police, but she said Carroll refused, saying it was just 15 minutes of her life and she wanted to move on. The friend said Carroll made her promise to never tell anyone.
The alleged incident occurred too long ago to bring charges. Although the New York state legislature ended statutory limits on forceable rape in 2006, the new law applies only to crimes that occurred in 2001 or later.
On the cover of New York magazine, Carroll is featured wearing the black Donna Karan coatdress that she said she had on when Trump attacked her.
https://www.sammyboy.com/javascript:void(0);
She said it has been hanging in the back of her closet since that day and that she has never considered testing it for DNA evidence. She said she has not had sex since the incident.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/06/president-donald-trump-faces-new-rape-accusation.html

E. Jean Carroll: “Trump attacked me in the dressing room of Bergdorf Goodman.”

By Sarah Jones

1319COV_LLS.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg

Photograph by Amanda Demme for New York Magazine. Photo: New York Magazine

The cover story New York published today details an encounter the writer E. Jean Carroll had over two decades ago with Donald J. Trump, in which the then–real-estate mogul allegedly assaulted her in a dressing room of the Bergdorf Goodman department store in midtown Manhattan.

The episode is one of six incidents Carroll details in the article of attacks on her by men over the course of her life. Another episode involves the disgraced former CEO of CBS, Les Moonves. The cover story is an excerpt from her newest book, What Do We Need Men For? A Modest Proposal, which will be published on July 2 by St. Martin’s Press.

When Carroll meets Donald Trump in Bergdorf Goodman, the encounter starts as a friendly one. Trump recognizes her as “that advice lady”; Carroll recognizes him as “that real-estate tycoon.” Trump tells Carroll that he’s there to buy a gift for “a girl,” and though we don’t learn the identity of this mystery woman, Carroll places the ensuing incident in late 1995 or early 1996, during which time Trump was married to Marla Maples. When Trump asks Carroll to advise him on what to buy, she agrees, and the two eventually make their way to the lingerie section. Trump suggests a lace bodysuit and encourages Carroll to try it on; she, deflecting, jokingly suggests that he try it on instead. After they reach the dressing rooms, events turn violent. In Carroll’s account, Trump shoves her against a wall inside a dressing room, pulls down her tights, and, “forcing his fingers around my private area, thrusts his penis halfway — or completely, I’m not certain — inside me.”

Carroll, 75, is a venerated Elle advice columnist. At the time of the attack, she was well known in her own right. A frequent feature writer for magazines like Playboy and Esquire, she had her own television show on America’s Talking, the precursor to MSNBC. Trump had his own record. By the time of his alleged assault on Carroll, Trump’s ex-wife, Ivana, had already claimed that Trump violated her during their marriage. (Ivana recanted the claim after Trump launched his campaign for the presidency.) Further news reports, published in 2016, place at least four other alleged sexual-assault claims, made by Kristin Anderson, Jill Harth, Cathy Heller, and Temple Taggart McDowell, in the years before and during the time period of Carroll’s account.

Carroll is now at least the 16th woman to accuse Donald Trump of sexual misconduct and the 14th to accuse Moonves of similar offenses. The incidents, which date from the 1990s, are highly specific and related with dark humor. Moonves is compared by Carroll to an octopus, and Trump, she writes, “yammers about himself like he’s Alexander the Great ready to loot Babylon.” But she is clear, sometimes clinical, about the violence she experienced. Moonves frantically kisses and gropes her in a hotel elevator moments after she finished interviewing him for an article. The Trump story is even darker.

Carroll says that she disclosed the Trump incident to two friends at the time. One, whom Carroll describes as “a journalist, magazine writer, correspondent on the TV morning shows, author of many books, etc.,” told her to go to the police: “‘He raped you,’ she kept repeating when I called her. ‘He raped you. Go to the police! I’ll go with you. We’ll go together.’” The other, who is also a journalist, was sympathetically cautious: “‘Tell no one. Forget it! He has 200 lawyers. He’ll bury you.’” Carroll writes that the Donna Karan coat-dress she wore that day “still hangs on the back of my closet door.” She wore it for the first time since the attack for her portrait session with New York for the cover, above.

New York has verified that Carroll did disclose the attack to these friends at the time, and has confirmed that Bergdorf Goodman kept no security footage that would prove or disprove Carroll’s story. New York has also sought comment from Moonves and Trump. Through his representative, Moonves told New York that he “emphatically denies” the incident occurred. A senior White House official said in a statement, “This is a completely false and unrealistic story surfacing 25 years after allegedly taking place and was created simply to make the President look bad.”

