• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you know there’s such a thing as appendix cancer and got people died from it?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_8526.jpeg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6604129

Kylee Carnegie-Middlebrook
Kylee Carnegie-Middlebrook, 30, says it was extremely difficult to hear that there was nothing more doctors in Canada could do for her. The Harrow, Ont., resident was diagnosed with cancer shortly after getting married four years ago. (Jennifer La Grassa/CBC)
For the last four years, Kylee Carnegie-Middlebrook has done everything she can to get rid of the cancer that's continued to grow inside of her.
But in February, she said, doctors told her the disease had spread beyond control and advised her to begin palliative treatments.
"It was like total devastation," Carnegie-Middlebrook, 30, and a resident of Harrow, Ont., told CBC News.
ADVERTISEMENT
"I felt like I had spent so much time telling myself that I never wanted to get to that point, and I heard the words and my whole world just fell apart."
Carnegie-Middlebrook was diagnosed with appendix cancer in 2018 shortly after getting married. She said Canadian doctors who treat this type of cancer have denied her the surgery she feels she needs to save her life.
It's my life. I know I'm just a patient to them, but 'no' was the answer. - Kylee Carnegie-Middlebrook on not being approved for cancer surgery in Canada
Carnegie-Middlebrook had already undergone cytoreductive surgery (CRS) with heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) once before at Toronto's Mount Sinai Hospital, two years after her diagnosis of this rare form of cancer. The procedure involves removing cancerous tumours from the abdominal cavity, which is then bathed in hot chemotherapy to kill any microscopic cancer cells. Her appendix was removed and the cancer had spread inside her abdomen.
Carnegie-Middlebrook said Canadian doctors have told her that her cancer is now inoperable, so they won't perform the CRS with HIPEC surgery again. But next month, Carnegie-Middlebrook plans to undergo the surgery at Allegheny Health Network in Pittsburgh, Penn., at a cost of $100,000 Cdn.
"It's scary, honestly," Carnegie-Middlebrook said about travelling outside Canada for care.
"It's tough thinking you'll go into an enormous amount of debt to save your life."
ADVERTISEMENT
CBC News has also heard from one other person dealing with cancer at the time who had been denied the CRS with HIPEC surgery in Canada, but was able to get it in the United States. Two and a half years after this surgery, the person said they have "no evidence of progressive disease."

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Carnegie-Middlebrook had already undergone cytoreductive surgery (CRS) with heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) once before at Toronto's Mount Sinai Hospital, two years after her diagnosis of this rare form of cancer. The procedure involves removing cancerous tumours from the abdominal cavity, which is then bathed in hot chemotherapy to kill any microscopic cancer cells. Her appendix was removed and the cancer had spread inside her abdomen.
Carnegie-Middlebrook said Canadian doctors have told her that her cancer is now inoperable, so they won't perform the CRS with HIPEC surgery again. But next month, Carnegie-Middlebrook plans to undergo the surgery at Allegheny Health Network in Pittsburgh, Penn., at a cost of $100,000 Cdn.
Already done once in Canada. So no use and second time not offered. Yes she has died despite the second HIPEC. Canada healthcare still good. Spore will be zero time HIPEC unless you pay for it. Will sinkie insurers pay for such 100k operation?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Already done once in Canada. So no use and second time not offered. Yes she has died despite the second HIPEC. Canada healthcare still good. Spore will be zero time HIPEC unless you pay for it. Will sinkie insurers pay for such 100k operation?
I read the obituary again didn’t say she did second HIPEC surgery although there’s gofundme for the surgery. She could have died before that.