• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Classic PAP defensive response: don't politics Seah Kian Peng's going to market!

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seah Kian Peng explains his “walkabout”; “I hope we don’t politicise this matter”, said the politician
The Online Citizen
by The Online Citizen
28/04/2020
in Current Affairs
4 min read
PAP MP Seah Kian Peng

PAP MP Seah Kian Peng

Member of Parliament for Marine Parade GRC, Seah Kian Peng said that he hopes that his solo walk around the various kopitiams and wet market at the constituency, will not be politicised.
This was said in response to online criticism of his playing the role of a safe distancing ambassador (SDA) while strict social-distancing measures are in place due to the “Circuit Breaker”.
Mr Seah who is also group CEO of NTUC FairPrice, had earlier posted a photo on his Facebook page, showing him taking a selfie with a market stallholder on Sunday (26 April).
“This morning, I walked alone through the various kopitiams as well the wet market, playing the role of a safe distancing ambassador (SDA),” he said.

He said he talked to some residents and merchants as well as group of SDAs when they were having their lunch break, and made a few observations:
  1. Compliance is high;
  2. Merchants and residents all understood importance of wearing a face mask and the need for safe distancing and we are all getting used to it;
  3. Temperature screening and crowd control measures were in place at popular places like supermarkets and wet market;
  4. For those who sometimes forget, a gentle reminder to keep to safe distancing is all that is required;
  5. Even with a mask on, most people seem to be able to recognize me.
His last observation is interesting. He said most of the people could recognize him even though he was wearing a mask. He seems to be more concerned about people recognizing him.

Copy video url
Play / Pause
Mute / Unmute
Report a problem
Language
Mox Player

In response to CNA queries, Mr Seah said he has been working from home “almost the entire week”, and that he was out on Sunday as he had to sign some documents at the community club.
“I also went to check on how things were at the two FairPrice supermarkets in vicinity (this is part of my job to find out from time to time how operations were and situation is on the ground),” said Mr Seah.
“At same time as I walked through the estate, I would pass by the kopitiams in (the) estate, wet market too. And I thus made those observations. At all times observing safe distancing rules. Based on what I saw, happy that things are all in order,” he explained.
“One or two merchants in wet market had some feedback for me as well. All short conversations. Another two residents who saw me had some enquiries for me which I gave them my advice accordingly. All parties concerned observed the safe distancing rules.”
Mr Seah also added hashtags that include #socialdistancing and #walkabout.
Since the start of the circuit breaker period on 7 April 2020, 3,000 Enforcement Officers (EOs), and SG Clean and Safe Distancing Ambassadors have been deployed daily to public spaces in HDB estates across Singapore to ensure elevated safe distancing measures are observed.

They come from almost 50 public agencies and include non-public servants recruited from the hospitality and aviation sectors, as well as volunteers recruited by the People’s Association and other Government agencies.
seah-kian-peng-FB-26-April-302x450.png