As for why Carroll has come forward only now, she writes that she dreaded the public humiliation that awaits her. “Receiving death threats, being driven from my home, being dismissed, being dragged through the m&d,” she writes, “and joining the 15 women who’ve come forward with credible stories about how the man grabbed, badgered, belittled, mauled, molested, and assaulted them, only to see the man turn it around, deny, threaten, and attack them, never sounded like much fun.”

Update: In a statement released to the White House Press Pool, Donald Trump denied Carroll’s allegation, saying that ” I’ve never met this person in my life.” The full statement is below.

Regarding the “story” by E. Jean Carroll, claiming she once encountered me at Bergdorf Goodman 23 years ago. I’ve never met this person in my life. She is trying to sell a new book - that should indicate her motivation. It should be sold in the fiction section.

Shame on those who make up false stories of assault to get publicity for themselves, or sell a book, or carry out a political agenda – like Julie Swetnick who falsely accused Justice Brett Kavanaugh. It’s just as bad for people to believe it, particularly when there is zero evidence. Worse still for a dying publication to try to prop itself up by peddling fake news – it’s an epidemic.

Ms. Carroll & New York Magazine: No pictures? No surveillance? No video? No reports? No sales attendants around?? I would like to thank Bergdorf Goodman for confirming they have no video footage of any such incident, because it never happened.

False accusations diminish the severity of real assault. All should condemn false accusations and any actual assault in the strongest possible terms.

If anyone has information that the Democratic Party is working with Ms. Carroll or New York Magazine, please notify us as soon as possible. The world should know what’s really going on. It is a disgrace and people should pay dearly for such false accusations.​

Makeup by Caitlin Wooters at Art Department; Hair by Clay Nielsen at Art Department.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...p-gaslight-e-jean-carroll-rape-sexual-assault
Donald Trump is trying to gaslight us on E. Jean Carroll’s account of rape

The president’s response to the advice columnist’s accusation is to make us doubt our own eyes.

By Laura McGann[email protected] Jun 21, 2019, 8:22pm EDT

610600766.jpg.0.jpg
Donald Trump doesn’t want you to believe E. Jean Carroll. Drew Angerer/Getty Images
Donald Trump deployed half a dozen tactics in a press release on Friday that any abuser would recognize.
Trump’s goal was to get us to question our own eyes and discredit columnist E. Jean Carroll, who described an encounter with Trump in the 1990s that ended in rape.
According to a book excerpt that appeared in New York magazine, Carroll bumped into then-real estate mogul Trump at Bergdorf Goodman in New York. The two recognized each other and they had a friendly back-and-forth. But then Trump became violent, Carroll wrote, going on to describe her rape in a dressing room.
Carroll preempts her critics with some explicit concessions: She did not go to the police. She did not see any sales attendants around. There was no video footage. Her key corroborating evidence is that she told two friends the same story at the time, and New York magazine confirmed the account with them.
Carroll is the 22nd woman to accuse the president of sexual misconduct on the record. Trump has denied these accusations and turned on the women who made them. As Carroll put it in her piece, she feared joining the women “who’ve come forward with credible stories about how the man grabbed, badgered, belittled, mauled, molested, and assaulted them, only to see the man turn it around, deny, threaten, and attack them.”
Her fears came true within hours when Trump released a statement in response to the piece that attempted in several ways to gaslight anyone who read Carroll’s account and threaten any other woman who might want to speak out.
Tactic #1: Inject doubt
“I’ve never met this person in my life.”
When I read this line, I paused. I could have sworn New York magazine published a photo showed Trump and Carroll together. Maybe I had misunderstood. Maybe I was wrong about what I saw. Maybe the publication pulled a fast one on me.
No. I was right. A photo is clearly embedded in the story.
Even if Trump didn’t remember Carroll, he certainly read the article and would have seen the photo of himself with her. It’s just not true that he never met her — and he knows it. Trump is deliberately putting readers back on their heels, making them doubt their own eyes.
Tactic #2: Misdirect
“Shame on those who make up false stories of assault to try to get publicity for themselves, or sell a book, or carry out a political agenda—like Julie Swetnick who falsely accused Justice Brett Kavanaugh.”
An obvious parallel to Carroll’s story is Christine Blasey Ford’s. Like Carroll, Ford is an accomplished, professional, well-spoken woman who told the world a detailed, deeply personal story about a powerful man. She sat in front of a Senate committee for hours and answered questions about her account of an encounter with Brett Kavanaugh in high school in which she says he attempted to rape her. Most Americans found her credible.
Trump is attempting to make us forget that Ford was at the center of the Kavanaugh controversy, instead bringing up a woman named Julie Swetnick, who said she saw Kavanaugh acting inappropriately at parties when they were in high school. Swetnick’s account was far less specific and detailed as Christine Ford’s account. She couldn’t establish that they knew each other. Her story was thus less compelling and less reliable. It was covered in the national media, but it was not the defining storyline of the Kavanaugh nomination.
Trump is trying to rewrite history, to make us forget what really happened with Kavanaugh. He’s trying to shift the comparison from Ford to weaken Carroll, to make us hold her less regard.
Tactic #3: Play up irrelevant details
“Ms. Carroll & New York Magazine: No pictures? No surveillance? No video? No reports? No sales attendants around??”
Carroll wrote that there was no one around to witness the assault. She did not tell the police. The store didn’t have surveillance. No one was standing by to take a photo. This would all be helpful evidence, certainly, but the lack of it doesn’t mean that her story isn’t true.
And while Trump plays up these examples of non-existent evidence, he doesn’t address the existing corroborating evidence — that 20 years ago she told two friends who remember the details today. If he did, he’d draw attention to a significant detail in her favor. And he’d have to call not just one successful and established woman in media a liar — but three. Rather than confront the relevant detail, he’d rather get us to think about the irrelevant details.
Tactic #5: Play the victim
“False accusations diminish the severity of real assault. All should condemn false accusations and any actual assault in the strongest possible terms.”
Trump wants us to feel sorry for him. It’s a sleight of hand. He’s attempting to get us to look at him not as the abuser, but as the victim. In turn, that makes Carroll the villain. This isn’t novel. It’s what abusers do. And it’s something Carroll specifically feared.
Tactic #6: Cryptic threat of violence
“The world should know what’s really going on. It is a disgrace and people should pay dearly for such false accusations.”
Trump doesn’t say he wants someone to hurt Carroll. He doesn’t say he wants his mass digital following to attack her. But the implication is there for anyone who supports him to read into if they wish.
Trump knows this. Ford has moved repeatedly after receiving death threats. He’s seen what happens to people he targets on Twitter. He can claim he didn’t mean to incite anyone, but he knows he’s done it before.
He’s also not just warning Carroll. He says “people should pay dearly” — as in, anyone who might come forward in the future. Trump wants to keep accusers afraid. So far, on more than 20 women, it hasn’t worked.

