• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chiobu Boss : 'I will never get my staff to work at 9am': Entrepreneur says employees should only work from 10am to 4pm

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

'I will never get my staff to work at 9am': Entrepreneur says employees should only work from 10am to 4pm​

April 12, 2023published at 12:49 PM
ByCandice Cai

worklifebalance.jpeg

The early bird may get the worm, but the early-to-work employee is an unproductive worker.
That's the belief of one Singapore-based entrepreneur, who shared her view on what the optimal work schedule for an employee looks like.
"I will never get my staff to start work at 9am, and I'll tell you why," said TikTok user Thatasianmmama in a video posted on Tuesday (April 11).
Based on content shared on her social media accounts, the user behind the account is believed to be working in the financial services sector and is also the founder of a company providing motherhood-centric products and services.
In the TikTok video, Thatasianmama continued: "At 9am, any typical person reporting to the office, what do you think most of the people are doing? They are going to the pantry to take coffee, tea, take water, eat breakfast."
Explaining why this is so, she stated: "The truth is, everybody's day hasn't started yet [at that hour]", adding that they will need to satisfy their hunger before they can work.
"It is not productive for the people who are working, it is also not productive for the company," she remarked.
She shared that she tells her staff to start work at 10am instead, but it comes with a caveat: "When you start work at 10am, please do not come in at 10am to eat breakfast."

Is Singapore ready for a 4-day work week?
Is Singapore ready for a 4-day work week?

She added that she'd rather her staff come in after they've settled their breakfast, among other things.
"They eat whatever breakfast, pang sai pang jior [poop and pee] whatever before 10; 10am they start work, stay focused," said Thatasianmama.
If you think the optimal working hours for her would be 10am to 6pm then, you'd be wrong.
The mother-of-three doesn't believe in keeping employees in office till 6pm either. Her rationale? By 4pm, employees who started work at 9am "would have been sitting at their desks for about six hours".
"Their brains are fried, they're thinking about going home, they're already thinking about where they're going after work, they're not concentrating anymore… they're not productive anymore," she stressed.
Working for her would mean ending the day at 4pm.
"They end at 4pm, they go back home, pick their children, do whatever that they want, feel happy and have some work-life balance and then next morning start at 10am, focus on work. That itself will be more productive."
In the caption to her video, Thatasianmama added: "If you are reporting at 8.30am, change [your] job. If companies can be more open-minded, productivity can increase, happiness index will increase [for] individuals who work in the company."
Her TikTok clip has since gone viral with more than 1.3 million views since it was first shared.
Unsurprisingly, many expressed support for her stance on shortening employee working hours, though some were not hopeful of it being implemented in their companies.
ifonly.jpeg
PHOTO: Screengrab from TikTok/Thatasianmama
"It's true though… people [can] only focus [for] four to six hours… More than that cannot already," wrote one commenter.
inuordreams.jpeg
Others wondered if Thatasianmama was hiring.
workforyou.jpeg
And a few lucky ones shared that their regular working hours already conform to the entrepreneur's aforementioned schedule.
workinghour.jpeg
10to4.jpeg
But of course, detractors had their opinion on the matter.
notwork.jpeg
To one commenter who was incredulous that her staff would work for only five hours a day, minus the one hour lunch break, Thatasianmama replied that "It's enough".
itsenough.jpeg
AsiaOne has reached out to Thatasianmama for more information.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
10am start work. Sure shake their ass abit in the pantry and make some coffee. Make some small talk and before they know it, it’s lunchtime. Take a 1 hour lunch. Work abit. Then coffee break at 3pm. Work for 1 more hour and knock off at 4.

Lol guess how much work got done?

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually she is right,many mnc look at attendance n MCs ,n wat u know is those lazy ones will.turm up promptly.n among them are those very on n work without mcs ,but actually, many ate those that keng ,tumr up n do nothing,lol,like papigs

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think she basically say ... come to office 10AM ~ 4PM, six hours physical in person but whatsapp 24/7 :biggrin:
BTW how many employees she have ? If its "One-Person" operation, then ...er....er..... even a few staffs also :o-o:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think she basically say ... come to office 10AM ~ 4PM, six hours physical in person but whatsapp 24/7 :biggrin:
BTW how many employees she have ? If its "One-Person" operation, then ...er....er..... even a few staffs also :o-o:
What’s the full story? If she’s paying each clown $2.5k per month, she can’t expect them to work like a dog.