• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chua Jui Meng Quits MCA And Joins PKR

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
PETALING JAYA, July 18, 2009: Former MCA vice-president Chua Jui Meng, who lost two bids for the party’s top post, confirmed his worst-kept secret and officially joined Parti KeAdilan Rakyat (PKR) today in a boost for the Pakatan Rakyat (PR) that has been wracked by differences between its three allies. It is understood the former health minister had submitted his forms earlier and today’s announcement at a PKR forum was a formality, party sources said. Former MCA Senator David Yeoh also announced he was joining PKR to applause from members at the forum in Bandar Sunway.

Chua and PKR de facto leader Anwar Ibrahim were earlier enthusiastically greeted with loud cheers when they turned up at 3.30pm for the “The Truth Behind the Scandals: Perak, PKFZ and the BN Conspiracy” forum held at the Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa. The party members also strung up a banner that said “Congratulations to Chua for joining PKR”.

The 64-year-old trained lawyer quit as Bakri MCA division chief two days ago, after leading the division for the past 23 years. He ran for the MCA president’s post twice but lost to Ong Ka Ting in 2005 and Ong Tee Keat last year.

But he told his division he would stick with MCA and was giving up his post to allow fresh blood, asking them to give their undivided support to Ong as party president. The MCA did not pick Chua to defend the Bakri parliamentary seat in Election 2008, leading to its loss to DAP’s Er Teck Hwa and making it the sole opposition seat in Johor.

His defection is the latest sign of fractious politics within the MCA as deputy president Chua Soi Lek had recently issued a notice to appear before the party disciplinary board over his 2007 sex DVD scandal. Among veteran Barisan Nasional leaders who have recently defected to PKR include former law minister Zaid Ibrahim, MCA’s former deputy Wanita leader Tan Yew Kew and former Gerakan VP Tan Tee Kwong. Edited from The Malaysian Insider.

http://sjsandteam.wordpress.com/2009/07/18/chua-jui-meng-quits-mca-and-joins-pkr/

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
petaling jaya, july 18, 2009: Former mca vice-president chua jui meng, who lost two bids for the party’s top post, confirmed his worst-kept secret and officially joined parti keadilan rakyat (pkr) today in a boost for the pakatan rakyat (pr) that has been wracked by differences between its three allies. It is understood the former health minister had submitted his forms earlier and today’s announcement at a pkr forum was a formality, party sources said. Former mca senator david yeoh also announced he was joining pkr to applause from members at the forum in bandar sunway.

Chua and pkr de facto leader anwar ibrahim were earlier enthusiastically greeted with loud cheers when they turned up at 3.30pm for the “the truth behind the scandals: Perak, pkfz and the bn conspiracy” forum held at the sunway resort hotel & spa. The party members also strung up a banner that said “congratulations to chua for joining pkr”.

What took him so long? He was already a fallen star in mca; also hardly speak passable mandarin & can read the text in original.

The 64-year-old trained lawyer quit as bakri mca division chief two days ago, after leading the division for the past 23 years. He ran for the mca president’s post twice but lost to ong ka ting in 2005 and ong tee keat last year.

But he told his division he would stick with mca and was giving up his post to allow fresh blood, asking them to give their undivided support to ong as party president. The mca did not pick chua to defend the bakri parliamentary seat in election 2008, leading to its loss to dap’s er teck hwa and making it the sole opposition seat in johor.

his defection is the latest sign of fractious politics within the mca as deputy president chua soi lek had recently issued a notice to appear before the party disciplinary board over his 2007 sex dvd scandal. Among veteran barisan nasional leaders who have recently defected to pkr include former law minister zaid ibrahim, mca’s former deputy wanita leader tan yew kew and former gerakan vp tan tee kwong. edited from the malaysian insider.

http://sjsandteam.wordpress.com/2009/07/18/chua-jui-meng-quits-mca-and-joins-pkr/

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
(Malaysian Mirror) KUALA LUMPUR – Chua Jui Meng has done it. At about 4.15pm Saturday, he announced he has left MCA and joined the opposition PKR.

With him at the rostrum before a packed crowd at the Sunway Lagoon conference room were former MCA stalwarts David Yeo Eng Hock and Dr Yap Yee Tong.

A member of the MCA for the past 23 years ago, Chua was given a rousing welcome when he entered the hall with PKR de facto leader Anwar Ibrahim at about 3.45pm.

He told his audience he was about to take a journey of change, adding that his entry into PKR was a ‘defining critical moment’.

Describing Anwar as a ‘kindred spirit’ in changing Malaysia, Chua said: “I am now joining a multi-racial party.”

Taking the road less travelled

He said the MCA is a mono-racial party and there is no place for the Chinese community in such parties in future.

“I know I am leaving the comfort and security of my present life for a road less travelled - a tough and rough road. Ahead of me awaits hardships. I am prepared for this last hurrah of my life," he said, to tumultuous cheers.

Chuah said he was joining PKR to help preserve the two-party system that had emerged after the March polls last year.

The announcement by Chua served as the preamble for a forum on alleged scandals involving the Barisan Nasional, incuding the issues of the Perak government, the PKFZ controversy and the so-called Barisan conspiracy against the Pakatan Rakyat alliance.

In welcoming the former health minister into the PKR fold, Anwar said he was happy with the turnout of party members and supporters at the gathering.

Feeling jubilant at Chua’s decision to join the party, he quoted philosopher Edmund Berg as saying that “it is the triumph of evil when good men and women do nothing.”

Anwar told Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak that “enough is enough.”
“No more mysterious and dubious deaths.No more taking money from the people and enriching the few".

Reacting to Chua's defection, MCA president Ong Tee Keat said: "Everybody has their goals. If it brings some benefit to the rakyat..well, we wish him good luck.

"In politics, anything can happen. In the MCA, everyday we see people coming in and going out. That's the spice of life," added Ong.

When Chua was asked at a press conference later whether he would be meeting Ong on his resignation, he replied, "Tee Keat is my friend. He is a man of ideals and principles. I respect him for that and I'm sure he respects me too. We will always be friends", he said.

http://malaysianmirror.com/nationaldetail/6-national/5276-yes-jui-meng-did-it-his-way

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... When Chua was asked at a press conference later whether he would be meeting Ong on his resignation, he replied, "Tee Keat is my friend. He is a man of ideals and principles. I respect him for that and I'm sure he respects me too. We will always be friends", he said.
wat kind of answer is tis? ...

cow head dun match wif horse mouth! ...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wat kind of answer is tis? ...

cow head dun match wif horse mouth! ...

That's classic politician's answering technqiue - when one can't answer, say something else totally besides the point with a boomerang round-the-bush back-to-square-one statement. It states the obvious, commits and explains nothing, pretending that one has answered, giving the reporters something to print. It confuses readers who don't understand such political technique and is ignored by readers who understand.

In any case, Chua Jiu Meng's timing of defection shows his commitment and confidence in PKR and Anwar Ibrahim, instead of playing safe by waiting for the verdict of the sodomy trial.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's quite common for these things to happen. History has shown so in countries before Malaysia which turned from one-party states to more political-balanced states. Cases are Liberals members to Labour, KMT members going to DPP, Democratic-Republican splitting into Dem and Rep etc. Nothing new. Politicians want and need power, whether for good to do more or bad to gain fame or $.