Mr Seah told CNA on Monday (27 April): “I hope we don’t politicise this matter. It appears that some are clearly wanting to do so.”
He added: “If people want to volunteer as a SDA, it takes a few hours a day and some of them especially during the initial period had it rough. So it is work for them.
“Let’s focus on what we all need to do. And work as a team whether you are part of those providing essential services or WFH. If I can make a call out, I hope all of us make things easy for the essential workers and also SDA and let us continue to show our appreciation to all those who are going to work day in, day out to provide these essential services for us.”
PAP announces suspension of its ground engagement activities
Two weeks ago (13 Apr), the People’s Action Party (PAP) made a post on its Facebook page announcing that it will suspend its usual ground engagements such as market visits and home visits, and Meet-the-People Sessions in light of the COVID-19 outbreak (‘People’s Action Party posts on its Facebook page, announcing for the first time that it will suspend its ground engagement‘).
While it did not mention any reason for this announcement, it has been speculated that the announcement was linked to the barrage of criticism the party had received over a “walkabout” conducted by its MP Chia Shi Lu at the Alexander Village Food Centre the day before (‘PAP MP Chia Shi Lu: We’re not doing walkabout but educating people to wear masks at hawker centre‘).
Dr Chia is a Member of Parliament of Tanjong Pagar GRC, led by Trade and Industry Minister Chan Chun Sing. He is also the Chairman of the Government Parliamentary Committee for Health.
Defending himself later, Dr Chia told Straits Timesthat he was at the food centre to “encourage hawkers to wear masks”. He added that the group accompanying him was kept small – fewer than five people. It was noted that he was also accompanied by at least one reporter and photographer from the Chinese media.
He denied doing a walkabout, “We were not doing a walkabout, we were there to tell people to wear masks when serving and please wear masks, it was more an education thing.”
After news of Dr Chia’s “educational” walkabout broke, former Workers’ Party (WP) non-constituency MP Yee Jenn Jong commented on his Facebook page saying that he hoped leaders from the ruling party could set a “good example” in the fight against the coronavirus, noting that the WP had suspended its outreach activities.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Seah told CNA on Monday (27 April): “I hope we don’t politicise this matter. It appears that some are clearly wanting to do so.”
He added: “If people want to volunteer as a SDA, it takes a few hours a day and some of them especially during the initial period had it rough. So it is work for them.
“Let’s focus on what we all need to do. And work as a team whether you are part of those providing essential services or WFH. If I can make a call out, I hope all of us make things easy for the essential workers and also SDA and let us continue to show our appreciation to all those who are going to work day in, day out to provide these essential services for us.”

Notice how in a very short time, this short ass is trying to short-circuit the whole discussion from talking about his short
foresight to one where people should be out doing things...

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Politician doing all their stuff and ask people not to politicalise things they commit???
Come on, Mr Seah. Grow up !

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If liddat then all PAP MPs please now go and walk your hawker centres and wet markets and act as SDAs.

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seah Kian Peng explains his “walkabout”; “I hope we don’t politicise this matter”, said the politician
The Online Citizen
by The Online Citizen
28/04/2020
in Current Affairs
4 min read
PAP MP Seah Kian Peng

PAP MP Seah Kian Peng

Member of Parliament for Marine Parade GRC, Seah Kian Peng said that he hopes that his solo walk around the various kopitiams and wet market at the constituency, will not be politicised.
This was said in response to online criticism of his playing the role of a safe distancing ambassador (SDA) while strict social-distancing measures are in place due to the “Circuit Breaker”.
Mr Seah who is also group CEO of NTUC FairPrice, had earlier posted a photo on his Facebook page, showing him taking a selfie with a market stallholder on Sunday (26 April).
“This morning, I walked alone through the various kopitiams as well the wet market, playing the role of a safe distancing ambassador (SDA),” he said.

He said he talked to some residents and merchants as well as group of SDAs when they were having their lunch break, and made a few observations:
  1. Compliance is high;
  2. Merchants and residents all understood importance of wearing a face mask and the need for safe distancing and we are all getting used to it;
  3. Temperature screening and crowd control measures were in place at popular places like supermarkets and wet market;
  4. For those who sometimes forget, a gentle reminder to keep to safe distancing is all that is required;
  5. Even with a mask on, most people seem to be able to recognize me.
His last observation is interesting. He said most of the people could recognize him even though he was wearing a mask. He seems to be more concerned about people recognizing him.

Copy video url
Play / Pause
Mute / Unmute
Report a problem
Language
Mox Player

In response to CNA queries, Mr Seah said he has been working from home “almost the entire week”, and that he was out on Sunday as he had to sign some documents at the community club.
“I also went to check on how things were at the two FairPrice supermarkets in vicinity (this is part of my job to find out from time to time how operations were and situation is on the ground),” said Mr Seah.
“At same time as I walked through the estate, I would pass by the kopitiams in (the) estate, wet market too. And I thus made those observations. At all times observing safe distancing rules. Based on what I saw, happy that things are all in order,” he explained.
“One or two merchants in wet market had some feedback for me as well. All short conversations. Another two residents who saw me had some enquiries for me which I gave them my advice accordingly. All parties concerned observed the safe distancing rules.”
Mr Seah also added hashtags that include #socialdistancing and #walkabout.
Since the start of the circuit breaker period on 7 April 2020, 3,000 Enforcement Officers (EOs), and SG Clean and Safe Distancing Ambassadors have been deployed daily to public spaces in HDB estates across Singapore to ensure elevated safe distancing measures are observed.

