• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Did the Worker's Party discipline clown liar - MP Raeesah Khan? (KNN Lanjiao WP no standards!)

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
She comes across as some pretentious cunt, who will readily play the victim card when it suits her.

How long did she study overseas? She spoke with this fake sounding accent.

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plan B safer no need to go for broke.

IMG_20211103_012349.jpg

IMG_20211103_012632.jpg

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not surprising that sinkees have bought into the PAP narrative.

Sinkees should give Khan the benefit of doubt because of the control the PAP has over the people and entities.

Khan shared a true story. But the victim did not want to come out publicly to back her up, leaving Khan no choice but to apologize and retract. What role did the PAP play in this? God knows.

Next time, Khan will be smarter in NOT trusting sinkees.

It will be interesting to see how the PAP is going to force her resign ...will that trigger a by-election for this GRC? Khan is just one member of the GRC, so there is no basis to trigger a by-election.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that is the case, WP is the controlled opposition, not a true opposition. When PAP failed big time, suddenly a controlled opposition ( being ordered) is there to try to make opposition look bad.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Khan shared a true story. But the victim did not want to come out publicly to back her up, leaving Khan no choice but to apologize and retract. What role did the PAP play in this? God knows.

Next time, Khan will be smarter in NOT trusting sinkees.
yes this is the nub of it. is there any way at all to prove the story is true without compromising the victim of the assault?

the narrative has quickly shifted from insensitivity of police officers towards victims of sexual abuse to a lying MP.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not follow the story so far. But since she admitted lying???? Then how could this thing can happen within WP that have been in politics for decades starting JBJ time? Their leadership are senior enough to manage the party. Most important they have limited chair in parliament already. I hate to say this but is it WP a sub branch of Ruling party to wayang make opposition bad image??? Could this be the fall of WP

a_korusawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not follow the story so far. But since she admitted lying???? Then how could this thing can happen within WP that have been in politics for decades starting JBJ time? Their leadership are senior enough to manage the party. Most important they have limited chair in parliament already. I hate to say this but is it WP a sub branch of Ruling party to wayang make opposition bad image??? Could this be the fall of WP

there's nothing to fall of wp. wp existence is financed by pappy when ltk bowed to suckup the thinny winnie ljloong since aljunied case!
none of wp will go to jail less intentional criminal jurisdictions outside politics
ltk, like chee have taken the same packages
pritam is working towards the same packages
chiam is the obstinate & stubborn one whom refused the package but kana crossed by chee
ah bok gave up liao

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

WP MP Raeesah Khan referred to committee after admitting she lied to Parliament about sexual assault case​

rei_kurohi.png

Rei Kurohi

• UPDATED
    8 HOURS AGO
FACEBOOKTWITTER

SINGAPORE - Workers' Party (WP) MP Raeesah Khan will have to appear before the Committee of Privileges, after she admitted to lying in Parliament about details of a sexual assault case that she alleged was mishandled by the police.
On Monday (Nov 1), she apologised in Parliament to the Singapore Police Force and retracted an anecdote she had shared of the alleged incident.
In explaining why she had made up details of that case, Ms Raeesah, 27, said she lacked the courage to admit that she was part of a support group for women, where the story was shared, as she herself had been a victim of sexual assault at the age of 18.

Leader of the House Indranee Rajah said Ms Raeesah (Sengkang GRC) had lied to Parliament on three occasions, after clarifying details of the matter with the WP MP when she finished her statement.

She raised an official complaint against Ms Raeesah for breaching her parliamentary privilege, and asked for the matter to be referred to the Committee of Privileges, which looks into any complaint alleging breaches of parliamentary privilege. Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan-Jin agreed to do so.
Ms Raeesah had told the House during a debate on empowering women on Aug 3 that she had accompanied a 25-year-old rape victim to a police station to make a police report three years ago, and the police officer who interviewed the victim had allegedly made inappropriate comments about her dressing and the fact that she was drinking.

On Monday (Nov 1), she admitted that she had not accompanied the victim to the police station. Instead, she said the victim had shared the account in a support group for women, which Ms Raeesah herself was a part of, and that she did not have the victim's consent to share the story in Parliament.

"I did not share that I was a part of the group, as I did not have the courage to publicly admit that I was part of it. I attended the support group because I myself am a survivor of sexual assault," she said.

Ms Raeesah said she was sexually assaulted as an 18-year-old while studying abroad. The experience continues to traumatise her to this day, she added.
"Unlike the survivor whose anecdote I shared in this House, I did not have the courage to report my own assault. Yet, as a survivor, I wanted so deeply to speak up and also share the account I had heard when speaking on the motion, without revealing my own private experience.

"I should not have shared the survivor's anecdote without her consent, nor should I have said that I accompanied her to the police station when I had not. It was wrong of me to do so."

Ms Raeesah also apologised to the survivor whose story she had shared, Parliament, her Sengkang constituents and residents, the WP, and her family.
Ms Indranee noted that Ms Raeesah had confirmed that did not have any details of the police case and was thus unable to substantiate her allegation when she made her statement in August.

Her actions had resulted in “a cloud hanging over the police” and caused them to devote time and resources to investigate the alleged incident. It also does a “great disservice” to the survivors of sexual assault and rape victims, Ms Indranee added.

In a statement posted on Facebook, Leader of the Opposition Pritam Singh said Ms Raeesah should not have shared in the House an account that contained untruths.

The WP secretary-general noted that the Parliament (Privileges, Immunities and Powers) Act gives an MP significant freedom of speech, to the extent that what is said in Parliament cannot be impeached or questioned outside Parliament.

“However, this freedom of speech does not extend to communicating untruthful accounts, even if an MP’s motives are not malicious,” Mr Singh said. “(Ms Raeesah) shared with me that she wanted to set the record straight in Parliament. This was the correct thing to do.”

Ms Indranee said she was raising the complaint to the Committee of Privileges with great reluctance as she had sympathy for Ms Raeesah’s personal circumstances.

“But as Leader of the House, I also have a responsibility and that is to ensure that in this Chamber, all MPs discharge their duties faithfully, accountably and responsibly. Any breaches of privilege have to be dealt with,” she said.

View attachment 126322

The eight-member Committee of Privileges is chaired by the Speaker of Parliament. Its other members are Ms Indranee, Home Affairs and Law Minister K. Shanmugam, Minister for Sustainability and the Environment Grace Fu, Minister for Social and Family Development Masagos Zulkifli, National Development Minister Desmond Lee, Mr Don Wee (Chua Chu Kang GRC) and WP MP Dennis Tan (Hougang).

Ms Indranee said she and Mr Shanmugam would recuse themselves as she had made the complaint, while his ministry was involved.

Under the Parliament (Privileges, Immunities and Powers) Act, Parliament can take action against MPs found to have breached their parliamentary privileges. The punishments include a jail term not extending beyond the current session of Parliament; a fine of up to $50,000; suspension; a reprimand from the Speaker; or any combination of the above.

MPs can also have their privileges and immunities suspended, which means they can be liable to civil proceedings for anything they said in Parliament.

The late WP chief J.B. Jeyaretnam was referred to the Committee of Privileges four times – once in 1982 and three times in 1986 – for accusing the Government of tampering with the judiciary on multiple occasions, and the police of abusing their powers of detention.

He was fined $1,000 for two counts of breach of parliamentary privilege – the maximum fine at that time. Later, he was also fined $25,000 for publishing a distorted report of the committee’s proceedings and $1,000 for not declaring a pecuniary interest in a question he raised.
lianbeng wonders if she's imprisoned for lying or not? if not, why leh?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Contrast how Yaw Shin Leong was treated by the wankers party n now look at the treatment of the racist khan...glad to see she is dragging the wankers party down.