In this Storystream

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/uni...-never-had-sex-again-us-talk-show-host-e-jean
United States & Canada
‘I never had sex again’: US talk show host E. Jean Carroll claims Donald Trump raped her in a Manhattan shop in the 1990s
  • In a long essay in New York magazine, journalist claims Trump forced himself on her in a dressing room after asking her to try on a ‘see-through bodysuit’

ed64e8d0-9497-11e9-a6c8-8445313d8ede_image_hires_120744.JPG

Donald Trump and his wife at the time Ivana in New York in December 1989. Photo: AFP
A veteran New York lifestyle journalist claimed on Friday that
Donald Trump
raped her in a dressing room at a ritzy Manhattan department store in the mid-1990s – one of the most serious accusations of sexual assault made against the president.
E. Jean Carroll – who hosted a talk show on US television between 1994 and 1996 and wrote a popular advice column for Elle – made the claim in an essay published in New York magazine.
7af8a9c8-9495-11e9-a6c8-8445313d8ede_1320x770_120744.jpg

People lining up to enter the Bergdorf Goodman store in New York. Photo: AP
Share:

Now 75, Carroll said the alleged rape took place in autumn 1995 or spring 1996 while she was shopping at Bergdorf Goodman in Midtown.
Trump – who has been accused of sexual misconduct by at least 19 women and bragged on tape about
grabbing women
by the genitals – denied Carroll’s allegations, insisting he has “never met” her.
But a photograph included in Carroll’s essay appears to show her with Trump at a party in 1987.
“Shame on those who make up false stories of assault to try to get publicity for themselves, or sell a book, or carry out a political agenda,” Trump said. “It’s just as bad for people to believe it, particularly when there is zero evidence.”
SUBSCRIBE TO SCMP Today: Intl Edition
Get updates direct to your inbox

By registering for these newsletters you agree to our T&C and Privacy Policy
The president praised Bergdorf Goodman, saying the shop confirmed it had “no video footage of any such incident, because it never happened”.

In her essay, Carroll said the department store told her it no longer has tapes from those years. Contrary to Trump’s claim, Bergdorf Goodman did not say the tapes never existed, according to Carroll.
While a number of women have accused Trump of sexual harassment and assault, Carroll is first to accuse him of rape. Trump’s first wife, Ivana, claimed he raped her in the late 1980s, but later said she had not meant rape in the “criminal sense”.

