• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dead body found in car at National Stadium

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Updated: 10th June 2009, 2115 hrs
Dead body found in car at National Stadium

A dead body has been found in a car parked at the National Stadium.

According to Mr Chai who called the Mediacorp Hotline, the deceased is a Chinese man.

Mr Chai said his colleague was the one who first noticed the car at 6 this morning, and saw a man sleeping inside.

When his colleague came back later to retrieve his car, he instructed Mr Chai to check on the man again after he finished work.

"Because my colleague is on the early shift, and I am on the late shift, so he asked me to check again after I got off work to see if the guy is still there. When I reached there, I noticed that this guy was lying there, unconscious with his mouth open. I tapped on the window and there was no response. When I went behind the car, I saw a duct tape stuck around the edges of the boot and there was a washing machine host going around car, a silver color Hyundai MPV."

Police said they received a call at 7:40 in the evening.

The middle aged man was subsequently pronounced dead by paramedics shortly after 8 in the evening.

Police are classifying this as a case of unnatural death.

Investigations are ongoing.

Dean Graziosi

HI,

Many consider Singapore a safe tourist destination but every few years, its legal system makes headlines.

On a two-day stopover in Singapore, Renee Posnikoff went through the familiar paces of clearing customs. Upon arriving at the customs desk, Posnikoff was asked if she had any chewing gum. She produced five packs from her luggage, all of which were instantly taken away. Luckily, Posnikoff turned in the chewing gum when given the chance. Had she been caught with it inside the country, she could have faced fines up to $8,600 Cdn and a sentence of up to a year in jail. The leaflet customs officials handed her warned of other civic violations with heavy fines such as spitting, littering, or dropping cigarette butts on the street.

Considered one of the cleanest, greenest cities in the world, Singapore is a popular tourist destination, receiving over eight million visitors a year. At just 700 sq. kms, Singapore has an annual GDP that competes with leading nations of Europe. This gives it the world’s fourth most competitive economy, placing it ahead of the United States. The city-state also boasts a high standard of living, low unemployment, and a literacy rate of 98 percent. Singapore has 12 times the population of Vancouver but just half the crime rate.

With statistics like these, it’s no wonder Singapore attracts so many visitors. However, travellers planning to visit the self-proclaimed “Garden City of Asia” should be aware of the country’s strict laws and severe penalties.

Carla Arial has travelled all over the world and considers Singapore the cleanest country she’s ever visited. Despite the strict enforcement of laws, Arial didn’t notice a strong police presence. Of the officers she did see, most were on foot and simply giving people directions. Although she didn't know it was illegal at the time, Arial admitted to jaywalking in Singapore. Had she been caught, she could have faced a fine of $83 Cdn. But like most tourists, Arial enjoyed her stay in Singapore and managed to keep out of trouble.

thanks!

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
HI,

Many consider Singapore a safe tourist destination but every few years, its legal system makes headlines.

On a two-day stopover in Singapore, Renee Posnikoff went through the familiar paces of clearing customs. Upon arriving at the customs desk, Posnikoff was asked if she had any chewing gum. She produced five packs from her luggage, all of which were instantly taken away. Luckily, Posnikoff turned in the chewing gum when given the chance. Had she been caught with it inside the country, she could have faced fines up to $8,600 Cdn and a sentence of up to a year in jail. The leaflet customs officials handed her warned of other civic violations with heavy fines such as spitting, littering, or dropping cigarette butts on the street.

Considered one of the cleanest, greenest cities in the world, Singapore is a popular tourist destination, receiving over eight million visitors a year. At just 700 sq. kms, Singapore has an annual GDP that competes with leading nations of Europe. This gives it the world’s fourth most competitive economy, placing it ahead of the United States. The city-state also boasts a high standard of living, low unemployment, and a literacy rate of 98 percent. Singapore has 12 times the population of Vancouver but just half the crime rate.

With statistics like these, it’s no wonder Singapore attracts so many visitors. However, travellers planning to visit the self-proclaimed “Garden City of Asia” should be aware of the country’s strict laws and severe penalties.

Carla Arial has travelled all over the world and considers Singapore the cleanest country she’s ever visited. Despite the strict enforcement of laws, Arial didn’t notice a strong police presence. Of the officers she did see, most were on foot and simply giving people directions. Although she didn't know it was illegal at the time, Arial admitted to jaywalking in Singapore. Had she been caught, she could have faced a fine of $83 Cdn. But like most tourists, Arial enjoyed her stay in Singapore and managed to keep out of trouble.

thanks!

WTF is this about?? Stop spamming lah!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WTF is this about?? Stop spamming lah
Just mixed (or crossed) signals... or maybe resurrection from stadium corpse:eek::p
Dean Graziosi said:
Singapore a safe tourist destination but every few years, its legal system makes headlines....Posnikoff turned in the chewing gum when given the chance. Had she been caught with it inside the country, she could have faced fines up to $8,600 Cdn and a sentence of up to a year in jail.
..Arial admitted to jaywalking in Singapore. Had she been caught, she could have faced a fine of $83 Cdn. But like most tourists, Arial enjoyed her stay in Singapore and managed to keep out of trouble.