• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Celebrity-obsessed people are less intelligent, new study boldly claims

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Celebrity-obsessed people are less intelligent, new study boldly claims​

By Andrew Court​

By Andrew Court
January 5, 2022 | 10:52am

celebrity.jpg

A new study boldly claims there is a "direct association between celebrity worship and poorer performance on cognitive tests." A-listers (from left) Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and Brad Pitt have devoted fans. Getty Images

New research has deemed people obsessed with Hollywood gossip and A-list celebs to be not that smart — which will surely come as a blow to those who love poring over the pages of tabloid magazines and tuning into reality TV.

The study, published in BMC Psychologylate last year, asserts that “there is a direct association between celebrity worship and poorer performance on cognitive tests” measuring both literacy and numeracy.

The study asked 1,763 Hungarian adults to undertake a 30-word vocabulary test and a digit symbol substitution test, before completing a “Celebrity Attitude Scale” questionnaire to determine their levels of interest in famous people.

Participants had to answer “yes” or “no” to a series of statements on the Celebrity Attitude Scale, including: “I often feel compelled to learn the personal habits of my favorite celebrity” and “I am obsessed by details of my favorite celebrity’s life.”

Another yes-or-no statement read: “If I were lucky enough to meet my favorite celebrity, and he/she asked me to do something illegal as a favor I would probably do it.”

Researchers found that high scores on the Celebrity Attitude Scale correlated with lower performance on the two cognitive ability tests. Participants were also asked about their income, material wealth and levels of education in order to gain the most detailed picture possible.

However, the researchers were unable to determine whether celebrity obsessives perform poorly on cognitive tests because they used their brainpower thinking about A-listers, or whether they were fixated on Hollywood gossip because they were already less intelligent to begin with.

Harry Styles is one A-lister with hordes of die-hard superfans.Redferns
In other words, it’s unclear whether celebrity worshipping is a cause or consequence of low cognitive function.

The researchers say, therefore, further study is required.

Celeb fans often have nicknames like those who worship Ariana Grande, Arianators.Frazer Harrison/AMA2016
“Future studies should seek further support for our suggestion that the cognitive effort invested in maintaining the absorption in a favorite celebrity may interfere with the person’s performance in tasks that require attention and other cognitive skills,” the researchers told PsyPost in a recent interview.

“Although our research does not prove that developing a powerful obsession with one’s favorite celebrity causes one to score lower on cognitive tests, it suggests that it might be wise to carefully monitor feelings for [them].”

While some may feel personally attacked by this research, folks on Twitter did not seem shocked by the findings.

“I don’t think a study was needed to determine this,” wrote one Twitter user. “What worries me is that people who worship celebs are not going to read this article ever,” another added.

“Cognitive dissonance, I’m not even surprised,” chimed in a third. “The nature of celebrity worship and stan culture is really problematic.”

Source:https://nypost.com/2022/01/05/study-claims-celebrity-obsessed-people-are-less-intelligent/amp/

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do u really need a study to establish this fact ? Just as we do not have to conduct a study to establish m&ds are retards.

FatMan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Celebrity-obsessed people are less intelligent, new study boldly claims​

By Andrew Court​

By Andrew Court
January 5, 2022 | 10:52am

celebrity.jpg

A new study boldly claims there is a "direct association between celebrity worship and poorer performance on cognitive tests." A-listers (from left) Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and Brad Pitt have devoted fans. Getty Images

New research has deemed people obsessed with Hollywood gossip and A-list celebs to be not that smart — which will surely come as a blow to those who love poring over the pages of tabloid magazines and tuning into reality TV.

The study, published in BMC Psychologylate last year, asserts that “there is a direct association between celebrity worship and poorer performance on cognitive tests” measuring both literacy and numeracy.

The study asked 1,763 Hungarian adults to undertake a 30-word vocabulary test and a digit symbol substitution test, before completing a “Celebrity Attitude Scale” questionnaire to determine their levels of interest in famous people.

Participants had to answer “yes” or “no” to a series of statements on the Celebrity Attitude Scale, including: “I often feel compelled to learn the personal habits of my favorite celebrity” and “I am obsessed by details of my favorite celebrity’s life.”

Another yes-or-no statement read: “If I were lucky enough to meet my favorite celebrity, and he/she asked me to do something illegal as a favor I would probably do it.”

Researchers found that high scores on the Celebrity Attitude Scale correlated with lower performance on the two cognitive ability tests. Participants were also asked about their income, material wealth and levels of education in order to gain the most detailed picture possible.

However, the researchers were unable to determine whether celebrity obsessives perform poorly on cognitive tests because they used their brainpower thinking about A-listers, or whether they were fixated on Hollywood gossip because they were already less intelligent to begin with.

Harry Styles is one A-lister with hordes of die-hard superfans.Redferns
In other words, it’s unclear whether celebrity worshipping is a cause or consequence of low cognitive function.

The researchers say, therefore, further study is required.

Celeb fans often have nicknames like those who worship Ariana Grande, Arianators.Frazer Harrison/AMA2016
“Future studies should seek further support for our suggestion that the cognitive effort invested in maintaining the absorption in a favorite celebrity may interfere with the person’s performance in tasks that require attention and other cognitive skills,” the researchers told PsyPost in a recent interview.

“Although our research does not prove that developing a powerful obsession with one’s favorite celebrity causes one to score lower on cognitive tests, it suggests that it might be wise to carefully monitor feelings for [them].”

While some may feel personally attacked by this research, folks on Twitter did not seem shocked by the findings.

“I don’t think a study was needed to determine this,” wrote one Twitter user. “What worries me is that people who worship celebs are not going to read this article ever,” another added.

“Cognitive dissonance, I’m not even surprised,” chimed in a third. “The nature of celebrity worship and stan culture is really problematic.”

Source:https://nypost.com/2022/01/05/study-claims-celebrity-obsessed-people-are-less-intelligent/amp/
I am a Donald Trump supporter. Does it mean I am not intelligent?

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are young, it's still ok. But there are some old cunts over 40 and are still ardent fans of boy bands and young yan dao celebrities. They will attend every of their concerts and will join in the kiddos and scream their lungs out when their idols appear on stage. That's fucking disgusting!

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low IQ people are less Intelligent. This is a Fact. It does not matter if you are celebrity worship or not. Of course more intelligent people will spend their free time doing more productive hobbies. Just saying. Celebrity worship is another form of de-stress. Nothing wrong with it.

Race and IQ
national-iq-scores.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eversince with xia xuay “xi cult personality” and “xi thought” taking hold in prc, collective iq of tiongs has tumbled to 69.

Poor Guy

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are young, it's still ok. But there are some old cunts over 40 and are still ardent fans of boy bands and young yan dao celebrities. They will attend every of their concerts and will join in the kiddos and scream their lungs out when their idols appear on stage. That's fucking disgusting!

The cheapest ticket for Eason Chan concert at the Indoor stadium cost $168 and I am expecting some old cunts who listen to his songs 20 years ago will buy his concert tickets.