51988d2a-9498-11e9-a6c8-8445313d8ede_1320x770_120744.jpg

Carroll, Donald and Ivana Trump and John Johnson at an NBC party around 1987. Photo: E. Jean Carroll/Twitter
Share:
At the time of Carroll’s alleged rape, Trump was a high-rolling Manhattan real estate mogul and married to his second wife, actress Marla Maples.
According to Carroll, Trump approached her as she was walking out of Bergdorf Goodman and asked whether she could give him advice on a present he was getting for “a girl”.
Carroll said she was “charmed” by the request and strolled through the shop with Trump. She said they sifted through clothes and other items until Trump suggested they go to the lingerie section.
Trump quickly set his eyes on a lilac “see-through bodysuit”, according to Carroll.
“Go try this on,” Trump allegedly told her.
‘Trump says it’s OK’: US man accused of grabbing woman’s breast during Southwest flight invokes presidential defence
Carroll wrote that she agreed because it was going to be “hilarious”, so they headed to the dressing room. In hindsight she wrote that she felt embarrassed by her “stupidity”.
Carroll claims what happened next left her with mental scars.
“The moment the dressing-room door is closed, he lunges at me, pushes me against the wall, hitting my head quite badly, and puts his mouth against my lips,” Carroll wrote. “I am so shocked I shove him back and start laughing again. He seizes both my arms and pushes me up against the wall a second time, and, as I become aware of how large he is, he holds me against the wall with his shoulder and jams his hand under my coat dress and pulls down my tights.”
7b84831c-9495-11e9-a6c8-8445313d8ede_1320x770_120744.jpg

E. Jean Carroll at an Elle cocktail party in New York in 2015. Photo: AFP
Share:
Carroll claimed “a colossal struggle” ensued as he sexually assaulted her “still wearing correct business attire, shirt, tie, suit jacket, overcoat”.
She said she panicked, managed to “get a knee up” and push him out.
“I turn, open the door, and run out,” she wrote.
Carroll said the “whole episode” was over in three minutes.
“I run through the store and out the door – I don’t recall which door – and find myself outside on Fifth Avenue,” she said.
Donald Trump’s G20 meeting with Xi Jinping in Osaka could again be a formal dinner, source says
Carroll claims she told two friends about the alleged incident but never reported it to police. Both friends corroborated Carroll’s claim to New York magazine.
“Whether it’s my age, the fact that I haven’t met anyone fascinating enough over the past couple of decades ... or if it’s the blot of the real-estate tycoon, I can’t say,” she wrote. “But I have never had sex with anybody ever again.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48727972

Trump dismisses E. Jean Carroll rape allegation as 'fiction'

• 22 June 2019

Image copyright Getty Images
US President Donald Trump has dismissed allegations that he raped a woman in a department store dressing room in the mid-1990s as "fiction".
The US president says he never met E. Jean Carroll and accuses her of making up the allegation to sell a new book.
Ms Carroll says she did not report the alleged attack at the time after being advised by a friend she had no chance of winning in court.
Her story was published in New York magazine on Friday.
More than a dozen women have previously made sexual misconduct allegations against Mr Trump, which he has denied.
What does E. Jean Carroll allege?
In the article, she describes meeting Mr Trump in late 1995 or early 1996, in Bergdorf Goodman. She says she recognised him as the "real estate tycoon" and that he told her he was buying a present for "a girl".
She says Mr Trump knew she was a TV agony aunt and the two joked around, encouraging each other to try on some lingerie.
She alleges that they then went to a dressing room, where she accuses him of raping her.
Both Mr Trump and Ms Carroll were aged around 50 at the time, and he was married to Marla Maples.
Ms Carroll says she told two friends about the alleged incident, one of whom advised her to go to the police.
But she says the other advised her against telling anyone saying: "Forget it! He has 200 lawyers. He'll bury you."
The accusation is one of six alleged attacks by "awful men" that Ms Carroll details in her article.
Another alleged incident involves Les Moonves, the former CEO of CBS. He resigned in 2018 after allegations of sexual misconduct.
Mr Moonves' representative told New York magazine he "emphatically denies" the incident.
Ms Carroll ends the article by saying Mr Trump was her "last hideous man" and she has not had sex since then.
How did Trump respond?
"I've never met this person in my life," the US president said in a statement. "She is trying to sell a new book - that should indicate her motivation. It should be sold in the fiction section."
Mr Trump encouraged anyone with information that the Democratic Party is working with Ms Carroll or New York Magazine to notify the White House.

He accused the publication of "peddling fake news".
"Shame on those who make up false stories of assault to try to get publicity for themselves, or sell a book, or carry out a political agenda," he said.
"It's just as bad for people to believe it, particularly when there is zero evidence," he added.
In his statement, Mr Trump thanked Bergdorf Goodman, the upmarket New York department store where the incident allegedly took place, for "confirming they have no video footage of any such incident".