They come from almost 50 public agencies and include non-public servants recruited from the hospitality and aviation sectors, as well as volunteers recruited by the People’s Association and other Government agencies.
seah-kian-peng-FB-26-April-302x450.png

PAP announces suspension of its ground engagement activities
Two weeks ago (13 Apr), the People’s Action Party (PAP) made a post on its Facebook page announcing that it will suspend its usual ground engagements such as market visits and home visits, and Meet-the-People Sessions in light of the COVID-19 outbreak (‘People’s Action Party posts on its Facebook page, announcing for the first time that it will suspend its ground engagement‘).
While it did not mention any reason for this announcement, it has been speculated that the announcement was linked to the barrage of criticism the party had received over a “walkabout” conducted by its MP Chia Shi Lu at the Alexander Village Food Centre the day before (‘PAP MP Chia Shi Lu: We’re not doing walkabout but educating people to wear masks at hawker centre‘).
Dr Chia is a Member of Parliament of Tanjong Pagar GRC, led by Trade and Industry Minister Chan Chun Sing. He is also the Chairman of the Government Parliamentary Committee for Health.
Defending himself later, Dr Chia told Straits Timesthat he was at the food centre to “encourage hawkers to wear masks”. He added that the group accompanying him was kept small – fewer than five people. It was noted that he was also accompanied by at least one reporter and photographer from the Chinese media.
He denied doing a walkabout, “We were not doing a walkabout, we were there to tell people to wear masks when serving and please wear masks, it was more an education thing.”
After news of Dr Chia’s “educational” walkabout broke, former Workers’ Party (WP) non-constituency MP Yee Jenn Jong commented on his Facebook page saying that he hoped leaders from the ruling party could set a “good example” in the fight against the coronavirus, noting that the WP had suspended its outreach activities.
Mr. Seah, you ultimate objective is to want our votes, right?

Then, go back to all your Fairprice outlets and revise the current selling prices to the prices back to before Covid 2019, can you do this simple task, no? Do you know that your prices have gone up, even though the Australia dollar is so much cheaper now.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Politician doing all their stuff and ask people not to politicalise things they commit???
Come on, Mr Seah. Grow up !

:rolleyes:Truly kujiao kong lanwei. He was plainly out there to steal a march on his political rivals and yet he has the cheek to hope that his political publicity stunt should not be politicised.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read this and learn:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Psychological projection is a defence mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others. For example, a bully may project their own feelings of vulnerability onto the target. It incorporates blame shifting and can manifest as shame dumping.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seah has been walking around since circuit breaker.
Nothing surprising.
He is the CEO of Fairprice Group can go visit his supermarket.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Politics is everything. If you are playing a prominent role in society thanks to political master, then you had better watch your every move. A falter, you should get crucified and maybe even have to give up your lucrative role.

Fire him!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
MP doing his job also considered as political campaigning? Oppies are really finding fault.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seah has been walking around since circuit breaker.
Nothing surprising.
He is the CEO of Fairprice Group can go visit his supermarket.

Lawrence Wong said, go about do whatever you want to do, and go home. don't loiter and chit chat with friends.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Politics is everything. If you are playing a prominent role in society thanks to political master, then you had better watch your every move. A falter, you should get crucified and maybe even have to give up your lucrative role.

Fire him!
Nothing will happen to him or what so ever. Be still and let him go .

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is like a thief shouting : " Thief !!!!!"
He has not came out for the past 5 years and all of a sudden, appeared during CB and then took to his facebook to boast about his walkabouts. That is not politicising, it is called dirty politics.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He has not came out for the past 5 years and all of a sudden, appeared during CB and then took to his facebook to boast about his walkabouts. That is not politicising, it is called dirty politics.

The PAP attracts plenty of these lanjiao langs... Seah Kian Peng, Koh Poh Koon, Gan Kim Yong, Victor Lye etc.

Like flies to rubbish, a match made in heaven. :cool:

The more decent pappies... they exist but are rare. They don't crave this kind of 'exposure' like this special bunch. :wink:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he claims he was doing what he said he was doing, why
do for only one day? Why not repeat? I rest my case.