• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CCP students leap ‘Great Firewall’ to get homework help from ChatGPT

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

China’s students leap ‘Great Firewall’ to get homework help from ChatGPT​

China’s students leap ‘Great Firewall’ to get homework help from ChatGPT

This file photo taken on January 23, 2023 in Toulouse, southwestern France, shows screens displaying the logos of OpenAI and ChatGPT. — AFP pic

Thursday, 09 Mar 2023 8:29 AM MYT

BEIJING, March 9 — Chinese schoolchildren are turning to AI bot ChatGPT to slash their homework time — vaulting the country’s “Great Firewall” to write book reports and bone up on their language skills.

With its ability to produce A-grade essays, poems and programming code within seconds, ChatGPT has sparked a global gold rush in artificial intelligence tech.

But it has also prompted concern from teachers, worried over the possibilities for cheating and plagiarism.

In China, where the service is unavailable without a virtual private network (VPN), over a dozen students told AFP they have used it to write essays, solve science and maths problems, and generate computer code.

Eleven-year-old Esther Chen said ChatGPT has helped to halve the time she studies at home, while her sister Nicole uses it to learn English.

Esther, who attends a competitive school in the southern megacity of Shenzhen, said she used to spend four to five hours every day on homework.

“My mum would stay up late until I finished all my homework and we would fight constantly,” she said. “Now, ChatGPT helps me to do the research quickly.”

Several students told AFP they had bought foreign phone numbers online or used VPNs to bypass restrictions and access ChatGPT.

One retailer allows users to buy a US number for just 5.5 yuan (RM3.58), while one registered in India costs less than one yuan.

And for those unable to scale the firewall, AI Life on the ubiquitous WeChat app charges one yuan (US$0.15) to ask ChatGPT a question, as do other services.

https://www.malaymail.com/news/tech-gadgets...m-chatgpt/58662

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But it has also prompted concern from teachers, worried over the possibilities for cheating and plagiarism.

Your entire country is sustained by cheating and plagiarism. 假骗偷. Get off your moral high horse. :roflmao:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tiong students study so hard for what? They should learn the sex trade, learn how to farm or sign on for the miltary and become cannon fodder for the CCP regime. :cool: